Pain

"Life Is Something To Cherish"

Narrator:
7 hours past, and finally Rose was out of surgery. Illusion, groggy as she was, was so excited to know that her sweetheart would make it through alright, and hopefully would be able to see their beautiful child being born. The surgeon that worked on Rose came out into the waiting room. "You may come in now Mrs. Rayne." Illusion got up slowly, almost falling over, forgetting the extra weight that was added onto her. She went into the room where Rose lay. The doctor lifted up her shirt and showed her what they did for the wound. The once bloody spot was now cleaned up, stitched up, and looked perfect again. Illusion smiled, and turned to the doctor. "Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to us." She looked down at her stomach, and smiled. The doctor smiled back at her, before looking at Rose again. "She'll be awake in about an hour. You can wait here." He pulled up a chair, and helped Illusion get settled.

Rose's pov:
"What? Where am I? Why does my stomach hurt so much?" I opened my eyes, adjusting to the bright light. I saw Illusion sitting next to me, holding my hand, and caressing my face. "You're fine Rose. Everything's alright now," she told me. I rested my head back down on the pillow, and moaned in pain. A foul bile rose up from my throat, and I twisted over the side of the bed, then vomited. The nurse gave me a glass of ginger ale, and cleaned up the mess. Illusion looked at me with pain. "I'm so sorry Rose. I never should have left you alone. I knew I was giving you too much space..I'm so sor-" "

No. It's okay. I can remember everything now. It's not your fault." I got comfortable, before telling the story of how Roy had come to hurt me.

"Well, I was in bed, reading one of the books you had finished. I didn't lock the door, because I knew you were going to be home soon, and I wanted to wait until you got home until I fell asleep. It was a big mistake. I should have locked everything. Roy came in the back door. He closed the door, locking it behind him. He..he came closer, and told me he was going to rape me if I didn't do as he said. He told me I..he told..he told me I had to kill you and the baby, but I could never do that. Ever. I told him no, and he said he would hate to rape me, but would think it would be fun to toy with me for awhile. Told me it would be a little warning for you that he was still after me, and that he wasn't giving up. He threw me out of bed, and against the wall. And..and that's when he stabbed me. Just once, but deep enough..well..you know..you saw." I looked down at the bed sheets. Illusion tilted my chin up so I was looking at her pitch black eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I know it wasn't -entirely- my fault. but I still feel guilty. I love you so much. I never want to lose you, especially not to Roy." Illusion pulled me into a hug, a gentle, but loving hug, and then, I knew Roy could never separate us.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay =D

comments are seriously praised d=