Status: On hold x

Two steps forward, one step back.

A little 'chat'.

"What do you want Phillip?" Flinching at the use of his full name his determined eyes stared right into mine.

"I want to say I'm sorry, also I want to say that I'm going to be breaking up with Hope. As much as I like her I hate whats shes doing and it's obvious she doesn't like me."

"Great. You know that doesn't mean things between us are going to go back to how they used to be don't you? I mean, the fact we couldn't stay friends because of something as stupid as your girlfriend just shows that our relationship wasn't a very good one." His shoulders visably slumped as I said this. Although I knew it was true I was half hoping he would argue how we could be stronger, how we learn from our mistakes. But Phil never was the best with his words.

"Sapphire please. Maybe we won't be as great together as before but at least let us be friends. I miss you."

"I miss you too. However, I don't think we should talk until Hope is gone, if you actually plan on doing that because it hurts me whenever I see you two together. So please just... not until then." Turning I took my first step away from him but once again he stopped me in my tracks.

"It was Hope's friend that wrote that letter, Lizzie I think. She got hold of your english book and spent days trying to forge your writing. Danny wasn't in on it either. Hope and Katelyn turned the group against him by saying he had been bitching about them with you. Theres two different notes, one convincing your group and one convincing Hopes." I noticed how Phil put himself into neither groups and I wondered if he actuallly was coming back to uis. A small smile found its way to the corner of my lips as I gave him a swift hug.

"Thank you Phil. But the table doesn't believe me. Now I'm going home. Lets just hope you keep to your word yeah?"

Then I was actually able to get away without him calling me back.

Since Reed gave me a lift to school this morning I was pretty much stuck for getting home. You see, he wasn't at the table today since he ditched after break. Ollie had asked him to help with th eband practice that day since tonight they were playing at the school. The concert had been postponed quite a few times now since the headteacher thought that the behaviour wasn't up to standards for such a treat. The real truth was that he couldn't afford to hire a stage or anything like that. You see our school doesn't have a built in stage like so many other schools, but this year apparently they're meant to be building a whole preformance room. Yeah right! As if that would ever happen.

"Hi Reed. Is there any chance you could pick me up?" I asked after ringing him.

"Why? It isn't the end of school yet." Rolling my eyes at the obvious statement I explained what had happened.

"Ahh I see. Yeah I'll be on my way. We're heading over now anyway since we need to set the hall up ready for tonights show. You can help if you want."

"Yeah sure I don't mind."

"Okay. I love you babe. I'll be there in a bout thirty minutes so meet us in the parking area."

"Will do. Love you." Hanging up I went to wait under a tree that looked out at the whole parking lot. Just as I sat down a drop of rain fell from the sky. Sighing I looked up and noticed the dark purple clouds which were quickly making their way towards the school. I was torn with the descion of waiting outside or going into the school. I mean, at the moment it was only spitting but if it got worse...

Nah I'll wait outside. I mean whats the worst it can do?

It was pretty lonely just on my own but it gave me a chanceto think. Something I haven't been doing too much of lately. I thought about how I was going to find my real dad, about how I was going to sort things out with Hope and what I was going to do about my friends. The only person who believe me in the slightest was Shane. And he was still just as unconvinced as the rest.

I never came up with anything good to find my dad in the end. In fact most ideas were ridiculous. I mean, 'I thought about searching the libary but thats what happens in every story. And honestly, what are the odds that a book about my real dad is just going to be sitting there for me to find. I can tell you he can't be that famous, thats if he's famous at all!

Another idea was to head down to the police station and see if they could find out where he is for me. But then the idea is ridiculous in itself. Why would the Police help when they are most likely very busy doing shit all right now. Asking them could get me charged for 'wasting police time'. Doubt they would be much help anyway. They never are able to solve things. They couldn't even keep an abusive man locked away for gods sake! Reed was the reason they found him again. If he hadn't have knocked him out I doubt the cops could have caught him.

My final idea was something worth considering. I could put outan aricle in a newspaper. That way if he saw it he could respond and may want to meet me.

As much as I want to meet him however I can't seem to shake the feeling that I'm just setting myself up for dissointment. My mom described him as the most wonderful man you could meet, he was charming, handsome, well thats what I got from the way she wrote about him. She left him though, that can change a person. Right now he might be a miserable man with two kids that he couldn't give two tosses about while all his money went on booze, not his poor neglected wife. Usually I'm optimistic, when it comes to things like this though I can't help but set myself up for the dissopinment thats surely heading my way."

"Sapphire! Over here!" Gregor shouted to me waving frantically. Reed was already round the back of the van grabbing out parts to a drum kit with everyone but Gregor helping him. Running over I hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek before asking what they needed help with.

"Well Reed, Ollie and Joe have the drum kit sorted. Could you possibly take the wires and mic's and stuff like that. Myself, Daniel and James will get the rest." Smiling widely he headed towards the back of the van andpassed me some of the wires before grabbing something himself.

I was just about to go drop them off when I noticed Daniel and James on top of the van dong some fucked up rain dance. Stiffling a laugh I shook my head and headed away (whoa, head and headed. Fun times!) to dump the wires with the rest of their crap.

Arms found their way around my waste as I looked around the hall and warm breath was tickling my ear.

"I missed you." He breathe making tingles spread through me.

"I missed you too. Everyones pissed off with me." I stated twisting in his ams before attacking his lips with my own.

"Why?" Reed managed to ask as he was getting his breath back.

"I'll explain later, now behave! We have to go help out!" Gigglign I pushed him away as he tried kissing my neck again which was what I told him off for to begin with.

"Sorry, come on. You know tonight will be amazing. I have a feelng something great is going to happen." A knowing smile spread itself across his face, reaching his eyes.

He was up to something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this wasn't taht good. it was fillerish x