Status: This story is for Naomi!!

Augusut Is Over

you snooze, you lose

Naomi’s P.O.V:

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed. I don’t care about Mike or my relationship problems anymore, this is my trip and I’m going to make the best of it.

After I took a quick shower, I slipped my pajamas back on and went down to the hotel’s restaurant and ate some breakfast (even though it was almost noon). Afterwards, I went back to my suite, changed into my bathing suit and threw a slip over it, and went out to the beach.

The second I stepped foot out of the hotel, I took in the smell of salt water and sea weed. Smiling, I made my way down to the sand, almost gasping and dropping all of my things when I saw the ‘Tom-look-a-like’ laying shirtless on his towel where I had been set up yesterday. I blushed for staring, even though he couldn’t see me because his eyes were closed, and I held my breath while I walked a couple yards down, not wanting to crowd his space. I bet the last thing he needs right now is a fan girl all up on him, though I would love to be all up on him ;D.

I kicked off my flip-flops and dropped my key card, hearing a “hey” as I began attempting to lay out my towel, but failing to do so because of the wind.

On instinct, I craned my head to the direction of the voice, only to see the ‘Tom-look-a-like’ sitting up and staring at me. Not knowing what to say, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind which was “hi”. Well, at least it wasn’t a “Oo, you’re sexy!”

He smiled and got up, jogging over. My heart started racing a thousand miles a minute when he grabbed the other end of my towel, helping me lay it down.

“Thanks,” I blushed.

“No problem. Euh…you’re the girl that crashed into me yesterday, right?” His deep voice and thick German accent made it almost difficult to comprehend, but I managed to understand.

“Yeah…sorry about that,” I muttered, shyly. Agh, why am I so shy?

He smiled, “I’m Tom,” and outstretched his hands.

“I know,” I shook it; “I’m Naomi.”

“Oh. So you’ve heard of my band?”

I nodded. Silence crept over and I was beginning to hate myself for being so shy. I’m weird in a sense that some people I am super shy around and others, I have no problem just instantly being myself around.

Tom just stared at me until he finally spoke up, “You didn’t ask for a picture or an autograph, a good sign.”

“I figured crashing into you yesterday was enough annoyance from me,” I giggled and sat on my towel.

He laughed and sat down on my towel besides me, “yeah, that kind of hurt.”

“Sorry,” I smiled, sheepishly.

My heart started doing flips at the thought of me actually talking to Tom Kaulitz. I can’t believe he’s actually here, sitting on my towel and talking to me. This is so surreal. Thanks for dumping me, Mike.

Tom’s P.O.V:

I can’t believe she’s here. Naomi. I thought that I’d never get the chance to find out her name, but here we are, talking. That’s all we’ve been doing for the past five hours. Talking. And it wasn’t even about anything. At least not anything we could use to get to know each other. We’ve literally talked about nothing for the past five hours and I’ve never been so intrigued or smiled so much as I did.

“So…” I started, getting off topic of our monopoly rant, “do you live here?”

“No, I booked the last suite in the hotel,” she pointed up at the hotel that I was staying at.

“Ah! So you’re the reason I couldn’t get a suite,” I smirked.

“You snooze, you lose,” Naomi joked.

I laughed and then smiled, “do you want to go get dinner a little later?”

“Yeah! Lemme just go take a shower so I don’t smell like sea weed.”

I laughed.

We stood up and she grabbed her towel and room key, slipping on her flip-flops.

“I’ll meet you in the lobby at six.”

She smiled, “I’ll be there,” and left towards the hotel. I just stood there and watched after her. I have a feeling this one is going to be different…I hope.