Pain

"How It All Ended For The Girl"

Illusion sat down on the counter of her bathroom, searching for the arms socks she used to cover up her fresh cuts. This whole week that she spent cutting, her mother never noticed..she never noticed anything that Illusion did. She wouldn't even care if she got her lip pierced, which Illusion planned to do tomorrow. Tomorrow was her 18th birthday..then she would be off to college.

The next day, Illusion got ready to go to the mall. She brushed her teeth and hair, before gently cutting her wrist. After that, she hopped into her car, and drove off, her new cut shining with blood.

She walked slowly down the halls of the mall as she searched out her favorite store, Hot Topic. She spotted it and ran into it, excited. She smiled at the employee until he asked

"May I help you?"

"Yes please! I would like to get my lip pierced."

"Okay, can I please see your ID?"

Illusion quickly pulled her license and handed it to the cashier. He smiled and handed it back to her.

"Happy birthday."

She smiled back at him.

"Thank you."

He held out his hand.

"Can I please see your arms?" Illusion froze up.

"M-my arms?"

"Yes. See, even if your age proves that you're old enough... we need to see that you're -responsible enough."

Illusion sighed and pulled up her sleeve, revealing her several cuts. The employee also sighed.

"I'm sorry miss, but I won't allow you to get a piercing..and I'll have to call your parents."

Illusion started to cry.

"My mom..my dad killed himself after he tried to kill me!"

Illusion ran out of the store in tears, her mascara and eyeliner flowing down her cheeks with the tears that spilled from her eyes.

She ran out into her car and called Rose. The voice that once told her she loved her picked up.

"Hello?"

In between tears, Illusion was able to say "Meet me at our old campout place in 30 minutes." She started the car and drove off to Ridgehill Mountain.

Her car rolled up the hill just as Rose's car parked. They both got out, and looked at each other until Rose said quietly,

"What do you want?"

Illusion looked up at her with tears in her eyes. Rose sighed.

"Look, I didn't drive all the way from Roy's just to see you bawl your eyes out." Illusion's tears were no longer filled with sadness, but with anger.

"You were at Roy's!? How could you?!"

This started a physical fight. Illusion slapped Rose, which pushed Rose back. Rose started backing up off the edge of the cliff.

"Rose! NO!" But it was too late. Rose was hanging from the side of the cliff.

"Shit.." and that was the last word Rose said before she fell to her death. Illusion fell on her hands and knees by the edge.

"Rose!"...-silence-..."Rose.."