Bring Me Happiness

9/25

Trying to clear her fogged up mind, Ren closed her eyes. And quickly an image rushed towards her head.

"I now pronounce you, Sabaku no Gaara as Kazekage!" The two elders said in union.

“Monster! Murder! We cannot let this thing become Kazekage!" Voices screamed among huge the crowd. Ren's body trembled as she stared wide eyed at the tailed beast.

Soon a riot broke out.

"He's going to kill us!" Screamed a Ren in tears as she quickly made her way out from the crowd and ran back home.


Tears streamed down her pale face as she brought her knees closer to her chest. She sat in her empty room, sobbing quietly.

"Ren..."

Her body jolted; as she flashed her eyes open again.

"May I come in...?" asked the voice from behind the door.

Ren's nails dug on the covers on her sides. She didn't answer, hoping that she was thought of being asleep. But the door cracked open, and Gaara revealed himself. He walked up to her bed consciously.

Ren bowed her head low, and refused to raise it.

"I..." Gaara spoke as he looked out her window, trying to find the right words.

"I'm... I'm sorry I lost my temper..." He mumbled.

Ren scoffed, sat quietly for a minute and then replied, rising her head to stare down on him.

"Why don't you try looking at me when you say that?"

"I can't..." He admitted as he quickly glanced at her and then broke his gaze from her.

"I'm not a ninja...." Ren spoke as she unclenched the sheets, "I'm not a ninja like you..."

Gaara stared at her but said nothing.

"Therefore, I can't protect myself...and the truth is....you scare me…" Ren whispered.

Gaara's hand turned into fist as he held back his tongue.

"Stay afraid." He simply stated, "That way, you won't get hurt...”

Ren looked up, at the sound of his sad voice.

"I'm sorry I lost my temper..." He mumbled again before he left, "I'll leave now..."

Listening to the door close, Ren dug her face back onto her lap.

“Gaara-sama, please wait!” she called out before she jumped off her bed and ran after him.

She managed to stop him at his tracks, but he didn’t bother to turn around. She huffed and puffed; out of breath.

“I don’t understand!” She shouted at him as she tried to steady her breaths. Gaara didn’t move; not even a muscle, “You-…You act a certain way and then you’re acting like someone completely different, I don’t understand you at all!”

“You shouldn’t be concerning yourself with those kinds of things,” Gaara managed to brush her off as he continued to walk, “It has nothing to do with you…”

“It does concern me! It has everything to do with me!” Ren insisted as she walked further down and was now behind him, “I’m marrying you!”

“I thought we had established that this marriage is only a business deal between two Sand Villagers,” Gaara spoke as he finally turned around to face her, “I give your sister all the medical help she needs to get better and you marry me until I say so…”

“That doesn’t justify the way you treat me!” Ren snapped, “If you dare lay another finger on me again then I swear I will-”

“You will do what? Tell the entire village that our marriage is fake? Will you tell someone about what had happened today?” Gaara taunted cruelly, “You’re more of a criminal then I am! If you tell anyone then I can easily send you to jail for impersonation of marriage…”

“I’m not the one who is impersonating marriage, you are!” Ren hissed as she brought her fists from her sides to her stomach level.

“So. What?” Gaara simply asked, “Are you not agreeing to this marriage? If you don’t marry me then how will you be able to help your hopeless sister?”

At that instance, Ren slapped Gaara across the face so fast that his ultimate shield was slow on blocking.

“You don’t fucking mention my sister!” She growled, “I understand now perfectly, you are an evil and cruel man! And anyone would be crazy to even think about marrying you but sadly I will be doing so…”

“Then I’m glad that we got this cleared up.” Gaara snarled as his burning cheek pulsed, “And you should learn to start acting like my women before I force you, don’t ever think that I will let you slide by for this..!”

The following day came and Ren barely got any sleep. She was dressed in a white, long, flowery Kimono that sparkled in the burning sun that striked every single pore of her face. Her lips were tinted a cherry pink that brought forth her plump curves, her powered cheeks were stained in blooming roses, and her long gold hair was pinned on to the side with chopsticks that contained a dangling flower from it.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife!”

The effortless words that she had once craved were now the words she had dreaded. The moment that she longed for; the precious scene of her happily ever after, which she had yearned and waited for, was nothing more but the beginning of her nightmare.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, the action should now be picking up from now on :D