Afterlife

Glass-cased woman

William walked forward. He couldn't begin to believe what he was seeing. The person that lay before his eyes looked very much alive. How is it that she is a mummy on display? He could simply not believe it. It was like Jonathan just told him he got man-pregnant.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" The ugly woman howled in sudden happiness. "Meet Emu!"

Sudden flashes of lights followed after her announcement. People blocked William's view, causing fury to rise within him. He shoved away all the pests and found himself face to face with Emu. The center of attraction. Pity she's already dead... he sneered in his mind and examined her head to toes. Her garments were somewhat bizarre in William's opinion. Golden beads decorated her long midnight-black hair. Make-up covered her closed eyes, giving her a feminine touch. Her skirt exposed her left leg making William stir with unease. Her face was ordinary, to say the least. Her hair was tangled and somewhat braided. A golden necklace hung around her neck, it had the shape of an eye.

Will stared at the female with more interest than he had intended. He could not make out why she was so attractive. After past experiences, this woman didn't have an ounce of beauty in her. Yet, she seemed to draw William closer. She's dead, you demented asshole. He scolded himself, but his eyes refused to look away from her face.

The silent crowd that stared at Emu in awe. William dared not look away from the glass-cased female that lay before him. How could he? Her features were somewhat exotic, making him more curious than needed. A sudden thought struck him, making hope rise within him. Maybe she's like me! Of course, that would explain everything... He mentally kicked himself and glared at the glass-cased woman.

Glancing at his right, there was a fake wall. It had people painted on it, if not, creatures that seemed to be drinking blood. His eyes traveled throughout the whole wall, examining every inch he could. In the end, he understood nothing. Of course, seeing that he had no knowledge regarding hieroglyphs.

The over-weighed man rushed into the dim lit room. He seemed rather thrilled about something. Stupid humans was all William thought. The man whispered something to the ugly woman who beamed at the message. Clearing her throat she seemed to catch everyones attention, including Will's.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! We just found a rather intriguing discovery. Emu's real name is actually Kiya!" Everyone seemed thrilled with that small piece of information. William nodded in a pleased way. He glanced back at the glass-cased woman and approached her once again. His eyes were nailed to hers, unable to look away.

"Kiya..." He mumbled in a soft voice and gave the corpse a half smile.

"Okay people! It has been great having you, but I'm sad to announce that the museum is now closing!" The fat man bellowed and everyone groaned in protest, yet they did as told. William, as considered, refused to move. He was too entranced by Kiya that mere human orders meant nothing. It wasn't only him that refused to leave, but another teenage girl stared at Kiya in awe.

But, as good things go, everything has a down-fall. The teenage girl let out a horrified scream and her finger accusingly pointed at the glass-cased woman. "She moved!" Her scream filled the room, which followed with hard laughter. William glanced back at Kiya with curiosity, then he saw it.

"She is moving." His voice raised above the others, causing them to shut up and glance at Kiya. She was moving.

Kiya kept walking, her pace always the same. She always hoped that, somehow, she would find a trail or something that would guide her away from the smothering darkness. She would always replay a scene in her head. Ra was burning her while hordes of men decided her fate.

Is this my Afterlife?

The Duat which many have spoken of?

Am I forever cursed to this land of emptiness?


Her questions seemed to echo through her empty mind that didn't want to be there anymore. The darkness seemed to make her soul cripple slowly. At first, darkness was the only thing that protected Kiya from dying. The only friend she had, her shadow. Now, darkness had back stabbed her and taken the side of the Gods.

Traitor.

She would always keep walking, hoping to find something, hoping to hear someone. Little did she know, that after thousands years her grand wish was going to become true. After walking for hundreds of years, finally someone will utter her name. Finally, someone will come to rescue Kiya from her cursed slumber.

Finally, after hundreds of years alone, someone gave her the key to freedom and reality.

But, is she ready for it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm... Drama, I can taste it.

Opinions? Comments? I would highly appreciate them. Seeing that this is an unusual story. :]