The Aftermath Of Losing The Savior

Day After Day

Chapter 9 Ray’s P.O.V

I kept looking at the clock, it was only a few more minutes before my shift was over and I could finally go home and wash the smell of fish off of me. But that is what you smell like when at a fish packing warehouse. After my girlfriend Christa broke up with me cause I was jobless and she was looking on settling down but I couldn’t afford to support us. So I lost a friend, then a girlfriend so I left. And moved here on the New Jersey coast.

Now I only have a few more minutes of loading a truck with fish then I can go home. Well back to my trailer home, atleast it’s a house to myself. Finally my shift was over and after punching out I went to leave. I got in my truck and looked at myself in my rear view mirror, I miss my fro. After I chopped it off I now either wear hats or slick my curly hair back. I started my run down truck that I bought off some guy for a good price and started my drive back to the trailer park where I live.

I had to make sure I locked my car doors, you never know. This one guy down at the warehouse was driving home one night and when he stopped at a stop light, some guy with a gun runs up to him. Pulls him out of the car while holding him at gun point and steals the car. The world is too dangerous these days.

When I got home I made sure to lock my car then I went in my trailer. After throwing my keys on the table. I walked over to the bathroom and stripped down and did my daily ritual of trying to scrub the smell of fish off my skin. I hate how I’m a college graduate yet I’m stuck with a job like this. Life will never be fair especially after He died. I turned off the water and got a towel to dry myself with. Then I wrapped it around my waist as I took a short walk to my tiny bedroom.

I laid almost nude and wet on my bed, I reached for my acoustic guitar. They only guitar I refused to sell. I sold my house and all my other guitars but this one my brother Louie gave me. But he’s in jail now for stealing a car. I think he’s getting out around next Christmas. I had no where to go now and nothing to do now except play my guitar, that’s all I do now a days is play. I actually got a gig at a coffee shop tomorrow but I’m afraid to sing since I’m such a terrible singer, I sound like a girl. I can only hope it works out.