You Can Call Me Baby All the Time

how I can breathe

The wedding was being held in the backyard of my dad and Melina's Beverly Hills mansion. The ceremony was to take place under a rose covered trellis on the lush green lawn, at least two hundred gold chairs were set out in front of it for the guests.

"We've been here for like twenty minutes and no one's said anything. Should we be worried?" Frank asked me quietly.

I shrugged and looked around, not seeing any of my family.

"Oh, there's Missy," I spotted my older sister, she was kind of hard to miss with her black and bright pink hair.

"That's your second oldest sister? From your dad's second marriage?" Frank asked.

I nodded, "Yup. I don't really know her very well, she and the twins lived on the East Coast with their mum most of the time."

"Is that them?" he pointed to two guys a couple of years older than me.

"Yeah, the dark haired one is Ryan and the other one is Freddie."

"It was their club opening that I first saw you," Frank nodded.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. Brian made us go, said we were spending too much time in the studio. You were dancing on a table."

"I don't doubt it," I smiled.

"Ruby!"

My eyes nearly popped out of my head at the sound of my eldest sister, Louisa's voice.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I whispered.

Frank tried to hide his smile at my sudden panic but it didn't work so I lightly whacked him on the chest as my sister approached us.

"Hi Louisa," I smiled my fakest smile.

"Ruby," she tried to engulf me in a hug but my arms didn't leave my sides, "It's such a surprise to see you. I didn't think you'd make it."

I shrugged and moved closer to Frank, "We had a gap in our schedule."

"Oh, you must be..." Louisa trailed off and looked Frank up and down.

I had to bite my lip to stop my grin at the look on her face, "This is Frank, my boyfriend."

"Ruby's told me a lot about you," Frank smiled politely.

"I'm sure she has," Louisa smiled and grabbed the guy standing next to her by the arm, "This is Gordon, my fiance."

"Hi," I waved, feeling sorry for the guy who had to spend the rest of his life with my big sister.

We stood in awkward silence for a couple ofhours seconds.

"So Frank, what is it you do for a living?" Louisa asked.

"I play guitar in a band, My Chemical Romance."

I looked over at him and smiled, what I hoped was reassuringly, as he took my hand.

"How interesting," Gordon said, in a decidedly uninterested voice.

"So we're going to go," I pointed over my shoulder and turned to walk away.

"Oh Ruby?" Louisa called.

Frank and I turned back around to face her.

"The sober look suits you," she smiled sourly.

I blinked, not really knowing how to react, as Frank took me by the elbow and steered me back around in the direction we had been going.

"I guess this is where the fun begins," I mused as we took our seats for the ceremony.

comments = ♥