Missed opportunity

I have no joke for this one.

Bob's P.O.V.

"This is all my fucking fault!" I yelled, kicking over the nearest thing - a metal collapsible chair. It went flying.
Frank whapped me in the head with the magazine he'd been holding, looking furious. I had to use all my will power not to reach over and knock that stupid hat off his head.

"Now, what EXACTLY happened?" Frank said firmly, in a way that indicated he was intending on resolving the whole issue with the wave of his hand. Fuck, he's pissing me off...
"I can't -" I waved my hands violently - trying to convey that I couldn't tell them, without speaking. I knew if I spoke any more, I'd just start screaming - possibly hitting.

This completely went over all of their heads, though. My eyes widened in frustration and disbelief. "SERIOUSLY?!" I yelled, waving my hands again. Frank rolled his eyes, then grabbed my hand and dragged me onto the bus. The others followed.

"Okay, look - Gerard can do what the fuck he likes. It's not like he needs to be constantly monitored or -"
"What if some freak corners him in an alley?!" I cut in, feeling my heart speed up. "And what if he's sitting in a fucking coffee shop, reading the paper!" Frank just barely contained his voice below a scream. I gritted my teeth, feeling my body tense up. "You don't know the state he was in when he left. So just FUCK OFF!" with that, I left. If they weren't going to help me find him, I'd do it myself.

Hours passed. Nothing. I'd looked in more coffee shops, cafes and bookstores than I could count. I was starting to wonder if my paranoid worries had actually come true.

I considered recruiting some fans I ran into to help me find him, but decided against it. Who knows what would happen if they were the ones to find him.

This was hopeless; I was soaked to the bone, shaking beyond control, and had still found no trace of him. All I could do, was hope that he was-
My thoughts were interrupted, as a familiar mop of black hair darted into a nearby alley. I hoped and prayed it wasn't mere coincidence that they were wearing the same thing.

"GERARD!" I yelled as loud as I could, still far behind the one I was chasing. If it wasn't him, wouldn't he have looked back?
I felt a tightness in my chest, and my muscles giving out. I tried to keep going on adrenaline, but it just wasn't enough. As if aware I was struggling, he appeared to get a second wind, and disappeared from sight completely - and I was left alone in the middle of a barely lit alley.

I continued, despite being disoriented and exhausted. Once I came to an 'intersection', however, all I could do was stand there and ponder. Which way would he have gone...?
As if on cue, I heard strangled, desperate breaths from my left. I turned, and squinted down the alley; twilight was not helping my search.

I slowly and carefully walked toward the sounds, which were coming from beside a dumpster. I clutched my cellphone in my hand, which I had silently fished out of my pocket. The first second I could, I would call Ray and have him pick us up.

I peered around the dumpster, finally seeing who I had expected; Gerard. His legs were pulled up to his chest, his arms resting on his knees, and his face buried in his arms. He was not only breathing heavily, but I could also hear him crying.

Rather un-sneakily, I sat down next to him. He'd known I was there, I was breathing too hard to go unnoticed. I wrapped a tired arm around his shoulders just before he let out a sob. He turned and clung to my side, crying into my already soaked shoulder.

"Shh..." I whispered as best I could. I weakly rubbed at his arm in a comforting way, resulting in him pressing himself closer to me. "What...happened? W-why did you run...?" I said between heavy breaths. Though I was betting he wouldn't respond for a while.
"It-it's just...too much. All of it. It's too much for just one person." he mumbled quickly. I was shocked that he'd spoken, but unsure how to respond to him. We all felt the pressure, and we had all found our own ways to cope with it - but I'd had the feeling for a while that Gerard had never found the way to cope with his. While trying to think of what to say, I absently rubbed his arm, which calmed him some.

"Is there anything I can do that might help?" I tried. I knew I could do nothing incredibly useful for him, but it was best to offer. To my slight surprise, he nodded ever so slightly. "Well?" I said after a moment of silence. A sad smile overtook his face, I could see he was thinking. Finally, he shook his head, and laid it on my shoulder. I was confused, but not about to pressure him. I rubbed his back, pulled him in tight, and called Ray to pick us up.

Gerard's P.O.V.

After we got back to the bus, everything went back to normal; Frank acted like nothing happened, Ray was all smiles and avoided the subject, Mikey was first to offer to play video games, and Bob struck up conversation about our newest song. I even acted like I was interested.

All I could think about, however, was being sat next to Bob, outside, in the freezing rain, in an unnamed alley. I should have told him then. I could have said something, and if he acted as though he wasn't interested, I could have chalked it up to momentary insanity. It wouldn't have been much of a stretch.

But no. I was now stuck with someone I didn't want to be with, while the person I did want to be with was so close. But out of reach. Even if he was gay, he could do a hell of a lot better than me.

I guess I'm destined for unhappiness.

___________________________________________________________________________

This was a very new kind of thing for me to write...I hope I did alright. :]
I might continue this if anyone wants me to. -shrug-

Thanks for reading. :D