Bring Me Happiness

21/25

Distress had overwhelmed Ren. She could feel her heartbeat ring throughout her entire body. The sound of her pulse did not leave her ears. It rung so loud, she could feel the vibrations fog her thoughts into nothingness. Ren swallowed the lump in her throat. Ren felt enraged by the new information Sasuke bestowed upon her.

Ren felt used. She could feel her heart break and then build up again in anger.

Ren stood in the shadows, waiting to get past some guards that were guarding the volt. She managed to sneak out of the master bedroom where Gaara lied asleep.

“Do you know who Gaara loves?”

“It’s not you.”

Ren could not help but remember the words Sasuke spoke to her. The story of Shori from the sand. Ren understood now. Gaara could never love her. Gaara already loved someone else. Gaara loved the girl he killed.

There is no way I’m going to end up like that….

Ren watched as the guards yawned. Another pair of guards showed up to switch shifts for the rest of the day. They chatted about thier kids and the progress they have made in school. Ren saw this as an opportunity to quickly sneak by the guards.

This is crazy….

She was careful. She understood that she was no ninja and that they were trained professionals. Ren held her breath but stay relaxed so they wouldn’t be able to sense her tensed body. Ren was determined to go inside the volt and grab the scrolls Sasuke needed. As Ren got closer to the door, she closed her eyes and crouched down before sliding herself between the doors. Ren managed to sneak inside the volt without a reaction from the guards. Ren opened her eyes again once she was inside the volt.

Shit!

It was pitch dark. Ren stretched out her hands to feel the walls. She guarded herself to a stairway handle. She leaned against the rail as she carefully took the next step down. She was scared of both falling and getting caught. Ren felt her heart racing, pounding and pounding, increasing her breathe. Ren felt herself breathe heavier and heavier by the minute, so she swallowed she breathe and took a moment to close her eyes and took a deep breathe before she continued down the stairs.

Deep inside, she felt that what she was doing was wrong but she couldn’t help but feel angry. She couldn’t shake off the rage she had towards Gaara.

He never felt anything for me. He never will….

Ren saw a glimmer of light at what appeared to be the bottom of the stairs. When Ren finally reached the bottom, she saw dozens and dozens of book shelves filled with books, scrolls and other documents that seemed very important. Ren walked through the shelves, looking at the labels before stopping at “maps”.

Ren quickly grabbed the blue scrolls Sasuke had requested and hide them inside her kimono.

I don’t regret this….I don’t….

Ren quickly scanned the room to make sure that there was no one. Ren could feel the guilt start to quickly build up as she walked up the stairs again in pitch black.

He deserves the worst…He is a murder....Gaara can’t be trusted...He’s a monster...

Ren finally made it upstairs and lingered around the doors to make sure that the guards were not looking. But when she peeked out, she found no guards by the door. She quickly snuck back into the master bedroom, without paying notice to the empty bed, she rushed to the balcony, leading her up to the roof.

Sasuke stood there on the empty roof, as a tall figure with the moonlight gleaming over his face. The rest of his body looked like a dark shadow. His blueish black hair draped over his eyes, not enough to completely cover them but enough to give an erie vibe.

Ren felt her body freeze. Her hands started to clamp up in sweat and she couldn’t manage to make the next move.

This is crazy….

“Had over the scrolls..” Sasuke asked as he reached out his hand.

Ren tried swallowing her fear and managed to take one foot in front of the other before she stopped. Ren looked back.

She saw the gleaming lights from the village.

Am I betraying the whole village by doing this?

“I don’t like waiting...”Sasuke growled lowly. Ren looked back at him. She knew that if she gave him these scrolls, he would have knowledge of all the secret passages to enter the village.

Why does he want these scrolls...what is he going to do with them…

“You said that Gaara doesn’t care about me...” Ren stated, “That is because he is love with someone else...someone he killed”.

Sasuke took a step forward and Ren took a step back. Ren thought of her sister and remembered that she was left paralyzed. She wondered what would happen to her if she got caught giving Sasuke these scrolls.

Ren stared carefully at Sasuke. If she refused, there was no way, he would let her live.

Can I betray my village?....can I really betray Gaara?

Ren reached into her kimono and took out the scrolls. She felt her body go numb. Ren felt like she longer had control over her body. Ren’s arm moved so smoothly. She placed the scrolls in Sasuke’s hand without hesitation.

He’s a monster... they probably both are...

Sasuke smirked and then quickly vanished. Ren stood on the roof, speechless.

What did I do?