Resistance is futile

That's it.

"You got it?"
"I got it..." I said to Gerard. We were lifting a very stuffed cooler into the back of his already-packed car.

"You got the blankets??" Mikey yelled from the back of the house. After we were satisfied that the cooler was steady, I turned and gave him the thumbs up. He nodded and ducked back into the house.

"Gee, do you really think we'll need all this shit?" I asked in a whiny tone. He just nodded, hands on his hips as he breathed heavily. "Fine...but I'm not helping unload the car when we get there."

Once we'd all piled into the car (quite literally) and started on our way, Ray and Gerard started arguing about directions to the beach. "No, we turn left!" Ray insisted. Frank was sitting on his lap, obliviously listening to his iPod. "It's right. Really, we argue about this every year, and we always turn right!"
"That's just because you always think you're right! It's left, it said so on Google!"
"Google lies!" Gerard declared. Ray just sighed, letting his head fall back. Rather suddenly, Frank started to head bang, and yell the words to whatever he was listening to - Gerard nearly swerved into a tree from shock. Of course it wasn't long before we were all laughing about it.

"Get out!" I yelled, kicking the door open and shoving Mikey off me. Mikey fell uselessly to the ground with a 'thud'. Ray laughed at him while carefully getting Frank off his lap. Mikey gave me his best pouty-face, and once I'd gotten out, I helped him up.

Finally everything was unloaded, and we'd found a nice spot on the beach. Mikey was quite determined to get someone to play frisbee with him, and after being badgered about it for a while, Ray agreed. After watching them for a bit, Frank couldn't resist joining in too.

I sat back on the blanket we'd spread out, looking up at the clouds. Gerard was staring rather intently at me, however, so I couldn't really 'relax'.
"What?" I said, irritation evident in my voice.
"Why are you wearing a hoodie?" he said after a pause. I cocked my head at him, wondering why he cared. "Because I...want to?" I tried. I really didn't know what else to say.
"I mean...we're at the beach. And it's really fuckin' hot. And there you are, sticking out like a sore thumb, wearing jeans and a hoodie." he laughed slightly at this, but it made me feel awkward. I didn't want to wear anything that would force anyone to see...well...more of me. It would be cruel and unusual. "I don't mind..." I muttered, fumbling with my hands in my lap.

"...take it off." Gerard said suddenly. He had broken the silence between us; I was startled out of my daze as I'd been watching Frank tackle Ray. "Wha-what? No!" my eyes refocused on him, and I saw just how serious he was.
"Please?" he begged, putting on his best 'abused puppy' look. It looked quite similar to the look Mikey gave me earlier.
"Why?" I asked in frustration, giving him my best 'I-might-kill-you-if-you-keep-this-up' look. This caused him to stick out his bottom lip. I rolled my eyes, and went back to watching the guys play frisbee.

"Because..." he said, after another pause. I frowned deeply, looking over at him and waiting for his explanation.
"...it might loosen you up?" he said nervously, no doubt because of my expression. That didn't make sense, I'd feel worse if I took my hoodie off. Just when I started to think of a response, Frank appeared next to us, standing just off the blanket. "Sunblock! Sunblock!" he cried, bouncing from foot to foot. Gerard and I exchanged a look that plainly said we both thought he was crazy. Gerard dug around one of the bags for a moment, then threw Frank the sunblock. Ray soon walked up and stood beside Frank. "I got it!" Frank declared, waving the bottle around. "C'MOON!" Mikey yelled from a bit away. "Hurry up! You gotta get my back." Frank said as suggestively as he could in Ray's direction, before he took off towards Mikey.
Ray sighed heavily and rolled his eyes. "I'll go take care of the kids..." he muttered, reluctantly going back over to where they'd been playing. Gerard and I laughed to ourselves after he left.

"...why not?" Gerard finally said, crossing his arms over his chest. Once again, I was startled out of thought; I was wondering to myself why Ray had been so meticulous with putting Frank's sunblock on.
"Why won't you let it go!" I thudded a fist on the blanket, and managed to force some sand through to the top.
"Because! You just don't seem like you're having fun."
"...and my hoodie is holding me back?!" I looked at him, exasperated. He looked at me smugly, and nodded. "Did you consider that I'm not having fun because you keep pestering me?" I said, already looking triumphant.
"I wouldn't be pestering you if you just did it." he replied with a serene smile. I frowned and sat back. Maybe if I just ignored him, he'd go away...

After a while of sitting in silence, I could already feel that he was going to start in on it again.
"Bob..." Gerard said softly. I looked over at him, but said nothing. "Please?"
"No!" I wrapped my arms around myself while scowling at my 'friend'.
"I'll do anything!" he whined, clasping his hands together in front of his face. I blinked at him. I actually had to consider that offer; after all, 'anything' was an awful lot.
"Fine..." I muttered. I unzipped my hoodie and pulled it off, revealing my plain black t-shirt. Gerard was ecstatic, for whatever strange reason that might be. "Thank you!" he leaned over to give me a hug, but I put up a hand to stop him. "Not so fast. You have to do something for me." I smiled evilly. Gerard looked worried, almost. He should be.

"Awww! Gee has man-boobs!" Frank laughed and pointed. Gerard's eyes darted about before he crossed his arms over his chest. "Shut up..." he mumbled, but he sounded too defeated to be taken seriously. Frank continued to giggle and point.
I just smiled to myself. I knew it was mean to make him take his shirt off, especially since it was getting dark and cold out, but I had to get revenge somehow. Before long, though, I offered him my hoodie. He quickly accepted and pulled it on while shivering. Once we had a fire started, I pulled him into my lap, to try to warm him up. He looked up at me, smile plastered across his face, and settled in. I kissed the top of his head before resting my own on his shoulder.

___________________________________________________________________________

Ah, fluffy-ness...my domain. XD
This was fun to write, I was giggling most of the time while writing it. I know the ending kinda sucked though, I'll fix it when I can think of a better way.

Thank you for reading. <3