Shipping Up to Boston

Two .

I woke up confused and hungry. Where was I and what was all that screaming?

I sighed and remembered: I'm adopted. Still, that didn't explain the yelling. Who was screaming this early in the morning? Rubbing the crust out of my eyes, I rolled over and looked at the clock.

"11:04am" the neon red digits hurt my blue eyes from their brightness. I had never slept this late in my [i[life.

I ignored the freezing cold hardwood floor and rolled out of bed, walking over to the (ew) pink curtain. Pulling it aside, I looked next door to try to find the yelling.

A boy ran around in the backyard, followed by a little girl about four or five. She was giggling and screaming as she chased the boy. Eventually, laughing, both of them collapsed into the giant raked leaf pile.

"Braeden!" yelled a familar voice, which I figured must have been Morgan. The boy next door looked over at the house and stood up. Sure enough, the skinny plaitnum blond stood at our front door gesturing over towards the boy.

As Braeden ran over, I noticed he looked close to my age (14). I wanted to meet him, so I skipped down the stairs two at a time, grabbed a muffin off the table, and walked to the door, almost knocking over Lucie who was trying to go back upstairs.

"What's your issue?" she asked.

"Look...out....the front....door." I was out of breath from all my running around.

Lucie looked and laughed at me. "You told me you don't fall in love."

"Who ever said anything about love?"

She shrugged and ran upstairs. I nodded towards the front door.

"Morgan," I smiled sweetly, faking it. "who is that adorable little boy?"

"Hi, uh, um, I'm, uh...." Braeden paused. "I'm sorry, you're just really pretty. I'm Braeden."

I guess I had made a good first impression, although a t-shirt, sweatpants, and a messy bun was definitely not how I had thought Braeden would want to remember me. I laughed. "Aw, thanks, kid. I'm Tessie."

"Please tell me you're fourteen...I can't imagine falling in love for someone older than me..." he sighed.

"I'm actually thirteen...but my birthday's next week."

"Good enough for me." he smiled.

It was just then I noticed Morgan. Even though there were frost on the cars, it must have bee a hundred degrees in Morgan-Land. She was wearing a skin-tight green tank top and white shorts. She was smiling.

Braeden was in fact, "adorable". He had green eyes and brown Justin Bieber-like hair. He was average height, a little taller than me, and skinny. "Why don't go get dressed, Tessie, and I'll wait here, and I'll show you around."

I glanced at Morgan, almost waiting for her permisson. She nodded, and I dashed up to my room to get ready.

This would be a good day.