Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy 41

(Frank)

“Frank! Go get your sister so we can go to the store,” Mom said from the kitchen.

“Alright, Mom,” I replied to her from the living room. I stood up and headed towards the stairs. I just hope she doesn't find out the reason we barely have any food is because I get the munchies and eat a whole lot of it. Maybe I shouldn't smoke so much... Nah! What am I kidding?! I love the high life. Get it? High life? Hehehe I crack myself up.

I reached the top of the stairs and walks to Chels' room. Seeing the door open, I peeked my head inside and saw her curled up in a ball on her bed. Maybe she was asleep. “Sis?” I asked.

“Hmmm?” she asked. At least I got a response.

“Mom wanted me to get you so we could go to the store,” I told her.

I saw her shift around. “I'm not really in the mood to leave. I'd rather stay here,” she said softly, “Let Mom know for me?”

Something doesn't feel right. “Sis? Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah. Fine,” she replied in a monotone voice, “I just don't feel like moving.”

Okay, now I know something's wrong. “Are you sure?”

I heard her grumble. “Yes, Frank. I'm fine,” she replied.

That I doubt. Fine my lily white ass. “You don't seem fine. Is everything okay with you?”

At this point she sat up and glared at me. “I'm fine. Now get out of my room,” she replied annoyed, “Now.”

I sighed. “Okay okay. I'll let Mom know you aren't joining us,” I told her.

She laid back down on her bed. “Yeah,” was all she said.

I sighed and walked away from her room before heading downstairs.

“Frank? Where's your sister?” Mom asked.

“She said she's gonna stay here. She's not in the mood to leave,” I told her.

“Is she okay?” she asked grabbing her purse.

All I could do was shrug. I honestly didn't know. “She said she was. Shoot, she was insistent she was. Even got snippy with me when I kept asking her. I just don't know though.”

She sighed. “Well, maybe she'll be in better spirits when we get back from the store,” Mom said, “Oh, and you're driving. Don't feel like driving.”

Ahh the cons of having a car. “But Moooooom! I don't wanna drive!” I whined.

“Too bad. If you drive, we'll get something for dinner instead of me cooking,” she said.

I shrugged. “Okay. I'm down with that,” I told her. I grabbed my keys and phone before heading out to my car. Maybe Mom's right. Maybe she'll be in better spirits when we get back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, Mom was right. Sort of. At least she's out of her room. Now she's curled up on the couch watching TV. Mom and I brought back Hot Box Pizza for dinner and she had a breadstick and a slice of pizza before curling up in a ball and watching TV. She's being abnormally quiet, too. It's kind of scary. Maybe having friends over would help her get in a better mood.

“Hey Chelsea? The crew's coming over for a movie night. Just thought I'd let you know. Wanna pick the movie?” I asked her walking into the living room.

She shrugged. “You can. I'm not picky,” she replied.

I nodded. “Alright,” I told her before going down to the den to pick a movie.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So we were all in the den watching a movie. I couldn't find anything I hadn't seen before so I sent out a mass text for movie ideas. After reading through the suggestions, Ray mentioned a new movie he bought recently called Straw Dogs. He said he hadn't watched it yet but heard it was a really good movie, so he brought it over and that's what we're watching. It's actually pretty good.

I glanced over at my sister to make sure she was okay. She was curled up in Tom's lap, laying her head on his shoulder and watching the movie. She seemed to be enjoying it. That's good. Or maybe it's because she has her boyfriend. Maybe both.

We were watching it when, all of a sudden, Ali starts yanking on my arm. “Frank,” she whispered frantically.

“What?” I whispered back.

“I just remembered something about this movie and maybe we should get your sister out of here. Now,” she whispered.

“What? It's a good movie. And she's enjoying it,” I whispered back.

“She won't be here in a few minutes. Please let's just get her out of here. Just for a little bit,” she whispered.

“Ali, you have nothing to worry about? What could be so bad about this movie?”

“Frank, for once just listen to me. Please.”

I sighed. “Ali, it's fine. I assure you whatever it is, it isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Okay?”

She sighed. “Can't say I didn't warn you,” she whispered before going back over to Craig.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. It's a good movie. There's nothing bad except a little violence. But just that. How bad could it get?

We continued watching the movie when I suddenly got hungry. I stood up, mumbled something about food, and went to the kitchen. I got the pizza box from the fridge and decided to get a slice for Chelsea. I bet she's hungry. She needs to eat.

I put the slices on a plate for each of us and started heating my plate up in the microwave when I heard commotion. I didn't think of anything when I heard, “Turn it off. Please for the love of God turn it OFF!”

That sounded like Chelsea. I rushed back to the den to see the movie off and a shaking, terrified Chelsea with her face buried in Tom neck. “What happened?” I asked confused as hell.

“Movie. Let's just say there was a...uh...triggering scene. If you get what I mean,” Craig replied.

It took me a second to realize what he meant. Fuck. I looked over at my sister to see her trembling and repeating something to herself while Tom rubbed his hand up and down her back and rocked her. Couldn't make out what she was saying. I walked over to them and sat down next to the two of them when I could make out what she was saying.

“Please make it stop. Please please please make it stop,” she repeated softly to herself.

It was all quiet for a moment when I heard the start of a movie. I looked over and saw Monsters Inc. playing and Ali by the DVD playing. I gave her a look and she asked, “What? Thought this might cheer her up. Is it working?”

I glances over to see Chelsea unphased by the cartoon movie playing, still repeating the same phrase to herself. I shook my head at Ali and she pouted. “I want her happy now!” she said before crossing her arms, “Hmph”

I looked at Tom and he mouthed, “I'm gonna take her upstairs.”

I nodded and he left carrying her out. Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp........ here we go!

I'm going to start off by apologizing PROFUSELY for not updating sooner. College is kicking my ass!

Hope you enjoy the update. Not in my normal POV, but there's a reason for it as you have already read.

Like it, comment it, recommend it. You know. All the good stuff. <3