Fairytales

Chapter 4

We had Normal Christmases but they were decked out in presents most of them were for the mini-mes, they got everything. They got all the dolls they wanted, all the games they wanted. And what did I get? Only what my father thought I needed, even though I told him what a I wanted, long before the green Christmas came up, and the sliver shining lights. I was still pushed aside for the brats it made my heart sink.

I could tell that Haven didn’t like the arrangement as well, she would keep looking at her things then all the things the twins got. When she looked down, her red hair falling over her shoulders, I could tell she was upset as much as I. She was trying so hard not to cry, so I declared that we all went to bed. Before anyone could answer I took Haven up and tucked her in. What a swell Christmas this turned out to be.

By this time, I was twelve and ready to take a stand, but when I saw how happy father was, I swallowed my anger and put on a happy face. It would pain me to feel myself smiling when I was truly upset, but I could do that to father. He was happy. I would just have to live with Miranda and her brats. Though, I could truly say that I hate those people, and that I wanted my mother back and my family. All I can do now is dream.

One night when father tucked us in he had an unusual cough, father very rarely got sick. “Are you aright dad?” I questioned concerned.

“It’s just a cough angle.” He replied, patted my brown hair and walked out. Lying there thinking about, my new, so-called “glamorous”, life I slowly drifted off to sleep. My dreams were scattered full of random moments in time, sometimes full of nothing but happiness. That’s when I felt like mom was with me, her happy sprite was with me. Guiding me, helping through all these changes, that’s when I was at the most peace.

I woke up the morning after, to alarms and cries. Running out of the room, I searched for the center of the madness. Only to find a body be taken out of the house. I looked around confused; I saw Miranda and the twins, my sister, but not my father. Then it sunk in. Screaming I ran toward it, but Miranda caught me, "That’s not how you act.” She stated sternly and walked in the same path as the body.

Sinking down on my knees, I began to cry. I knew what had happened, my father was ill and he didn't know how bad it was. Shaking, Haven came out of the room with tears in her eyes. She must of seen on the window; Miranda walking proudly towards the ambulance and a body wrapped in a bag. Put two and two together and get one mess.

The following days where filled with cries, mainly by my sister and I. We didn’t go to school, we barely ate. Miranda would come in and say, “Stop moping around, things happen.” It took all my power not to throw something at her. My father just died, I’m not aloud to be upset? I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
By demand I finally posted this Chapter.(:
Its been hard to sit down and right to hold on tight with me.
Love your author,
Kate.