Status: Active.

The Meaning in the Rhyme

Falling of the tempature

“Who’s stoked to hide in a room for three days?” Chelsea asked grabbing her bags. I grinned and helped Andrew over the seat. He jumped down onto the pavement, Blockbuster bag in hand.

“That movie thing is really happening?!” Danny asked walking over to us in the lobby.

“You told him about our tradition?! Taige!” Chelsea whined. I laughed.

“I told him he can’t join though! He’s not girly enough to be there!” I said smiling.

“Whoa. Are you calling us girly?!” Jeph asked.

“Yeah. You cried at the end of the notebook, man.” Chelsea said retrieving her credit card from her wallet.

“I cried at the end of that movie! What are you trying to say?!” JD asked smirking.

“Well then guess you’re allowed to join movie time.” Chelsea said.

“Nope. Still not allowed. It’s band time. Remember?” I said walking over to the elevator. We all piled into the small elevator. I was shoved to the back beside Jack. It was awkward. You wouldn’t think that drunk Jack and regular Jack were that different but apparently they were.

“So…..Jack….how are you?” I asked smiling.

“I’m awesome. Tour is awesome. How are you?” I sighed. He was going to make this hard.

“Feeling pretty awkward. I’ll text you later. We should hang out.” I said pushing through the others and slid my card to get into the room. The others followed behind me silently.

“You okay, Taige?” Jeph asked watching me pull a change of clothes out of my bag.

“Yeah. Just sick of bro’s who don’t know what they want. I’m not leaving this room again until at least mid day tomorrow.” I said huffing and walking into the bathroom. I quickly changed and pulled out The Hangover from the bag.

“You chose that one?” Chelsea asked smirking, having changed already also.

“Yep. It looks hilarious and I’ve heard good things.” I said sliding it into the player and settling against a comfortable looking Andrew. We were half way through when my phone vibrated on the bed.

New message from Jack

> I need to go to the store. Can we borrow the van?

“Jack wants to know if he can borrow the van?” I asked looking around.

“Only if you drive. He’s not on the insurance and my parents would fuck us all up if he crashed.” I groaned and replied with a yes.

“Guess I’ll watch the movie by myself later.” I said opening the door. Jack was standing by the elevator waiting for me.

“I can drive?” Jack said quietly. I wrapped the long lanyard around my wrist and pressed the button.

“I have to. You aren’t on Andrew’s parents insurance.” I said quietly.

“I’m not going to wreck it.” He defended. I shrugged. Jack frowned.

“If I make a joke will you smile.” I shrugged again.

“Please? Come on, Taige! I miss my best friend.” He said wrapping his arms around me and tucking my head underneath his chin. I wanted to snuggle into his chest and stay there.

“You smell good, Jack-o.” I said laughing. He chuckled and let go. We skipped outside, hand in hand.

Unfortunately, we were still apart of bands which meant fans were everywhere. Including a WaWa’s at midnight. It wasn’t that we didn’t love our fans. The complete opposite but sometimes a break was welcome. Jack dealt with it in his usual fashion. Sex jokes, pictures, and pranks. We were seconds from being thrown out when one of the girls noticed some guy outside she recognized.

“I think I just got dissed for someone not famous.” I peeked around him.

“He’s cuter than you though.” I said putting the sandwiches on the counter along with the Vaults.

“Taige! You are no longer allowed to play with my dick.” The old ladies eyes grew wide from the register.

“Jack Bassum Barakat! Are you serious?! Have respect, man!” I said smacking him. “I’m really sorry. He doesn’t know the difference between appropriate public talk and non appropriate talk. Say sorry, Jack.” I said apologizing to the lady. Jack leaned down and whispered.

“She is not amused.” I bit my bottom lip to stop from laughing.

“Shut it, bro. Thank you.” I said smiling politely and picking up the bags.

“You know that was fun.”

“No. That was awkward. I thought she was going to hit me in the face!” I said pulling the yellow hood over my head to block the wind.

“Can I drive now?” He asked sitting on my hood.

“No. Get off of there and get in before you scratch the paint! This is our baby!”

“Not unless I can drive!”

“I’m cutting your tires.” I said sitting in the front seat and propping my knees on the steering wheel.

“Taige.”

“Bassum.”

“You’re cute.” I blushed and looked away.

“You spike that drink?” I asked looking at the Coke in his hand.

“No? Why?” Jack asked perplexed.

“Because, last time you were that sweet you were also overly trashed and trapped in a five foot wide bathroom. His shoulders slumped.

“I was hoping that was just some weird, wet dream.” I didn’t know how to react so I stared at him. “Is that why you’re acting so weird? Shit, Taige. Come here.” He jumped off the hood and motioned me towards him. I wrapped my arms around his non existent waist.

“I didn’t think you cared.”

“I do care! I can’t have a relationship though. I’m way too immature for it and as you can see I’m a horny drunk. I can’t do that to you.” He said quietly.

AWWW. He cares? Cute

“You know that’s the reason those girls crowd around you like they do.”

“Nah. It’s for my ass in these jeans.” I giggled. Our phones vibrated simultaneously.

“They want to know where we are.” I said reading aloud my message.

“Alex says wear protection.” Jack said shaking his head.

“Typical.” I said starting the van. We joked the whole way back to the hotel. Shane was outside getting something out of the bus when we got back. I waved and pushed Jack forward. Inside the elevator our lips connected. It wasn’t a “lets fuck” kiss it was just a “this might go somewhere” kiss.

That was all I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't realize I had ended the last chapter with Jack macking just like this one until about five minutes ago but oh well. Who doesn't love some Jack macking? Haha. Thoughts on Painting Flowers? I love it.
Taige
Chelsea

Title cred- New Found Glory