Status: Active.

The Meaning in the Rhyme

It's the breeze you make

“Chelseaaaaa!” I whined from the floor, picking up the laptop.

“What, lady?”

“I’m really bored, man!” I said banging my head against the wall.

“Go find Jack!”

“I don’t want to see him! I want to hang with my best friend! I loveee you!”

“If you keep talking like that I’ll fucking hit you.” Jeph said pushing his hair out of his face.

“It’s the only way she’ll listen to me! Why is it such a problem?!”

“Cause its annoying! Shut up lady.” Andrew said sticking his tongue out.

“Hmph. Chelsea, how come Marshall and you are closer right now than me and you?! I feel left out.” I said pouting.

“He has a dick. That’s why.” Jeph said slipping his glasses over his face.

“What about Zack?” Andrew asked staring at her.

We shared these things. Andrew told us about the first time his ex girlfriend cheated on him. Jeph told us the real meaning behind his tattoos. Chelsea expressed her pains of being a girl and I curled into a ball whenever I thought too much. We were always there for each other no matter how awkward the situation. Band life.

“I don’t know. He’s sweet and damn that boy is good looking but he’s insanely quiet and really closed off.”

“Do you know whether Marshall is single though? I heard he had a girl back home but I could be wrong.” Jeph said.

“You’re kidding.” I said staring at him.

“Look it up.” He said. I quickly typed in his address to his Facebook. No one was listed but that could mean anything.

“It doesn’t say anything. Chelsea, if he’s fucking around I’m going crazy ass Tiger Wood’s wife on his ass. Golf club and all.” I glared at the screen.

“No. If he is then he is. We aren’t official or anything.” Chelsea said quietly looking at the bedspread.

“Whatever. You two hang out so often and friends don’t just hook up. Feelings are always there.” I said crossing my ankles irritability.

“She’s really pissed about this.” Andrew observed.

“Yeah. Well, suddenly my best friend is just my best friend in the van and then once we’re out she’s off with one of the guys. What do you expect? There better be something going on.” I said shutting down the laptop. Chelsea was frowning and staring at her hands. I shrugged and stood up. “I’m going to get some juice from the machine. Anyone want anything?” They all shrugged.

I pulled out a five and tried to shove it into the machine.

“It doesn’t take crumbled up angry money, Taige.” I looked up at Rian.

“It should take all types of money if its hungry enough.” I said glaring at my reflection in the glass. He clutched his stomach laughing.

“You- Just- Oh my god.” I spun on my heel and glared at him.

“You serious right now? All the shit that your band does and that’s the most laughter I’ve ever seen out of you? Bull shit.”

“Aw. You’ll be alright.” He said pulling me into a hug. Zack appeared seconds later, shirtless and sweaty.

“Oh. Hey, Zack.” I said watching him. He smirked and pushed a five into the machine and grabbed a water.

“You should take a picture. It’ll last longer.” Rian said putting his arm around my neck.

“I don’t have to take a picture. I just have to Google his name and will get 50,000 results for it.” I said sticking my tongue out at him and flattening the money against the machine.

“What do you want?” Zack asked lightly bumping me to the side and slipping two dollars into the machine. I pointed to the cheesy Chex Mix and spun in a circle.

“You are so odd.” Rian said I shrugged and thanked Zack for the food.

“Where are you going now?” Zack asked leaning against the wall and sipping his water.

“I’m not sure. The band was getting tense. We started to talk about the events of this tour and things were said that I’ll regret but I can’t seem to throw my pride aside and apologize to them so I’m just going to wander around until they call me worried and then I’ll know the fights been forgotten.”

“Oh. You want to come hang with us?” Rian asked. I shrugged and followed them back to the suite they had rented. Jack and Alex were laying on the floor. Both were staring at a notebook, Alex bit thoughtfully on the pen.

“We should play Running From Lions. Add that.” Jack said taking the pen from Alex’s hand and scribbled it down.

“Making a new set list, eh?” Rian asked kicking Alex.

“The old one is posted on the boards.” Jack said propping himself up on his elbows.

“It’s not like its something that could reveal a huge band secret.”

“It’s not the point, Taige! We have to keep them guessing!!”

“Ohh. Secrets are more dramatic though.” I said jumping over the couch and curling into a ball. Alex laughed and carried the notebook to a room in the back.

“You want a secret?” Jack asked. I nodded, smiling. “Zack workouts by lifting fat angel babies.” I stared at him, my mouth half hanging open.

“I’m sorry. Wut?”

“You heard me. Ask him.” Jack said smirking.

“Uhm….okay. Hey, Zack, you know what this fool just said?”

“No. What?” Zack asked from his spot on the window sill.

“That you got those muscles from lifting fat angel babies.” He suppressed a smile and nodded.

“I do. Didn’t you know I’m a god and I can call down fat angel babies whenever I want?”

“Correction, darling. You’re a sex god. You aren’t a fat baby calling god.” I said laying backwards on the couch and crossing my feet in the air. Jack stretched his neck and stared me in the eyes. “Hey, Jack-o.” I grinned.

“Hey buddy. How are you?”

“Tired. Last night was fun though. We’re going to have to hang out like that again. Improved my tour experience.”

“I have coffee! Who wants some?!” Matt said slamming the door. “Who’s feet are those?”

“Mine!” I screamed waiting for him to walk around the corner.

“Hey Taige. I don’t have coffee for you, honey. Sorry.”

“I’ll share!” Jack said taking his and sipping the warm liquid.

“What is it?” I asked spinning around and fixing my hair.

“Soy hazelnut. Want some?” I nodded excitedly and took the cup. My body relaxed as it slipped down my throat.

“She likes it! You were meant for each other!!” Danny yelled. My eyes shot over to him.

“I heard you and Alex’s dick were meant to be. Comments?” I stared at him un amused.

“I didn’t do anything to you!” Alex said pouting at me.

“You didn’t say good morning or even a hello. My feelings were hurt.”

“Want.” Jack was sitting on his knees staring at the cup in my hand. I cupped his chin and slowly poured into his mouth. He stared into my eyes. The look sent a shiver up my spine. I pulled the cup away and looked at the floor. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I removed the phone and looked at the caller id. It was Andrew. I sighed.

“Hey, Andrew.”

“Where are you? It’s been over an hour.”

“I’m with All Time Low.”

“Oh. Well….Saxon wants to talk to you.” He said quietly. The phone shuffled around for a few seconds before Saxon’s voice filled the line.

“Come back to the room. It’s talk time.” I groaned.

“Alright. I’ll be there in a second.” I hung up and looked around. They were all staring at me. “What?”

“You sounded like a dying animal. What could possibly be that bad?” Rian asked.

“Saxon wants to talk. Band meeting. We’re going to have to sign something. Fuck my dad for ever making us do that. It wouldn’t be so bad except for the fact that he’s got some serious shit on all of us.” I said handing the cup to Jack and standing.

“Don’t leave! I need you!” Jack whined clutching onto my leg. I smiled down at him.

“I have to. We’ll go get lunch or something. I’ll text you.” I said poking his cheek. He pouted and released me.

“Fine. You promise?” Jack asked walking me to the door. I linked my pinky through his.

“Pinky promised. Later guys.” I said slipping out the door. There was a lot of yelling on the other side about us. I laughed and slipped my hands into my pockets and walked away. I was walking past a hallway off to the side of the elevator when movement caught my eye. I stepped back and looked closer. Chelsea and Marshall were clutching onto each other, lips connected. I shook my head and kicked the wall. They jumped apart immediately.

“Saxon says band meeting.” I said walking away.

“Bye, Marshall.” I heard Chelsea say. She caught up with me. “Taige-”

“It’s okay. Be with Marshall. He’s cute and sweet just don’t fuck around with Zack too. You and Marshall make a better couple anyway. I’m not mad that it isn’t Zack. I’m mad that you neglected to tell me that Marshall was more than a one night stand. I miss my best friend.” I said turning to her.

“I missed you too. And, I won’t. Zack is sweet but he can be really serious and I’m not that person right now.” She said hugging me. I nodded and continued walking.

“Me and Jack kissed. Last night.” I said smirking.

“Lucky bitch.” I laughed. “You could have slept with him.”

“But I didn’t. You tapped his best friend. Tell me dear, how are you to go about a relationship with this news?”

“They’re best friends! If he doesn’t know already then that’s the most amazing shit I’ve ever heard. Jeph and Andrew share everything. The other day they were discussing the likely hood that one of us will get pregnant before end of tour and who would do it.” I said stopping outside our door.

“You’re joking?”

“Nope. Got to love our friends, right?” She sighed and opened the door.

“They’re friends again!!” Jeph exclaimed smiling.

“Yep. Now, what do you want bro?” I asked sitting on the floor.

“It’s time we discuss this relationship thing that’s been going on. Mainly you two.” Saxon said pointing to me and Chelsea. “It’s not a good idea and I don’t want it to go on anywhere. Flirt and talk and sleep with them if you have to but stop with the relationships. It’s stressing the band out. It’s stressing others out. I just- can we please stop?” Saxon pleaded. I bit my lip.

“Is it- I mean….I don’t know. I’m already with Marshall.” Chelsea said quietly.

“Fine. Stay with Marshall but no more relationships, alright? Andrew, Jeph, no more girls in the van. Taige…just don’t do anything. You’re my little sister and it kills me when you get hurt so stop. Be that cute five year old kid I threw sand at when we went to the beach.” I sighed.

“I don’t know how you want me to go about being five years old at the beach when I’m 19 and it’s the middle of Winter but yeah. Okay.” I said leaning my head against the wall and thinking back to the last 24 hours.

What we had was fun for awhile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long as shit to make up for the huge absence :D

Outfits

Title cred- New Found Glory