Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy 13

I decided to take a lazy day and relax around the house. I was laying on the couch in my pajama pants and a bra watching House. Mom went grocery shopping and Frank was hanging out with the guys. I don’t know where anyone else is. Hmmm…

I looked at the clock to see that it was almost five. That’s weird. Ali was supposed to call me at four. Maybe she got caught up with Craig. Or is doing chores. You know, I’m going to see for myself.

I stood up and grabbed my phone before calling Ali.

“Hey! You’ve reached me. I can’t answer the phone right now so just leave your name and number and the reason you’re calling. I’ll try to get back to you. Unless I’m busy. Then I won’t. Bye!” I hung up my phone and confusion washed over me. What the fuck’s going on?

I laid back down on the couch and continued watching my show when my phone rang. I looked at the caller to see that it was Max. I answered, “Yessums?”

“Che-Chelsea?” I heard him ask.

“Yeah, Max. It’s Chelsea. What is it?” I asked.

He sounded as if he was having difficulty breathing. “I fucked up, Chels. I fucked up so bad. The guys are going to kill me,” he replied shakily.

“What happened, Max?” I asked. He was starting to worry me, “What did you do?”

His breathing was shaking and he started reminding me of Ronnie. “I didn’t mean to do it, Chels. I just wanted my coke. She took my coke and now she’s not moving. Oh god I‘m dead, Chels. I’m fucking dead,” he replied, his breathing getting worse.

“Who took your drink?” I asked.

“Not that coke! Coke! As in snorted up the nose with a rolled-up dollar bill coke!” he yelled.

My eyes widened as big as saucers. “Max Green what the fuck did you do?” I asked sternly, realizing he’s high.

His breathing was shaky. “Ali took my coke and now she’s not moving. I don’t remember what I did to her either, Chelsea,” he replied, “I’m scared.”

I could just see him at their house, rocking back in forth on the floor. “Fuck. Is anyone else there?” I asked.

“No,” he replied sounding like he was close to crying.

I started up the stairs towards my room. “Alright. Listen very carefully. I’m on my way over. I’m going to take Ali to the hospital. But before I leave, I want you to gather up every single illicit drug you have and flush it. And I’ll be making sure you gather it all. After I get Ali checked in, I’m driving you to rehab. Do you understand me?” I explained as I reached my room.

I heard a sniffle. “Yes, Chelsea.”

I threw a shirt and a pair of flip-flops on. “Good. I’ll be over there in five minutes.”

“Okay. Hey Chelsea?”

“Yes, Max?” I walked down the stairs and grabbed my keys.

“I love you.”

I stopped with my hand in mid-air. “You’re high.”

“So? I still love you.”

I sighed and left my mom a note. “Not now, Max. Okay?”

“I miss you.”

“You see me everyday.”

“But you’re with that German.”

“You still see me, Max. And his name's Tom.”

“I miss you being mine.”

I sighed. “Max, don’t start this. You’re high.”

“I know I am! But I was a dumbass for breaking up with you.”

“I’ll be there in five minutes.”

“I love you.”

“Bye Max.”

I heard a sigh. “Bye. Chels.”

“I’ll be there in a mo-” I heard the dial tone. “Okay then.” I pocketed my phone and left the note on the counter before leaving the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is WAY overdue. But there's been a lot of stuff going on and I kinda lost inspiration. But here's a little something for you guys.