Bring Me Happiness

17/25

His pale face almost seemed to gleam in Ren's eyes as she studied his beautiful teal eyes that gazed down on her blue ones. His red hair reminded her of the blazing sun and his dark marks around his eyes made him look even more wonderful to her as he spoke those words, that she never imagine could leave his lips. Her eyes widen while she gulped as she continued to observe him in detail.

Suddenly, he moved in closer to her by stepping towards her with his face watching hers. His hand reached down to touch her face. Ren's heart began to pump, her eyes began to move everywhere in the room as her face became flustered, “G-Ga-Gaara-sama!”

His hand then, was gently placed on the top of her head with a small smirk planted on his face.

“I'll try my best from now on...”He vowed as he patted her head lightly, “I promise...”

Ren felt embarrassed, thinking that he would hold her in an embrace. She looked down trying to hide her shameful thoughts before shooting her face up to him,“You don't have to try so hard...”

Gaara looked at her surprised by her reaction and the tears that formed around her eyes that were unexpected as well.

Ren smiled softly from her foolish thoughts as she looked passed him, avoiding eye contact, “Your a real jerk, so it'll be really hard for you to make such promises...”

Gaara's unfaded smirk grew larger, “And your really annoying as always...”

“....Thank you...for wanting to try....” Ren whispered tearfully as she bowed to his kindness before regaining some distance; she quickly ran out the room afterwards.

Closing the door behind her, Ren touched her pulsing heart with a sigh of relief.

Why is my heart still beating?

She closed her eyes and swallowed down on her saliva, hoping that her heart would stop racing.

“Ren,” Gaara called out as he cracked the door open, only causing her to jump from fright.

“Ah!” Ren exclaimed, turning to face him, “You want to give me a heart attack!”

Her right hand was placed, clenching her beating heart while the other wiped away the tears that didn't want to leave her eyes.

“Oh, sorry....” Gaara simply stated dully and then he said it again with more consideration, “....sorry....”

Ren's eyes drifted up to him slowly as she studied his face expression, “What?”

“It seems I always make you cry..”He told her, “Although it is not my intention to. But it always seems to turn out like this, doesn't it?”

“What are you talking about?” Ren forced a laugh, “Th-this is – you see...”

Gaara stared at her intensely with his dull eyes as her blue ones scattered around the floor, trying to figure out what to say next.

“Gaara!” Kankuro shouted as he ran up towards them both, breaking the atmosphere around them, “Gaara, you have to hurry! The meeting is about to start!”

“I need to go and get some rest, excuse me...”Ren bowed her head before leaving to her room.

Reaching up to touch her head, she plunged herself onto the carpet floor. Her back leaned again the closed door of her room as she sighed with heavy tears that spilled out .

“What is this?” She asked herself while wiping them away, “Why am I crying like an idiot?”

...”I doubt I can ever love anyone besides her..”... .

“That's right...he only likes her...”Ren smiled bitterly before swallowing, “Then, why are you so cruel to make me feel like I have a chance?”

....”I promise I will treat you as my wife from now on..”... ..

“Why am I this pathetic?” Ren questioned herself with a long sigh, “Since when did I begin to even see you like this?”

“Stupid! Your so hateful! I hope you choke on this!” Ren complained as she brought up a tray of food to Gaara's office.

A small laugh escaped her lips, “Exactly when was it that I fell for you, Gaara?”

“..Anyone would be crazy to even think about marrying you but sadly I will be doing so…” Ren growled.

Ren shook her head in disapproval, “Really...what kind of person are you to make me like you without even knowing.... “

“Then I’m glad that we got this cleared up.” Gaara snarled as his burning cheek pulsed, “And you should learn to start acting like my women before I force you, don’t ever think that I will let you slide by for this..!”

“I guess...since your Sabaku no Gaara, afterall...” She replied to herself with a scoff before standing up and smirking, “Why do I even like you? I hope you are able to provide me with an answer someday....”

She stretched out her arms in the air before yawning, “I guess I better wash up since I wasn't able to....”

The steam began to rise as a grin appeared across her face.

“Seems nice!” She laughed as she began to unclothe herself. She removed her ornaments first, and then she took off her shoes, she then worked her way downwards until she was completely naked. Stepping into the hot warm of the wooden made tube, she smiled gently to herself, “Ooo! So warm and refreshing!”

She closed her eyes as she let herself soak inside for what had seemed like hours. Without noticing that she forgot to lock the door to her room and close the wide open door of her bathroom inside.

“Ren...” someone knocked at the weak closed door and suddenly, it cracked open by itself, “...Are you here?”

There was no answer. Ren's eyes opened up as she sat up, making a splashing sound, “Am I hearing things?”

Gaara proceeded and entered the room, wondering if it was Sasuke's doing; looking around, he saw the door open to her bathroom. His eyes widen as he quickly looked away.

“W-What do you think your doing?!” Ren screamed as she plunged herself further down, “You pervert! Get out! Get out!”

“I-I'm truly sorry!” He apologized before quickly walking out her room.

“Ahhhh!!!!” Ren screamed in embarrassment as she felt like dying.

After a short while, Ren met Gaara outside her room.

“W-What the heck is wrong with you?” Gaara asked annoyed, “You should have locked the door or at least replied when I was calling you!”

“How is it my fault? I didn't know you were a pervert!” Ren argued, now in a new set of a kimono. Gaara hid his face in shame as he looked away.

“Wh-What are you talking?” He asked flustered.

“Y-You shouldn't be going into people's room without permission!” Ren shouted as she clenched her body by wrapping her arms across her chest, “You jerk!”

“A-Ah, forget it! I was wondering if Sasuke had taken you again, that's the reason I entered your room!” Gaara growled back at her but then quickly looked away with a slight blush on he's face, “....it's not like I saw anything...”

“What!” Ren asked angry as she glared over at him. Smacking him on his shoulder she scolded her husband, “And you still have enough decency to tell me such a thing! You perverted jerk, you!”

“I already apologized for walking into you like that – can't we just forget it? ” Gaara asked still embarrassed himself.

“Tsk. Easy for you to say! You perverted jerk!” Ren cursed as she gesturally threatened him with her fist flying in the air, “Your just like any other guy!”

“The elders have come to talk to us...” Gaara informed her, ignoring her insulting comments, “They are waiting for us in my office...”

“The elders?” Ren asked confused, “Why?”

“Well if you come with me, we'll both find out, won't we?” Gaara asked annoyed.

“Tsk. Such a short temper...perverted jerk...” Ren pouted before she followed him to his office.

Chiyo looked around the room, studying every possible detail, “So....when do you plan on having a baby?”

“What!” Ren yelled shocked, “A b-ba-baby!?”

“Yes, when? I want to see them running around here already,” spoke the other elder.

“What is all this talk about?” Gaara asked sternly, “Why did you come today?”

“Why are you so shocked my child?” Chiyo asked, “Are you two sleeping together?”

“W-What?” Ren asked again, nearly having a heart attack, “Sleeping to-to-together?”

“Why, yes...don't tell me...you two are still sleeping in separate rooms even after you two married each other,” Chiyo tisked, “I mean, it isn't possible for a married couple...”

“W-Why should we sleep together?” Ren asked embarrassed, “I mean, we just got married afterall!”

“Why are you so flustered my child? It's not like we don't expect you two to see each other naked...” The old man explain.

“Na-Naked!” Ren asked with a red face.

“-I haven't!” Gaara proclaimed. An awkward silence came after. And then with a tone of embarrassment, he coughed, “Please explain your reason for this visit....”

Ren's mouth hung open, her red face stared him down after Gaara revealed his dirty little secret by his indirect confession.

“We just wanted to see how your marriage was going...”The old man responded with a slight chuckle, “It seems like it has processed...”

“W-What! You jerk!” Ren shouted at Gaara, finally reacting to his comment, “You said you didn't! You lair!”

“From now on, I expect you two to sleep in the same bed...” Chiyo sighed, “I will prepare a banquet for this week...you two are to attend. We will be celebrating your wife's birthday after all Kagekage-sama...”

Ren felt like her entire soul left her when she opened her mouth in shock.

“What nonsense are you demanding from us?” Gaara questioned.

“What? You two are already married, why not? Have kids while your young!” Laughed the other elder.

“Kids!” Ren managed to exclaim. Gaara's eyes looked over at her concerned she would faint.

“Please stop this already! We are not finding this joke amusing at all...”Gaara informed.

“We are not joking!” Chiyo frowned, “In fact, we will be staying for this week until the banquet, so I will see for myself that you two sleep in the same bed...”

“What!” Ren asked, almost falling over but Gaara held her in time.

“Be more careful!” He scolded in a whispering tone.

“You expect me to sleep with him!” She asked, ignoring him.

“How many times do you two want us to repeat ourselves?” The old man replied, “You two will be sleeping together from this day forth!”

“You must be crazy...”Ren whispered, still not able to accept the fact.

“If you two are this serious about the matter, then we will have no choice...” Gaara responded, “I will sleep with my wife tonight..”

“What!” Ren yelled feeling as her heart would jump off her body.

“I promised I would try my best from now on anyways....” Gaara replied innocently, “I am simply filling my promise to you..”

Ren's eyes widen.

“You are my wife after all...”