Afterlife

Past

More sand covered Kiya's footsteps as she continued her way. Her whole body resembled a walking corpse. She couldn't utter a word as her parched lips refused to move. The Gods have cursed me. She thought in absolute bitterness. Ra has spoken, I am to die in this horrid state. Her pitch black eyes desperately looked for any signs of living things, but her eyes only met sand dunes and endless paths of death. Nut, the night Goddess protected her, Kiya was always grateful to Nut. Thirst clawed her throat inside out and she could do nothing to ease the pain.

Her eyes darted to the horizon in sudden alarm. Ra! She spat in her mind and started to run. The sun's glare pursued her shadow as she raced through the sand dunes. Ra, creator of all that lives! Spare my soulless body! Have mercy and those who were cursed! She repeatedly pleaded in her mind as the light caught up to her. Her legs were greeted by the sun who mercilessly burned her exposed flesh. The golden chains that hung around her neck reflected as much light as it could, but it wasn't enough. Kiya stood up and pulled her cape above her head. Have mercy on a helpless soul! She screamed in her mind, her lips still refusing to move until blood quenched her insidious desire.

Voices were heard from afar. Kiya could no longer hide from the sun, no matter how much clothing she wore, Ra was determined to burn her. Her lips parted from each other and a blood curdling scream resonated from them. The agony that engulfed her body was enough to drive any human mad. The voices came closer and hands clasped around her arms. Kiya flinched and flailed from their grasp, but Ra had weakened her, her thirst had sucked her energy dry. She was helpless.

She couldn't make out what the voices said, she could only smell the delicious blood that freely flowed in their veins. The constant heart beat drove her insane. She felt something thick and heavy fall upon her. Ra's glare was suddenly vanished and she was liberated from pain. She blinked various times as her nostrils burned with the sweet scent of blood.

"We found another one!" A man bellowed in utter fury. Footsteps approached Kiya as she curled up helplessly.

"Burn her!"

"Expose her!"

"Bury her alive!"

The heavy cloth that protected Kiya from Ra was snatched away from her. She wailed in despair as the sun burned her flesh. Her lips curled back and exposed two long fangs. The men around her backed away in terror, but one man stood his ground. "Do not worry my fellow friends! She is weak under the eye of Ra! He'll protect us from Seth's follower." His voice boomed across the clearing and the men approached Kiya. She panicked. That's what I am? Not only a monster, but Seth's follower! Her mind was filled with disbelief.

"And now, for her punishment..." The crowd started to scream different punishments until the broad man silenced them. Kiya was getting weaker by the second as the sun sucked her lifeless. "What is your name, beast?" He hissed at Kiya who failed at glaring at the man.

Her lips still refused to open, but seeing that the situation was life or death, she forced herself to speak. "Kiya" Her scratchy voice merely whispered and the man smirked.

"Very well Kiya, enjoy your life in the afterlife! That is, if you even get there." Snickers followed his comment as Kiya squirmed under the sun. It was too much, too much sun, she was now I'm dying! she thought horror striken.

A man approached her and stuffed her in a bag. She screamed again but this time laugher replaced her screams. Relief engulfed her when her pale skin was protected from Ra's glare, though, she didn't what was going to happen to her. Her thirst returned and she felt weaker than ever, she couldn't move at all.

She was pulled out the bag and placed on a table, the men around her kept her still as a man wrapped linen cloth around her. Mummified.... the horrible thought struck her like an arrow, but she was to weak to even blink. More cloth was wrapped around her, until she could see no more. Breathing wasn't necessary, but she felt claustrophobia crawl into her.

Oh Hathor, Goddess of love! Please, show these men the meaning of mercy and save my soul from this horrid destiny! Her mind was starting to shut down. They were dragging her away into her dark tomb. She was then dumped into an empty sarcophagus of stone, hoping that would end her life, her unholy life.

She knew no more from that moment on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ra: He was the sun god. He was the most important god of the ancient Egyptians.
The ancient Egyptians believed that Ra was swallowed every night by the sky goddess Nut, and was reborn every morning.

Hathor: Hathor was a protective goddess. She was also the goddess of love and joy.

Seth: Seth was the god of chaos.
Seth represented everything that threatened harmony in Egypt.

Opinions?