You Can Call Me Baby All the Time

warm and alive

I shifted around and attempted to fix my dress. I had abandoned Frank to go to the bathroom and I promised I wouldn't leave him alone for long. Finally having straightened my skirt and made sure there was no risk of boobs escaping I moved to open the door when I heard voices.

"So I see all Jack's kids made it?" a voice I didn't recognise asked.

The bathroom was one large room with two small, what could only be called glamourised toilet cubicles, leading off of it. I was currently standing in one, ear hovering close to the dark wood door.

"Yeah, even the drunk one," a voice I knew was Melina's replied.

"I heard she took off to San Diego or something and got straightened out."

Melina scoffed, "Yeah, she ran away to live with her big, recovering alcoholic, brother for a little while after her best friend was killed in a car crash she was involved in."

"Oh yeah, that Christian Baker guy, right? He was signed with Dolce and everything."

"Yeah, that's him. They always maintained that they were just good friends but you know they were totally screwing behind closed doors," Melina laughed.

"Who is that guy she brought with her?"

"I have no clue but Jack's pissed. Doesn't think some tattooed rocker is good enough for his precious little girl," Melina sighed.

I stood behind my door, hand on the handle, ready to go out there and defend myself and Frank. But I didn't.

What was the point?

Prove to my new step-mother and her friend that I wasn't who they thought I was? Prove that I didn't actually give a shit what they thought of me or the way I lived my life?

I sat down on the lid of the toilet and smiled to myself. I was going to leave this farce of a wedding, let's be honest with my dad's track record there would be a divorce within a year, go home to Jersey and my wonderful friends with my amazing boyfriend. I was going to live my life the way I wanted, I wasn't going to be dictated to by publicists and PR people or magazine editors.

At the end of the day the only person you have to answer to is yourself and if you can't look yourself in the mirror and be happy with the person staring back at you then something is clearly wrong with the way you live your life.

comments = ♥