Pain

"Rain Can't Fall Faster"

Narrator:
It had been about a week later that Rose and Illusion could head home. Mayu was stuck in the hospital for further examination. It was harder on Rose than Illusion, but they both knew that it was for the best that their new child was kept there. Every few days they would go to the hospital to check on their baby girl, and to make sure that everything was going smoothly throughout the weeks that passed.

Illusion's POV:
Well. It's been almost a month since little Mayu-chan was born. It's been hard on all of us. Especially Rose. Her stomach's been hurting a lot, and we're not sure what its from. It might be from the stitches, or her anxiety she's been having. I'm really worried about her too. We found out that Eliza's kids have all been killed by their dad. At least he got arrested. We called the police about Eliza once we got to the hospital. I feel horrible for her and the children. I cannot imagine anything like that. I really need to talk to Rose about this.

Narrator:
Illusion walked over to Rose. "Sweetie.." she said softly.

Rose turned around, her eyes red and puffy. She wiped away the falling tears. "I..I'm not in the mood to talk right now Illusion. I'm sorry." She sulked away to the living room and curled up in a ball on the couch. Illusion went and sat next to her, and rested her hand on her leg.

"I hope you know this isn't your fault. You do know that right?" She looked at Rose with concern.

Rose just buried her head into the pillow more, and cried harder. She managed to say, "Yes it is..it's all my fault. I let those kids die. I didn't do anything to help Eliza. Everything's my fault."

Illusion ran her fingers through Rose's hair, and kissed her forehead. "Everything's going to be alright. Mayu gets to come home in a few days. We'll have two little girls around." She smiled, but it was a weak smile.

"I'm just..excited to have Mayu coming home, but I cannot get that night out of my head. Ever since Mayu was born, it's been bothering me."

Illusion cringed at the thought of the night that had scarred them for life. "Well..maybe we should all go see a therapist. Maybe they can help us get it off our mind for awhile."

Rose looked up at her and nodded slowly. "Yeah. I guess that would be best for us." She leaned over and kissed Illusion softly on the cheek. "You don't know how much I love you."

Illusion looked at the ground and sighed. "I think I'd better go check and see if Maddy's okay upstairs." She got up and sighed, before walking up the stairs into Maddy and Mayu's room.

Rose lifted her shirt up so she could see her stomach. She thought it was hideous now. There was a long cut across her stomach, and they just took out her stitches the other day, so it was still sore. She looked up to see Illusion walking back into the kitchen, carrying Maddy, who just woke up. She quickly covered her stomach back up, and got up quickly to get food for Madeleine.

"No Rose. I can do it. It's okay. Why don't you go upstairs and read for a little bit? It might do you some good."

Rose nodded again. She lumbered upstairs and closed the door softly, and flopped down onto the bed. She looked over at Illusion's bedside drawer, and saw it was open a bit. There was part of a bag hanging out. Now, Rose didn't like to snoop, but this was her wife she was talking about. It couldn't be anything -that- bad. She opened the drawer, and saw it was a big bag of razors. Her heart started beating faster. She grabbed it, and yelled downstairs. "Illusion! Come up here!"

"Coming!" Illusion ran up the stairs quickly, scared Rose was hurt or something. She quickly opened the door. "Rose! What's wron-.."

She stopped dead in her tracks as Rose held up the bag of razors, and a few bloody tissues. All of the blood drained from Illusion's face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whooaaaa :]