Status: Slow updates

Love Is Blind

Chapter 4

After my mother went downstairs, I sensed an awkward moment was approaching. Trying to avoid it, I asked Jace, “Do you want to see some of the artwork I did last year?”

“Alright. You don’t suck do you?”

“I don’t think so, unless getting first place at an art show is sucking?”

He just shook his head and followed me to my room. My favorite pieces hung in various points around my room.

Jace walked slowly around my room, paying careful attention to my art.

I sat down on my bed waiting for Jace. When he was finished looking he came over and sat next to me.

“You’re a really good artist.”

“Thanks,” I blushed and looked down at my lap. I happened to glance at the time. It was almost time for school to get out. My friends would be over soon and I wanted them to meet Jace.

I was still looking at my lap, thinking of a way to get him to stay when he turned me to face him, “Alex was lucky.” I must have looked confused because he added, “He had you. I should get going. Thanks for the tour. You have a really nice house.”

I walked Jace downstairs to the front door, “It was nice to meet you, Jace. Thank you for today. I needed it.”

He smiled, “It’s alright. So, I’ll see you at school tomorrow?”

I nodded, “Yeah. How are you getting there? Is Dad giving you a ride?”

“I don’t know. He said something about driving Alex’s car, if it was okay with you?”

I looked up, “Yeah, you can drive his car. Someone should get some use out of it. It’s still basically brand new. It’s only a 2009.”

“What do you mean only? To me, 2009 is brand new,” he said, putting extra emphasis on the words only and is.

I giggled, “I have a 2010.”

Jace just looked at me. He finally said, “You are a spoiled brat,” before he walked away.

I just shook my head before walking back inside. Just as quickly as I had walked in, I was back outside, “Jace!” I called after him, jogging across the lawn, “I forgot to ask, do you have a phone?”

“Yeah, who doesn’t have one?” he said, talking his phone out of his pocket, “What’s your number?”

“815-439-7309,” I said as he typed it into his phone. A few seconds later my phone vibrated. I had a new text.

“And now you have mine,” Jace told me.

I opened the message from Jace.

From: 735-481-1542 (3:12 pm)
Can I kiss you?

I was speechless, but words came out of my lips none-the-less, “You’re asking?”

Jace nodded and blushed, “I wouldn’t normally, but um...yeah.”

I knew why and other than the fact that they looked exactly alike, I had almost forgotten. My brain told me I shouldn’t do it; and yet, I found myself stepping closer.

“Is that a yes?”

I nodded and a light blush colored my cheeks.

Cupping my cheek, he tilted my chip up, softly kissing me. He stepped back, redder than before, “It was nice meeting you, Abbie.”

I turned around, beginning the walk back to my house as Jace disappeared through the door.

My phone vibrated again.

From: Jace (3:15 pm)
You’re really cute when you blush.

From: Abbie (3:16 pm)
You’re just cute in general.
;)

From: Jace (3:17 pm)
Are you doing anything later?

From: Abbie (3:18 pm)
No. Why?

From: Jace (3:19 pm)
Could you show me how to get to the school?
And maybe the town?
Please?

From: Abbie (3:20 pm)
Sure.
I’ll call you.
Say 7-ish?

From: Jace (3:21 pm)
Sounds good.

School had been out for about six minutes. My friends were due to arrive at any time.

Upon arriving back in my room, I heard the slam of a car door. I figured it was Hailey because she can never obey the speed limit.

While waiting for my best friend, my mind drifted back to the boy next door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Subscribe