Bring Me Happiness

6/25

“Are you awake?” knocked someone at the door loudly.

“Mhhhmmm....” Ren growled as she turned her head across the thin sheets.

“Miss Ren, you're going to have to get ready,” spoke a servant accompanying Temari, “This is an important day for our people!”

“Hey Goldilocks!” Temari shouted as she hurled a pillow at her head, “Get up!”

“Hunnnnmm!” Ren groaned as she stretched her arms out to grab hold of the pillow before she snuggled her face into it.

“Seriously, wake up!” Temari braked, “Or I'll blow you out of bed!”

“Thirty more minutes!” Ren yawned. Temari frowned as she ordered her servant to pull the currents open which had Ren responding the same again, “Thirty minutes...”

“I don't have time for this!” Temari shouted as she flipped the bed sheets off Ren's body, “You have to start getting ready!”

Ren sat up with the most horrifying look of her face, “I just want to sleep more! That is all I'm asking for!”

“Agh!” Temari shouted aghast. Ren's pale face bagged dark circles around her visible red streaming vein eyes.

“Didn't you go to sleep early?” She asked concerned now, “Healthy people's faces don't look like that in the morning!”

“Ma'am, maybe we should let her sleep in for a little bit more. She might be sick and if she doesn't get a good rest then she will probably get worst...” suggested Temari's personal maid.

“Fine, do as you like Uma,” Temari shrugged, “But as soon as she wakes up, I want her dress and ready!”

Temari then left to finish her daily duties while she left her maid, Uma to take care of Ren. About an hour later, Ren yawned while rolling out of bed.

“Miss Ren! Are you feeling well?” Uma asked as she rushed to stop her from falling off. Ren tried opening her eyes but only managed to squeeze her eyes wide enough to let very little if any light through her vision.

“I have crust in my eyes, where is the bathroom?” Ren whined as if it were Uma's fault.

“Uh, It's right over there” She pointed out. Ren nodded and wobbled her way there.

“Now I must get you ready Miss!” Uma insisted after Ren finished showering, “You look much better now than you did an hour ago, you must not be a morning person...”

“I guess...” Ren shrugged as Uma pulled Ren's arms up, taking measurements and placing robe after robe over her, “Won't this be too hot? I mean, it's already hot outside because it's the sand village but won't all this make it worst for me?”

“Don't worry Miss,” Uma smiled as she tighten the slash around Ren's long and exaggerated luxe kimono, “You'll get used to it”

“Use to it?” Ren asked. Uma grinned as she began to work on Ren's hair, “What do you mean by that?”

“Well, if your going to be marrying the Kazekage-sama, then you'll be wearing these kinds of kimonos everyday!” She replied cheerfully, selecting what kind of hair pin would look good on her, “You're really lucky! Any girl would die to marry the young kage!”

“Yeah....” Ren responded as she stared out her transparent window wall, “I am pretty lucky...huh?”

“There! Aw, you look so precious!” Uma grinned as she patted Ren on her back. Ren stood up and walked towards the human length mirror in her room.

“Is that me?” She muttered to herself, “....what the heck am I doing...?”

“Come on Miss! We need you to meet with Lady Temari,” Uma rushed as she pulled her away, “She must be pulling everyone's eyes out by now, she isn't the most patient person!”

“But, actually-! Is there anyway I can get a thin silk fabric to cover my face?” Ren asked quickly.

“To cover your face? But you look pretty! Do you not like the way I placed your hair?” Uma asked hurt.

“I mean, I know I have twelve layers on my body right now but I get sun burns easily and well, they hurt...” Ren complained.

“I see, then I will find one that matches your dress, meanwhile, please go to the Kazekage-sama's office, Lady Temari is waiting for you!” Uma bowed before she began her search in the perfect layer for her face.

“Did you wait too long?” Ren asked before she peeked her head inside.

“I don't know, do you consider four to five hours long?” Temari said annoyed.

“Sorry,” Ren laughed nervously, “The women that helped me said you wanted to see me?”

”My maid, Uma, yes!” Temari answered, “Well, you look great! I didn't think you would look that good in the twelve layered kimono but you look almost natural in it...almost...”

“Thanks,” Ren smiled shyly, “And the Kazekage-sama?”

“Oh, he's getting ready still. All morning, while you were sleeping, he had been working until I finally convinced him to stop...” Temari stated, “Anyways, I wanted to lay things out for you....since you aren't from a high-class family or anything...”

Temari noted for Ren to sit down next to her on the couch where she sat.

“What things?” She inquired. Temari nodded as she took one long look at Ren; studying her.

“I knew it. So you are from a mid-class family?” She asked.

“Yes well, I lived a very comfortable life though, and we have a cook and a maid to care for us...” Ren responded hoping she didn't sound too poor.

“Okay, so look. There are things that will change in your life once you get married. And this isn't a sisterly lecture, it's more of an...uh, warning, I suppose.” Temari began, “Anyone girl who marries a Kage has to live a very limited life. And you have to be use to living very public rather than private..”

“I don't think I understand...”Ren told her future sister-in-law.

“Actually, I was born with this kind of luxury but it has never gone to my head. And even if I feel limited, I can't bare to imagine how the bride of the Kazekage must have felt...how much pain she had to endure....and how lonely it must have felt and I wonder if it were to have felt good to die so suddenly?” Temari drifted of as her gaze had channeled away from Ren and was now looking a picture on the wall.

Ren followed Temari's gaze at the portrait.

“Is it a mistake to get married?” Ren asked suddenly. Temari looked at her puzzled, “If your marrying without love?”

Temari stood silent as she focused her glanced at the young girl, it had never crossed her mind that maybe Ren didn't want to get married and go through with it.

“Temari, come on!” Kankuro spoke abruptly as he walked in, “It's time!”

“What? All ready!” Temari stood up alarmed.

“You have to stay in the hall and wait until you hear your announcement,” Kankuro instructed to Ren.

She nodded and followed them up to where the event was being reported from; the rooftop.

“Ladies and gentlemen! Today will be signify a day of great important to not only to our people but to our Kazekage most of all!” proclaimed the elder as the two sibling walked in and stood beside the two older siblings.

Ren clenched her fingers into her robe as she heard her heart pounding faster and faster and as she was beginning to think it would exploded, it had stopped abruptly along with her breath as the Kazekage stepped forward.

“I gather everyone here today to make an announcement,” Gaara began as he stepped forward with his blue Kage gown, “I.....”

“Oh My gosh! I can't do this! ” Ren whispered herself, shutting her eyes tight, hoping that she would appear home again.

“I am going to be forming an alliance....an alliance that will be taking place tomorrow night....” He continued. Ren couldn't stop herself from hyperventilating as Gaara's words echoed throughout her mind.

“Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man and woman...and so today, I am announcing my engagement with Miss Ren Hisaya...” He finally declared.

“I can't do this after all!” Ren cringed crying, while her legs gave out and she clinched onto the wall, “I can't marry him!”

The crowd cheered and clapped, awaiting for the appearance of his bride that didn't show up. Gaara's face became tensed as he glanced back at the door.

“Where is she!” demanded Chiyo hushly to Kankuro and Temari, “Why isn't she coming out!”

“Ren..!” Gaara called out with his deep voice. The crowd stood quiet as they watched their Kazekage walk towards the door.

“I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have come in the first place! This was a mistake!” Ren sobbed quietly on the floor as she looked up to Gaara's empty eyes.

“Marriage is an alliance....” Gaara whispered as he extended his hand out to her, “After I win the love from the villagers then I won't be needing you anymore....Ren Hisaya.”

Ren's tears gushed out uncontrollably. She clenched her stomach as she felt as her heart slowly get ripped out of her body only to be sliced into pieces before it was thrown away.

“You had a reason coming here. An alliance involves a comprise from both parties...” Gaara added as he looked to see Uma walking to Ren.

“Miss Ren, are you feeling well?” she asked as she kneeled down beside her.

“She's fine.” Gaara told her as he took the silk from her hand and dropped it down to Ren's head before he yanked her outside.

The crowd applauded and fist pumped the appearance of his fiance.

“Ren Hisaya, are you willing to form this alliance with me?” Gaara asked loudly as he brought her right hand up.

“I marry you and you will give my sister the treatment she needs for her disease...” Ren whispered as the tears fell from her soft blue eyes.

Gaara said nothing but pulled her body closer to him.

“And you will remain my wife until I say otherwise...” Gaara muttered into her ear.

“I accept this alliance!” Ren proclaimed.