Status: finished, but you're still welcomed to read it!

I Fought Them All Off Just To Hold You Close And Tight

... Blinded?

The first thing I remember when I woke was that my head hurt. I mean it hurt BAD! This headache was the kind of headache that sucks major giraffe abortions. Weird phrase huh? Anyway, the point is my head was bitchin' up a storm. The next thing I remember was opening me eyes ... and seeing nothing. At first I thought I really hadn't opened my eyes. But upon blinking a few times and having it remain completely black, I assumed that wherever I was, the lights had to be off. I coughed and blinked few more times.

"Frankie?" Soemone asked. The voice was farmiliar.

"Ray?"

"FRANK! Oh my fucking god, you're okay!!!" Footsteps came rushing through the darkness, and someone who I guessed was Ray pulled me into a HUGE hug!

"Oh, wow. Hey man, I'm alright. Let go!" I laughed. But deep down in my gut there was an uneasy feelign. I blinked a couple more times, but the room didn't get any brighter. How had Ray found me so quick if I couldn't see him at all?

More footsteps came into ear shot. Yells of happiness glomped on top of me, belonging to Bob, Mikey, and at last Gerard. I could tell Gerard was there because of his intoxicatting and unforgettable smell. He kissed me on the cheek with his soft, sweet lips through all the hugs. The sinking feeling deep inside me worsened.

Finally everyone calmed down and sat quietly aroubnd me. Or at least I think they were. That's how it felt. "You okay Frank?" Bo asked. "Your eyes are kinda out of focus."

"Yeah," I said. It's just dark as fuck in here. Are the lights off or something?"

Silence.

"Guys?"

"Uhh .... Frankie ..." Mikey started. "It's daytime. The sun is shining through the hospital window ..."

"... WHAT?!" I blinked again. Still black. Binked again. Nothing. Blink, blink, blink. Dark. "What ... the ... HELL?!"

Someone put their hand on my shoulder. Gerard. "Frankie ...?"

I clawed at my eyes. "It's dark!"

Gerard was really close to me now. His smell was to die for. "Frank, look at me."

"... I can't!" I kept blinking, hoping and praying that this was all a sick nightmare. "Gerard, it's dark! I can't see!"

Gee pulled me into a hug. I desperately clung to his shirt, thinking that maybe he could make me see. Of course, in reality, he couldn't. But who says you can't have hope, right?

At this point I started crying. Gerard just held me close and rocked me back and forth. Bob and Ray ran out of the room looking for a doctor to give us answers. Not that it mattered. I was blind, and it could be perminant ...
♠ ♠ ♠
blah an update! hope ya like. please comment and subscribe if u do. love ya!!!