Sequel: Forever Alone

Josephine

I'll send you all my love

Josephine liked the swings. She said it made her feel like flying. She wanted to have wings so she could be able to fly to the sky and find the pair of stars that shone the brightest. She liked to believe that those stars were her mother's eyes.

I had no heart to tell her the opposite. So, I kept telling her that her mother watches her from the heaven, and the stars were her eyes.

And sometimes I would find her standing next to my bed, like a picture perfect version of her mother, looking at me with her big, childish eyes, telling me that she saw Mommy in her sleep. And Mommy told her that everything will be alright.

"Daddy, why are you so sad? Mommy is playing with angels now. She's happy. And you should be happy too," she told me in her small, childish voice, that remind me of her mother so much.

It's been four years. Four years since I lost the girl of my dreams. Four years since I had my daughter to make me happy on my gloomy days, to make me proud. And to remind me of her mother.

"Tell me more about Mommy. Was she beautiful?" Josephine said as she crawled under the blanket and lying her head on my chest.

She liked the sound of my heartbeat. She said it reminded her of a lullaby her mother used to sing to her.

"Your mother was the most beautiful girl I have ever met in my life," I would always begin the story with the same sentence. I knew that Josephine liked it that way. "She got me under her spell and I couldn't do anything without thinking of her. When I first met her, she was working for our company. She was my assistant, and I tried everything I could just to be noticed by her. Uncle Spencer saw that, and he told me to get myself together and just ask her out. But I was too scared."

"Did you ask Mommy out, Daddy?"

"Actually it was your Uncle Jon that set us together at one of the parties our company had. And the rest was history. We went out, fell in love and had you," I finished telling the story, feeling my daughter's breathing slowing down.

She was my angel. My perfect gift from my angel in the heaven.

Seeing my little girl sleeping peacefully in my arms made me remember Natalie.

"Brendon, promise never to hurt me," she said

I moved closer to her, cupping her face in my palms.

"I'll never hurt you Natalie. I love you."


"Daddy why are you sad?" The little voice next to me woke me from my beautiful dream. A beautiful dream that was, at the same time my worst nightmare. Because I knew that I would never hear her voice again, or touch her silk skin, or kiss her plush lips.

"I just miss Mommy, that's all," I said smiling at my beautiful little girl.

"I miss her too, Daddy. But, she's with angels now. And she's happy."

Yes, Josephine Urie knew the way to lighten up my gloomy days. She was the Sun in my universe. My world was revolving around her. Because she was the gift from my angel.

She is my one and only. My daughter. My everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always appreciated