The Aftermath Of Losing The Savior

Moving On

Chapter 8 Frank’’s P.O.V

Gerard’s death was like a time bomb, I don’t know what it was but somehow his death affected the whole world. I hate reading the newspaper, so many kids killing them selves, so many gang wars. The kids these days are so heavily influenced by rap and music like that, there is no more rock on the radio or anywhere. People are afraid to walk the streets at night, everyday I hear on the news how a girl was raped and killed the night before. Over the eight years since Gerard passed, the crime and death rate has doubled. And I’m not just talking about dirty Jersey I mean everywhere. I’m afraid to send my kids to school.

After Gerard’s death I got really close with my girlfriend Jamia, we started dating months before Gerard’s death. But I finally asked her and now we have three kids, Jared who’s seven, Jamie she’s gonna be five soon, Jarrett who’s three and we have another bun in the oven. Jamia is about six months along now. To support all of this I have two jobs, I sold all of my guitars as painful as it was to do that. But I need the money to pay the rent for the shitty ass apartment we live in.

After the funeral it was only days before Ray moved away looking for a change of scenery but he never called or anything after he left. Matt I haven’t seen since Bob kicked the shit out of him. Bob I think is in Chicago but I didn’t really speak to him after the funeral. Mikey is the only one I keep in touch with. He had it the hardest out of all of us. Sure Ray chopped off his fro and I was cutting everyday for weeks after his death but Mikey was much worse. About a week after Gerard’s suicide Mikey tried to hang himself. But I stopped him in time, Ray was gone and I was left to pick up the pieces. Mikey ended up crushing his voice box and the Doctors say it would be a miracle if he ever spoke again. His parents couldn’t take care of Mikey any more so they put him in a nut house. And I’m the only one who finds time to visit him. It’s really hard with work and my family but Mikey is family too, I loved his brother and I care about Mikey.

As I walked home from work I passed by the same music store I always pass and I stopped to look at the same guitar I always stared at. Maybe if I work more and save up. No, I need to save money for this new baby. It’s getting colder out an my old worn out jacket isn’t keeping me as warm as it should. But I looked away and continued to walk back to a hell I call a home. I unlocked to door and walked in, I didn’t bother to take my jacket or shoes off I was still cold. "I'm home...for now” I shouted, I had a few hours to spend with my family or sleep till I had to go to my other job. “Hey Babe” Jamia said and I walked over to where she was cooking what ever food we could afford and kissed her “Hey sweety” I bent down and kissed her belly “Hi baby” I cooed.

Jared was at the kitchen table working hard on his math homework, Jarrett walked over to me and tugged on my pant leg. “Hey lil guy” I cooed and picked him up. I carried him into the small living room where Jamie, who wears glasses, was reading a book. That’s one thing she loves is reading. Jared is very interested in music and horror movies you like father like son as they say. Jarrett is too young to tell what he likes but if you give him a crayon he will start drawing like crazy. As shity as life is just seeing my family makes me smile untill I look and see what a poor provider I am and it just upsets me. One day I will give my family the life they deserve.