I Cried Out With No Reply

Day 3.

August 26

I hope today doesn’t suck as much as it did yesterday. I can’t even believe I’m already up, before school starts. Last night I finished my homework around midnight and then laid in my bed until 1. I can’t stand the thought that keep running through my head I wish they would just go away.


Kayden angrily scribbled the last sentence then looked at the clock on his bedside table; it was time for him to leave or he would miss the bus. He jumped out of the chair and grabbed his belongings and descended down the stairs two at a time.

“Bye dad!”

“Bye son!” Kayden was already gone.

He practically ran to the bus stop thinking he was going to be late. The bus wasn’t even in sight by the time he got there. He slowed down kicking a rock while he walked the rest of the block. He should have known the new bus driver wasn’t going to be there on time. He briefly thought of the driver from last year, which sent him into memories from the year before when things had been slightly better.

The bus drove up noisily dragging Kayden from his mild daydreaming. He skipped onto the bus and took a seat near the front. This way he didn’t have to pass the groups of kids that were already chattering about God knows who. He didn’t want to be the next topic on their agenda.

He was just settling in when another kid quickly ran around the corner signaling the bus to wait for him. He jumped up the steps and waved to the bus driver who just grunted in response. He claimed the seat across from Kayden and smiled at him.

“Hey,” the mysterious kid said.

Kayden almost thought he was talking to someone else, but he couldn’t have. The boy was staring right at him. That’s when he realized it was that guy he saw at Staples two days ago. Kayden drew in a short breath and thought back to that night after the seeing him and was immediately embarrassed. He squeaked out a quick hi and turned back to his hands that were now extremely fascinating.

The day went on and turned out to be just as boring as the first, but this time Kayden was constantly on edge looking everywhere to boy-yet-to-be-named. He ended up having three classes with him, including science, where the boy picked the seat right next to him at his lab table in an almost empty room. This of course meant that they would be stuck doing projects together, which meant Kayden would have to learn to hold a conversation with him.

Later that night, Kayden simply wrote,

So I met him. He seems nice.

I hate him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well. I guess I am awaking this story from its dormant stage.
If you liked the update please comment.
Subscribe if you haven't already.
Love you all!