Status: Finished

Chain Reaction

You Just Might Be The Right One

"Brian...shouldn't you be with Heidi?" Zack asked as they all sat in the waiting room. Brian sighed heavily, slouching in his seat.

"She kicked me out! She said I was causing more trouble than she needed," he muttered. Becca soon walked in, a video camera in her hands as she swept the room, filming the five men quietly. "Becca would you put that thing away?" Brian whined.

She scoffed loudly. "And miss all this good stuff? I have about ten minutes of Heidi screaming at you, there's no way I'm stopping now that it's about to get good." Zack pinched the bridge of his nose.

"God help you kid...you'll need it coming into this family," he muttered before Brian smacked him harshly in the back of the head. He got up, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"I'm gonna go see her again...who knows maybe she'll forget she kicked me out," he muttered, Becca following close behind him. He walked into Heidi's room, his eyes landing on her as he grimaced. If looks could kill, he'd be dead five times over. "How're you feeling babe?" it was a stupid question sure, but he felt like he needed to say something.

Heidi glared at him. "How do you think I feel?! You try squeezing something the size of a watermelon out of you and see how you feel! I swear Brian, I'm never having another one of these things again you hear me?! And Becca get that thing out of my face before I stab you!"

Becca pressed her lips together, trying not to laugh as she lowered the camera, still filming. "Sure thing...so when do you get to push that sucker out?" Brian grumbled, Heidi throwing her head back in frustration.

"I don't know. This is a fucking nightmare...when do I get drugs? I feel like I'm gonna rip in half," she groaned. Brian's face scrunched up as he looked at Heidi, not knowing what to say to make her feel better. He decided the best thing would be to keep his mouth shut. It would save Heidi the annoyance and him the pain of her slapping him wherever she could reach.

---

It was another three hours later, and the guys were getting restless. "You know...it's times like this I'm glad I'm not a chick," Johnny mumbled. His friends looked over at him with odd looks. "...What? It's true," he argued.

Matt rolled his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak just as Becca ran towards them, her eyes wide and frantic. "You guys, someone needs to come with me! It doesn't matter which one...well whatever one isn't grossed out by child birth," she screamed. Zack put his hands up to stop her.

"Whoa, calm down. What are you even talking about?" Becca slapped her forehead.

"Well...Brian kinda passed out and Heidi's in the process of delivering...so one of you needs to go in there because honestly I think she might have broken my hand from squeezing it," she whined. All eyes went straight for Matt.

His eyes widened slightly. "...What? I'm not going in there. Why does it have to be me?" but Becca had already grabbed him by his shirt, pulling him up out of the chair. "Maybe Jimmy should go...Heidi likes Jimmy," he rambled.

"Your a big guy, you can handle it. Come on," Becca ordered, pulling him behind her. Matt froze once he got into the room, seeing Brian passed out on the floor and Heidi glaring daggers at both him and Becca. "I brought you a stress ball!" she announced, pushing Matt towards Heidi. Almost immediately as he got to her side, Heidi grabbed onto his hand for dear life.

Matt squoze his eyes together tightly. "Jesus what did I do to deserve this?" he muttered, cringing as Heidi grabbed his hand again, tighter this time. He didn't notice Becca filming the entire incident, Brian slowly coming to or the fact the doctor was holding a bawling baby minutes later. He was too busy wishing with everything in him that he could get out as soon as possible.

"Brian? Brian get up, we've got a surprise for you," Becca laughed, nudging Brian with her foot. Brian sat up slowly, his hand on his head as he slowly too in his surroundings. He soon shot up, his eyes wide.

"Bruce? I missed it?!" he yelped, looking at the baby in Heidi's arms. She smiled at him thinly, looking from their new born to him nervously. "...Why do you look like that? Why does she look like that? Is something wrong?" Matt let out a shaky breath, backing up against the wall and resting his hands on his knees.

The doctor pursed her lips. "Well...it's not exactly unusual for this to happen..." she began. Brian's eyes widened. He could feel his heart beating faster, and he grew dizzy once again. "I um...I made a mistake," she said simply. Brian's jaw dropped.

"What kind of mistake?" he spat. Heidi grimaced, her expression not nearly as frantic as his. He glared as Becca let out a loud snort, trying to cover it up with laughter. "Would someone tell me what the fuck is going on?"

"Brian, we didn't have a boy," Heidi said slowly. He grew silent and unmoving as he stared at Heidi and the baby. It took him a few moments to catch on to what she was saying.

Brian looked down at the baby in Heidi's arms. "You mean...that's a girl? We had a girl? I have a daughter?" he rambled. Heidi only nodded, gently handing their daughter over to him. Matt cleared his throat awkwardly, pointing towards the door.

"Um...I'm gonna go get the guys," he mumbled, quickly leaving. Brian stared down at the tiny baby in his arms, already noticing the brown eyes that matched his own. In the nine months he'd had to prepare himself for this moment, he never imagined he'd feel as happy as he did then.

He tore his eyes from her for a minute, looking up to Heidi who was smiling widely at the both of them. "So...what do we name her?" he asked. Heidi's head tilted to the side as she pretended to think. Brian knew she had a name picked out already. "I swear if it's another Batman character," he muttered. Heidi smiled at him sheepishly.

They stared at each other for a long moment, finally shoving their hands at each other. Becca rolled her eyes. "Unbelievable...your playing rock, paper, scissors to name your kid." she muttered. The two ignored the comment, Heidi smiling widely as she looked at her fist, beating the two fingers Brian held up.

The doors opened again, this time Matt was followed by Jimmy, Johnny and Zack. "Let me see her!" Jimmy squealed, taking the baby from Brian's arms. "She's so cute! You look just like your dad, except you don't have a sailors mouth and smell like beer!" he cooed. Brian rolled his eyes.

"What are you gonna name her?" Zack asked. Everyone looked expectantly at Heidi. She smiled widely, Brian frowning as he waited.

"Harley," she piped. Brian groaned loudly, throwing his head back as his friends snickered quietly. Becca patted him on the shoulder, leaning in inconspicuously.

"Don't worry, she's a little out of it. They gave her the good stuff," she explained quietly. Brian let out a sigh of relief. He watched as Jimmy handed her back to Heidi, smiling as he watched the two. If someone had told him a year ago that he would be having a baby with a girl he didn't know, he would have said they were crazy. But looking at Heidi, and his daughter in her arms, he decided it was probably one of the best mistakes he could have ever made.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there it is...the end.
I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest.
I actually thought I'd delete this after I started it.

But thanks for reading and commenting!
And thanks to Beccaface for all the amazing help and ideas =)