Some Protector

Chapter 2

Damien opened his eyes to find that he was in a place he had never before in his life seen. So this is what its like in the year 2008. Interesting... He gazed around the place, wondering what it was he was exactly supposed to do. He thought for a moment, then he found that Ann had been right; he knew everything he needed to know to get on in this time. He was a 17 year old transfer student from London, staying with a 17 year old girl (He assumed this was Jamie) and her parents and 10 year old brother, Max. He was born and raised in London, and then he moved to Canada to see what Canadian schools were like. He had listened to the Edmonton Oilers games online. He pulled his Cogliano jersey out of his suitcase and pulled it over the shirt he was wearing now. He wandered through the airport until he saw a girl holding a sign. The name on it caused him to freeze in shock. The sign read: Welcome, Christian Belmont! He growled to himself. “Ann, what the hell do you thing you’re doing?! Using Chris’s name! It won’t take Gabriel long to track me down this time!” He said to her angrily.

“Protocol states that we have to use a name closely associated with-“ She began.

“To hell with your protocol!” He yelled, and he blocked off his mind to further conversation with her. He walked with a forced slowness toward the family, and the girl, Jamie, smiled at him.

“Hi! You must be Christian! I’m Jamie!” She said cheerfully. He forced himself to smile at her.

“Hello, Jamie. I’m Christian. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you,” He said. He could see the happiness in her eyes.

“This is my mom, my dad, and my 10 year old brother, Max,” She said, introducing her family to him.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you all,” He said, smiling at them, and this time it was a genuine smile.

“Come on, I can’t wait to show you around!” Jamie said.

“Jamie, do you like hockey?” Damien asked suddenly. She stopped, and then laughed.

“Of course I do! Why do you ask?” She said.

“Well, I have an extra ticket to tonight’s Oilers game against... I want to say... San Jose?” He looked to her for confirmation, and she nodded eagerly. “And I was wondering, if it’s all right with your parents, if you wanted to come with me, and we could get to know each other?” He asked hopefully. She smiled.

“I’d love to!” She exclaimed. She looked at her parents. “Can I go, please?”
Her dad smiled. “Of course you can, dear! We’ll have Megan babysit Max while your mother and I go out,” He said.

“Thank you so much! I love you, daddy!” She exclaimed. “I just need to stop at home and grab my Garon jersey!” She grabbed hold of Damien’s hand and pulled him after her.

“Um, where exactly is home?” He asked.

“Oh! How silly of me! Home is really close by here! The arena’s not too far, either!” She said. “Do you want me to show you around home first?” She asked.

“Y-you don’t have to,” Damien said, getting flustered. No, stop! You can’t actually fall for her! You’re supposed to protect her, you fool! Don’t get too attached! He mentally kicked himself for his feelings. He forgot all about this as he followed Jamie “home”.