Pain

"A New Beginning"

Narrator:
About 2 more months past, and Illusion and Rose were both doing fine. Rose's stitches were out, and they had already prepared a baby room for the new life to be coming very soon. Illusion had gained about 40 extra pounds, and the due date was tomorrow. Neither of them could sleep the night before, but knew that they mustn't keep their hopes so high, for the baby could be born after the due date.

Illusion's pov:
It's been three days after the set due date, and I've felt pretty tired yesterday and today. Rose thinks that's a sign that the baby's going to be born soon. Thank goodness. I love having the child with me, it's just been a lot of work. Rose will be happy too, because I won't be as hormonal to her as I am now. She's been a great supporter to me though. She never got mad at me, even if I was screaming at her, because she knew, I didn't really mean anything that I said, and that I would always love her. It's been tough since the incident with Roy, but I guess we're slowly getting past all of that, just to make a better life for this child. I just worry about what it's life will be like, once it's exposed to everything in this world. All the haters, and many people like Roy. I went to talk to Rose about it. "Don't worry, everything's going to be okay. You don't need to worry about anything," she said.

"I have to though. He could come and hurt you again, and I..I don't want you to have to deal with it anymore." I looked at the ground.

"Don't worry. I've told the police about Roy, and they promised that once the baby's born, they'll send someone over for most of the day to make sure we're okay. It'll be like having our own personal body guard."

Rose smiled at me. Damn, her smile could make anyone melt into a puddle in a second. I kissed her lips softly.

"Thank you Rose....I should have been the one doing that though, since you were the victim to the accident. I feel guilty for not thinking of it sooner." She smiled sweetly.

"Don't worry. I know how preoccupied you've been, carrying our little baby around." She giggled, and pulled me into a hug. "Don't think you've done anything wrong, because you haven't. Just rest." She walked with me into the bedroom, and got me into bed. I drifted off to sleep for about 3 hours, until a sharp pain in my lower stomach awoke me.

Rose's pov: 8:00 PM
Yippee! I'm so excited! I'm driving(very fast may I add) down to the hospital so Illusion can give birth to our baby! Yay! I can't wait! But poor Illusion is having so much pain, her contractions are very sharp. Hopefully the doctors can give her something to ease the pain.
-2 hours later-
Illusion's about to give birth! The doctors have asked me to help them calm Illusion down. Tonight is the first time I've seen Illusion without any makeup on in public. Ha, ha. Poor sweetie. The pain will hopefully be over soon, and our little bundle of joy will be born.

-30 minutes later-

Narrator: Finally, at exactly 10:30 PM, Madeleine Nicole Rayne was born. It was April 3, 2008. As soon as the doctors had announced that the baby was a girl, Illusion burst into tears. She couldn't believe how lucky she was. They cleaned off the baby, and handed it to Illusion, whose hair was crazy, her eyes were tired, but she still looked like the most beautiful person in the world to Rose. "Hiya little Maddy," Illusion said quietly, kissing Maddy on the head. She looked up at Rose and smiled. Rose smiled back, and rubbed Maddy's head. Maddy opened her eyes slowly, and stared up at her two mothers for the first time. By then, the two young, married mothers knew, there could never be a child as beautiful as the one they were holding in their hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
The baby, Maddy, is loosely based on my friend who passed away last thanksgiving. Her birthday was April 3, 1990. So I named the baby after her, and based her birthday on the real thing. No, her last name was not Rayne, but I'm putting that to fit in with the story. The first and middle name was taken after her.