No Place to Go

It Wont Be Long

The air was still cold around noon. Kids, teenagers, and some adults stood outside of the studio, waiting eagerly to see if any of the members would show.

Mabel being one of them, stood off to the side with her younger sister by a year and a half, Mae. They both stood silently, itching for a glimpse of Paul’s car. But at this point, seeing either of the members was good enough for the both of them. It wasn’t their first time standing outside the building. Their parents would nag at the two girls that they had nothing better to do but stand outside and wait for people who really didn’t care about them.

But the two girls thought differently.

At a surprisingly young age, they both got into The Beatles music. And to Mabel’s displeasure, her younger sister had quite a crush on her favorite member, Paul. They’d fight at times over him, usually cursing at each other and which one Paul would prefer to be with.
The thought brought a smile to Mabel’s cold lips. Her sister stood obliviously beside her, huddling for warmth and blowing into her hands.

"It's fucking cold out here, Mabel.”

“You wanted to come, Mae.”

“So did you.”

“Well. Deal with it. You want to see Paul don’t you?” She asked her younger sister.Mae sighed and nodded slowly.

“See? Be patient, and one of them is bound to show up sometime.”

Mae groaned lowly and caught sight of a couple other young people making their way over.
One with a bag slung over her shoulder and another young girl. Mae glared at them, secretly hoping they weren’t out to do what she and Mabel were doing. More people meant the less chance they’d show up.

Mabel shifted awkwardly and lent against the wall watching the other girls show up.

“So. When do you think they’re going to show up?”

“Not sure. But with the amount of people here, don’t get your hopes up.” Mae spat.

Mabel smirked and eyed the other girls, “You think they’re going to stay here for long?”

“Not if it’s this bleedin’ cold out, Mabe.Besides, where can we go to go to the washroom?”

Mabel chuckled and nudged her younger sister.” There’s a coffee shop up the street you can go too, y’know.”

“Good. 'Cause I need to go.”Mae said looking up and down the streets, “If anyone shows up, please scream for me Mabel. Don’t let me miss them because of my bladder. Promise me.”

Mabel laughed loudly, causing several teenage girls to look in her direction. “I promise Mae.Now go on before you actually do miss someone.”

Mae nodded and quickly dashed down the street towards the coffee shop. While she was away, Mabel stood silently by herself, letting the winter whispers chill through her air and nip at her skin. The other girls had either a friend or where by themselves. One girl in particular caught her eye. She looked like a traveler, hitch-hiker; perhaps from not too far away, but most likely not from the locale. The girl noticed her looking and squinted her eyes; looking at her posh appearances and probably assuming she was a snot.

Mabel and Mae usually got that from people not from around here. Yes, they dressed posh and mod, but they weren’t snots.They were a pile of scruffs from the dark side of London, rebels of their own nature and against anything that authority threw at them.

“Hello.”

Mabel was pulled from her thoughts by a young northern accent. She looked up and noticed the girl from before standing next to her. Her clothes weren't ironed and wrinkled, probably from the rain or snow. But she did look like she traveled a long ways; and the accent was a dead giveaway.

“Hello.”Mabel replied kindly.

“You’ve been standin’ ‘ere for a long time? Has anyone shown up yet?” She asked. “John, preferably?”

“I donno. Honestly, I got here a couple minutes ago with my sister. No one’s shown up since.”

Mabel replied watching the girl look up and down the streets. She nodded and replied with a low thanks. Mabel cleared her throat and itched at her jacket.

“Yer not from around here, are you?”

“That obvious?”

“The accent. Sounds Northern to me.Liverpud-“

“Liverpudlian, yes.”

“Ah.I see, same as the guys then, yeh?”She asked. The girl nodded,”Whats your name?”

“Lorelai.Yours?”

“Mabel. I’m guessing John’s your favorite too?”

“That obvious, again?”Lorelai chuckled lowly. Mabel shrugged as Mae came to stand next to her.

“Anything yet?”She asked. Mabel shook her head.

“Nothing yet, Mae.”Mabel said before she introduced Mae to Lorelai.After brief introductions, the crowd fell silent and the girls conversed with each other until a black car pulled up to the studios. The crowd of girls froze upon seeing the door open. Mabel paused as her breath caught in her throat.

“Oh god, no.” She whispered breathlessly.Mae grabbed onto her hand quickly, giving a tight squeeze and peering over at the car waiting for whomever was inside to finally appear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short chapter to begin everything :)