Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy 23

Grrrr. Homework sucks. Seriously. And on a Friday, too. Eh, if I get it done now, I don’t have to worry about it later.

I sat on my bed working on my Pre-Cal homework from earlier. Where was the smart people when you need them?! Honestly. I am so confused.

I threw my pencil down on my book before picking up my phone and calling Bill.

“Heeeellllllloooooo?” he answered after two rings.

“Meckie! I need Pre-Cal help. Please,” I told him.

“I’m in Trig, Chels. Or I’d help,” he said.

“Shit,” I said before pouting, “I’m confused.”

“Tom’s in Pre-Cal. Do you want me to give him the phone?”

“Please! I will love you forever and give you gummy bears.”

“Gummy bears?” he asked, “Regular or sour?”

“Whichever kind you want.”

“Deal. So, on a scale from one to ten, how confused are you?”

“Twenty-six and a half.”

“Damn.”

“I know, right?! It’s confusing and I’m so lost and confused!”

“I’m sorry. Here, let me get--WHOA!”

I heard a door slam and a “BILL!” before asking, “What was that about?!”

“Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god I’m going to need new eyes. Ewwww!”

“What was it?!”

He was quiet before asking, “When was the last time you and Tom did anything?”

I sat there confused before it hit me. “Was he…”

“Oh yeah. So awful.”

“Awwwww. Poor Tomi.”

“WHAT ABOUT ME?! I SAW IT!”

“Poor Meckie.”

“Good,” he said before I heard Tom in the background ask, “WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT?!”

“You have a confused girlfriend on the line. Help her. AND LEARN TO LOCK THE DOOR!”

I giggled a little bit before I heard Tom ask, “Hello? Confused girlfriend?”

“Hello, masturbating boyfriend.”

I heard him groan. “I’m killing Bill,” he said.

“Nope. Not aloud.”

“Why not?”

“You’d be sad. And a sad Tom isn’t useful with help on Pre-Cal homework.”

“True. Do you want me to just come over?”

I had to bite my lip to prevent myself from saying what I really wanted to say. “Yes. Please come over and help me with my Pre-Cal. Do you have anything I could help you with?”

“Well…” he started. I could tell he was smirking by the tone of his voice.

“Maybe.”

“Maybe?”

“Yes. Maybe.”

“Fair enough.”

“You have a hand, anyway.”

He sighed. “I’m not going to be able to live this down, aren’t I?”

“Nope. Especially once I tell Ali.”

“NO! PLEASE DEAR GOD NO!”

“Why not?”

“I will be hearing about it until the day I die!”

“True. Still going to tell her.”

“You must really hate me.”

I laid back on my bed. “Nope. No hate. I love you, though. I love you lots like tater tots and even more than vodka shots. And you know that I love tater tots.”

“Good. I love you, too. But hey, I’ll call you on my phone since I’m on Bill’s phone still.”

“Okay, Tomi. Later.”

“Bye.”

I closed my phone and relaxed in my bed when my phone rang a couple seconds later, displaying Tom’s name on the screen. I flipped open the phone and said, “City morgue. You kill ‘em, we chill ‘em.”

“Right. And I’m a woman,” Tom said.

“Now that’s impossible, baby.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Oh, I have my reasons…”

He chuckled. “Wow, Chels.”

“It’s true!”

“I know it’s true. Not the point.”

“It’s totally the point.”

“Prove it.”

“I will!”

He chuckled. “I’m dating the goofiest girl I’ve ever met.”

I smiled. “You love me.”

“I know.”

“Yes! I win.”

“Nope.”

“Yeees.”

“Why’s that?”

“Because I’m Chelsea who’s friends with Ali and Mexican/Irish people win all the time.”

“Damn.”

I started giggling when my door flung open, revealing Frank wearing makeup and in a skirt. Wait a second. The eff?! “FRANK!” I exclaimed.

“Blame Gerard!” he said, “He triple-dog dared me!”

“Why my skirt, though?!”

“Remember when Gerard went to school in drag? Yeah, this was the skirt he wore. He just never gave it back.”

“Hello?” I heard Tom ask.

“One second, Frank,” I said. I turned my attention to Tom, “Hurry up, okay?”

“Got it, baby. I love you.”

“I love you, too. Byyyye.”

“Bye.”

I hung up my phone and turned my attention to my cross-dressing brother. “Wait a second. That’s my tube top, too!”

“Like I said,” he started, “Gerard triple-dog dared me.”

I facepalmed just as Tom walks into the room. “The eff?” Tom asked.

“Don’t ask,” Frank said before walking out.

Tom looked at me confused. “Right. Anyways…” he said before sitting down on my bed.

I pecked his lips. “Pre-Cal help now? Kissy later?” I asked.

He smirked. “Sure. Just grab your book,” he replied.

I smiled and pecked his lips once more before grabbing my book so he could help me.
♠ ♠ ♠
xD I had to