Bring Me Happiness

14/25

The ground beneath her feet shook, like an earthquake that struck her heart as she heard a voice that boomed in the area like an echo. Ren raised her body, sustaining herself with her long arms that tried to grasp the sand that jumped into the air and in her eyes. She let out a painful scream and quickly, the tent that surrounded her collapsed into the ground.

“Sasuke!”

She felt arms wrap around her waist, as she covered her eyes, trying to wipe away the gains that flew inside her blue eyes as she was pulled out.

“Are you okay?” They asked.

“What was that?” Ren asked, confident that she was in good hands, but as she looked up, she was now facing a leaf shinobi.

”Let me go!” She screamed as her body rose up into the air, barely kicking the sand beneath her as the boy’s hands were firmly placed on her waist.

“Don’t worry I won’t hurt you!” The boy affirmed as his sky blue eyes averted back to where they once were.

“Sasuke! Give up!”

Ren opened her eyes as she tried her best on pushing herself out of his strong grasp, while her eyes slowly followed his gaze.

“Sasuke!” She shouted in an instant desperately, not knowing who she could trust anymore.

“Hm,” A smirk took over the Uchiha’s face as he stood in front of the two blondes, his eyes burned holes into the shinobi who held her, “Naruto…”

Suddenly, the ground shook again as Ren watched with widen eyes as the Uchiha summoned his dark chakra in his body to surround him entirely. The boy named Naruto, who held the Kage’s wife, began to sweat as he whispered something under his breath. And then, Sasuke dashed over to them both.

Naruto pushed down on his sandals into the sand as he glared ahead, trying to dodge the attack but as he managed to jump aside in time, he lost his grip of the girl, who immediately hit the ground with a loud thud.

“Shit..!” Naruto muttered, looking back towards her. The sand swished around the air, and the tiny grains of sand danced wildly. Ren crawled back to Sasuke, afraid of the Leaf Shinobi.

Sasuke leaned over towards her, but before he reached to carry her in his arms, he quickly released a flaming jutsu that swept Naruto off his feet.

“What the heck is going on!” Ren shouted towards Sasuke.

“Your husband wants you back….” Sasuke replied distracted in battle.

“Damn it!” Naruto yelled out as he leaped up in the air to attack Sasuke but quickly stopped in his tracks, “Stop using her as a shield!”

“Tell him to come out!” Ren growled, “Tell Gaara to come out right now!”

Sasuke glared towards Naruto, “I’ll propose a deal with you….Naruto”

Naruto stared down at him as he began to pant.

“I’ll hand over the Kagekage’s wife if you send my message with her as well….”Sasuke smirked, “If you don’t accept this offer, I will not hesitant to kill her in front of you!”

Sasuke placed Ren down, and she looked over him confused out of her mind. The Uchiha took his sword out and pressed it against Ren’s neck softly.

“- Alright!” Naruto shouted, “I’ll do it!”

Sasuke could not help but chuckle at his response. Sasuke knew that Naruto came over by himself, thinking he could achieve in getting Ren and Sasuke all at once.

“Listen very carefully,” Sasuke smirked, “If you change any of my words or leave out anything, I promise I will make you personally responsible when I come after Konaha….”

Naruto gulped, “Just say it already…”

“I suspected you would have betrayed the deal we made. However, it is hard for me to see you as a complete man right now. You gave me your word yet you went back on it. And as for your women…you weren’t man enough to get her back yourself. ” Sasuke announced.

“If I choose to hand her over back to you,” Sasuke pushed Ren off towards Naruto, “It is only because I have to prepare for war…You are no longer a wanted pawn in my game but if you do not go through with our deal then I will have no choice but to attack the Sand after I am done with Konaha….”

Naruto pulled Ren away from Sasuke, who was shock to hear him finish, “You will what?”

“Sabaku no Ren,” Sasuke spoke, “I wouldn’t count on us not seeing each other again…”

“What is that suppose to mean?” boomed a thick and firm voice.

“So you were here all along….Well, you can ask her, but I doubt she would say anything…” Sasuke smirked towards the voice behind Ren.

And before her eyes, the Uchiha disappeared without hesitation.

“Wait! Sasuke!” Naruto shouted to nothingness.

“Answer me!”

Ren’s head turned to face the voice.

“Why do you suddenly appear now?” She asked in disgust.

“What does the Uchiha scum mean by that? Huh?” Gaara asked with narrowed eyes.

“What does it matter to you? It shouldn’t matter to you at all, because if it did, you would’ve come and helped me!” Ren screamed at the Kazekage, “And not send someone to do it!”

“I’ve asked you a question!” Gaara glared.

“Well keep asking!” Ren shouted, “I’ll never tell you anything!”

And without warning, Ren fell hard on the sand. Her cheek burned and pulsed in pain from the Kagekage’s strength.

“Who do you think you're talking to?” Gaara scolded at his wife.

Ren felt the tears rush out her blue eyes, but in an instant, she lashed out towards him.

"Who are you!" She screamed from inner pain, "Who the hell do you think you are! Your nothing! Your nothing but a monster! A monster who can't do anything but hurt people! I hate you!"

"Sa-chi..." Gaara muttered dazed, "You-..."

"I hate you!" Ren screamed at the top of her lungs, "I hate you, Gaara!"