Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy 31

We are breathing while you‘re sleeping. Go! And leave us alone.

I groaned and wondered where the music was coming from. I sat up, not realizing where I was, and saw my phone ringing. I opened it and groaned, “Whaaaaaat?”

“Where are you?!” someone asked. Frankie?

“Frankie?” I asked rubbing my eyes.

“No. It’s Georg. Tom, Bill, and Frank are having a mini-freak out,” he replied.

“Heeeey Georgie,” I said before yawning, “I’m on the couch.”

“No, you’re not. We’re in the living room now.”

“But I am too on the couch!” I whined tiredly.

“Which couch?” he asked.

I looked around before remembering I was at Ali’s house. “The couch in Ali’s house. I forgot I crashed here last night. Tell the losers I’m fine.”

He sighed in relief. “I will. Just don’t do that to them anymore. I got dragged over here and everything. My hair isn’t straight!”

“Ohh nos. Anything but that. Ahhhhhh,” I said tiredly and sarcastically, “You still have better hair than me.”

“So? I have better hair than anybody you know. I just prefer it straight.”

“Yeah yeah yeah. Now, this couch is calling my name. I’m going back to sleep. Good night,” I said before hanging up and letting my head hit the couch. Just as I dozed off, I was attacked in the form of someone sitting on my back. “Awwwww. Come on. I was just about asleep!” I whined.

“Did I wake you?” I heard Ali ask.

“No. Georg did. Frank’s having a freak out because I never came home last night,” I replied before gently pushing her off and sitting up on the couch.

“Oh. That explains the five missed calls from him and the four missed calls from Tom,” Ali said sitting next to me.

I groaned and buried my face in my hands.

One million years and I will say your name. I love you more than I could ever scream.

I picked up my phone and answered it. “Hello?” I asked before yawning.

“Hey. About time you answered,” Tom said.

“I was sleeping and then Georgie woke me up and talked to me. Blame him,” I said.

“I will. You had us worried though,” he said.

“Sowwy Mr. Towi,” I said like a little kid.

“Since when am I dating a little child?” he asked.

“Heeeey,” I said.

He chuckled. “Well, have fun with Ali and them and I’ll see you later. I love you.”

I smiled like I did every time. “I love you, too.”

“Buh-bye.”

“Bye.”

“Awwwww,” Ali said as I hung up my phone.

I stuck my tongue out at her and she laughed. “He cares about me,” I told her before smiling.

“I can tell. You never smiled this much around Ronnie,” she said.

I nodded. “Yeah. You’re right.”

“Of course I am! I’m always right!” she said.

I couldn’t help but giggle. “Come on. Let’s go get some breakfast, eh?” I asked.

She nodded and stood up. “Waffles?” she asked.

“Fuck yeah! Let’s do this!”

She laughed and the two of us walked to the kitchen for waffles. Mmmm waffles.