Status: Now back in action

Invisible Ink

Chapter 3

I had fallen asleep sometime later, but peaceful dreams weren’t to grace my thoughts…

*Nightmare*

I was running through the dark woods sometime around midnight. He was gaining on me. I pumped my legs harder and harder but he was still behind me…gaining.
‘No, no, no!!!’ I screamed but nothing came out. Then there at the edge of the forest I saw Justin calling my name. I ran faster than I ever have before and right when I was about to reach him someone stabbed him from behind. ‘NO!!’ I screeched. Then the same man that had felt me up came around him. ‘I told you I’d be back…’

*End of nightmare*

I screamed as I woke up. Sweat was running down my face and I was in hysterics. Then someone came rushing in. “No!!!” I cried. They put their hand over my mouth and came close to my ear. I started to panic even more. “Emma shh it’s me, it’s Justin. Shh…calm down. I won’t hurt you I promise…” I quieted down immediately after I heared his voice. It was so strong yet gentle I could have listened to it for days. No one had ever talked to me so softly. He took his hand off of my mouth. He cupped my face in his hands ever so gently. “What’s the matter Emma? What happened?” I felt my face go hot from his touch. “I had a nightmare.” I whispered. “About what?” I looked up into his eyes. “I dreamt that someone killed you in front of me.” Another tear slid down my cheek.

“It was only a dream Emma…nothing is going to happen. I promise.” He kissed my forehead. “Can you do something for me?” I asked. “Yes, anything.” “Would you mind untying my wrists?” he laughed. “Of course.” After he untied them I rubbed my wrists. Then he undid my feet and torso. I sat up. “Thank you.” I whispered. “Your welcome.” Then he leaned in to me and softly pressed his lips against mine.

I was shocked and I felt a tingling sensation in my lips. I closed my eyes and softly pressed my hand against his neck. He slowly pulled back. I reopened my eyes to see him staring intently at me. I felt very self-conscious just then. I felt another blush creep up on my face. “What?” I asked. “You shouldn’t be in here…” he said. I sighed. “I know. It was just some freak incident. I don’t know what happened. I guess I just released a life time of repressed anger in 5 minutes on 1 person.”

I was looking down in embarrassment as I said this. Justin lifted my chin up to his face and kissed me again. But this kiss was more passionate than the last and I couldn’t help but respond back right away. After a minute or two he pulled away. “I have to go Emma. If I’m not back soon they’ll come looking for me.” I nodded. “I’ll be back tomorrow, I promise.” And with another quick kiss he left.

I sighed. I hoped that tomorrow was going to be a little better.

*Next Day*

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping. Their beautiful little chirps don’t belong in such a vile place though. I sat up and looked at the clock in my room. 9:37 am. I groaned. I was hoping to wake up later so that this day would end sooner but no such luck exists for me.

I got out of bed and walked over to the barred window in my room. It was a beautiful day outside. I smiled to myself. ‘If I wasn’t in this hell hole right now I’d probably be outside drawing away. I love to draw everything. Birds, flowers, people, anything. But I didn’t have my sketching pad here. I thought for a moment. ‘Amelia!’ She did say if there way anything I needed just to ask. ‘Maybe it won’t be so bad after all being in this place.’ I smiled again.

At lunch I sat by myself to avoid another mishap like the one on my first day here. I ate in peace and put my tray away like a good patient and walked over to the nurses table. I saw Amelia talking to Justin and for some reason I got a bit jealous. But I put it passed me. ‘They’re probably just talking about the crazy people here.’ I walked over to them. “Oh hello Emma, this is Justin.” I looked at him. “We’ve met.” We both said in unison. We all three laughed.

“So are you ready to go back to your room?” she asked. “Actually I was wondering if I could have a sketch book and some pencils.” She smiled and nodded. “Sure, I’ll be right back.” I looked at Justin. He was gazing right back at me like he did last night. I blushed again. “I’ll come by your room sometime tonight. Is that okay?” I nodded. “I’ll wait for you.” I whispered.

“All right here’s your sketch book and pencils.” Amelia was back and I gave her a bright smile when she handed me the sketch book. “Thank you so much!” I tried to hug her but she quickly pushed me away. I looked at her and she looked scared. “What did I do?” I was extremely confused. “Don’t hurt me, I gave you your sketch book all ready!” She exclaimed. Everyone was looking this was and another nurse was quickly heading this way with another syringe. “But I was only trying to hu-” My sentence was cut off when I felt extremely dizzy. I looked down just in time to see the nurse take the syringe out of my side. Then I fell backwards and into unconsciousness. My last thought before darkness: ‘Damn it!’
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all who are reading my story!!! And I really appriciate some of your comments!!! If you have any ideas for the story please message me!!!

-Q