Status: finished, but you're still welcomed to read it!

I Fought Them All Off Just To Hold You Close And Tight

"Cancer"

"Heyy Gramps. So they finally let me talk to you, huh?"

The voice on the other end was hoarse and dry. "Hehe, yeah I suppose. How's the tour going?"

"Fine," I answered. "But how are you? What's going on down there?" I tired to keep my voice low so as not to let the others hear.

"Pretty fair, I guess. I don't really know why I'm here Sport. The dang doctor and nurses won't tell me squat. It's probably my heart again. Blasted organ."

My finger was wrapped so tightly around a strand of my hair that it was on the brink of coming out. "Well what does your heart have to do with the seizure you had yesterday? Are those things even connected?"

"I don't know Sport. But uhh ... I heard your father and some doctor talking yesterday. The word 'cancer' came up a couple of times."

I was hard to talk past the lump in my throat. "Shit ... well, is there anyone with you there now?"

My grandfather coughed a couple times. "Your dad left about an hour ago. It's gettin' a bit lonely, but you mom promised to visit when she got off work tomorrow."

"Do you want me to come down there? We're in Delaware, so I can be there in about 4 hours."

"No don't bother Sport. I mean, I'd appreciate the company, but it's a long drive for you."

"Shut up, I wanna come down. I'll be there as soon as I can. Hoepfully traffic's not bad."

"Okay Frankie. I love you."

"Love ya too Gramps. See you soon." I pressed the END button on my cell and sprinted to the front exit, ignoring everyone's questions. I had to find Brian so I could borrow his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
lots of dialogue hehe. hope ya'll like it!! please comment and subscribe :)