‹ Prequel: Wasting Love
Status: Finished. But in the process of being re-written.

Roxanne

I’ve Been Waiting So Long

His soft fingers gently traced the line of my cheekbone; they rested for a moment before I moved my head.

“This sucks,” I whispered as my arms slowly snuck around his broad shoulders. Him being a normal guy, or at least a normal guy to me, but not to the rest of the world. To the rest of the world he was a musician, a bassist in one of the bands that had hit it big, with what people were saying one of the greatest songs in the world. I didn’t think that, but that’s beside the point. He was the bassist of the hard rock band Guns N’ Roses. He was Michael Andrew McKagan better known as Duff McKagan. He was on tour, for their new albums Use Your Illusion I & II. The band had been in town for six days, and tomorrow they were performing, then leaving and moving on to the next town. We’d met on the first day that he’d been in town, it wasn’t the first time we had met but you’ll learn more about that later, or so I hope.

“Your right, this does suck, but maybe tomorrow morning I could talk to Axl and maybe you could come on tour with us.” Duff whispered back as he moved his hands around my waist and moved his face closer to mine. “Unless you don’t want to, then you don’t have to come.” He added quickly.

“Unless I don’t want to? Are you trying to get rid of me?” I replied jokingly as I brushed a stray strand of hair out of his face and looked into his bright blue eyes. He gave me a soft smile that could melt any fan girls heart. He tightened his arms around my waist and started to pull me closer; our lips were just about to touch when a shrill ringing sound from across the room interrupted us.

“I guess I should get that,” Duff murmured to me as I leaned away and let my arms drop. I didn’t answer instead I watched him as he let his arms drop from my waist and scurried across the room to grab his cell phone.

“Hello . . . yeah, I’m fine . . . uh yeah, I was kinda busy . . . umm yeah I’ll be there tomorrow. Is Axl there? Oh damn that sucks, I was just gonna ask him something. No never mind it’s not important. Maybe I was what’s it to you?” I only heard bits of pieces of that conversation but from what I heard it sure sounded like he was talking to one of his band mates, but I couldn’t be sure who it was. “Ok . . . sure I’ll see you tomorrow, and tell the rest of them that I’m bringing a girl so you guys have to behave somewhat.” He paused, and winked at me before letting out a chuckle and disconnecting.

“Sorry ‘bout that. Had to pick up, it was Steven just asking me what I was up to and shit like that.” Duff said as he dropped his phone on the ground and began to walk over to me.
“Its fine,” I replied as I fell onto the bed
“I know its fine but I still feel bad. Now where were we?” Duff said as he fell onto the bed beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist. Without meaning to I giggled and wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he pulled me close. He bent his head down and started to gently suck on my neck.

“Duff c’mon stop it,” I murmured as my hand slowly began to unbutton his shirt. “After all I don’t think it would be very good if I showed up tomorrow with hickey’s all over me.”
“Well, what if I don’t want to stop, have you ever thought about that.” Duff said as he unlatched himself from my neck for approximately five seconds. His voice was muffled, which was probably due to him talking to my neck, instead of my face. He didn’t answer instead he began to suck on my neck again. Without meaning to I began moaning softly, then gradually it became a little louder, loud enough for Duff to hear I guess, because he began to suck harder. My hands went down a little farther to undo the next button but, as it turns out it was the last button. My hands began to move up again as I tried successfully to remove his shirt all the while I was moaning. Duff’s hands tightened around my waist, then loosened as he put his hands underneath my shirt and around my waist again.

“Michael, Michael, Michael.” I murmured, digging my nails into his skin. Duff stopped what he was doing and looked up at me his eyes wide with suspicion.
“What did you just call me?” He asked, looking at me as if he was searching for something in my eyes.

“I called you Michael why?” I answered then asked meeting his blue eyes.
“Because Michael was what my ex-girlfriend from back home use to call me, before we got a recording contract.” He quietly replied, taking his hands off of my waist and pulling away from me. I tried not to sigh; I already knew this story, because I was in it.

“Was she pretty?” I asked wrapping my arms around him and resting my head on his shoulder.

“Yeah she was pretty, she was gorgeous.” Duff answered as he causally slung his arm around my shoulders.

“You say that like you’re still in love with her, are you?” I replied, the second the words left my mouth I regretted it, I mean it had just slipped out.

“I was in love with her, I’m not sure if I am anymore. I mean time changes people, in fact I doubt I would even recognize her anymore if I saw her.” He answered then kissed the top of my head.

“Tell me about her, please.” I begged, looking up at him. “I want to know what she looked like, and well, everything!” Duff sighed then paused for a moment before he answered.

“I don’t know why I even mentioned her but if you want me to tell you about her I will.” He stopped again and closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again. “She was probably about your height, maybe a little shorter. In fact if I was going to compare you two it would be pretty close. Her hair was maybe a little darker and her eyes a little lighter.” He finished lamely like it was hurting him to talk about it, which to think about it, it probably was.

“Duff are you okay?” I asked reaching up and stroking his cheek. He nodded and took another breath.

“What else do you want to know? About Roxanne and me.” He asked quietly then kissed my head again.

“Everything.” Was my answer, I wasn’t sure if I was right or not but I thought I heard a groan escape his lips.

“Fine, are you sure you want to know everything?” Duff said with a quick glance at me who nodded vigorously. “Hmm, where to start?” He mused to himself then looked at me.

“How about how you guys met?” I asked, trying to hide a smile, I already knew the answer to this Question; I knew the answer to all the questions I was going to ask.

“How we met? There’s nothing special about that, she was just my best friends younger sister. We’d always known each other and eventually we turned into more than just friends,” Duff explained as he brushed a strand of hair out of my face. I nodded understandingly and thought about the next question I was going to shoot at him.

“Why’d you guys break up?” I shot a curious look at Duff who sighed, from what it seemed he didn’t want to get into any stories, especially about this topic.

“Her brother didn’t really like us being together and a few weeks before I left we had both agreed that we were going to get laid, and we did but I guess we were a little loud because her brother walked in on us.” He stopped and let out a chuckle. “Anyways as you could probably guess he wasn’t too happy seeing his sister and best friend in bed together. He basically threw me out of the house, naked and told me that he would never talk to me again unless I swore on my life that I would stop seeing his sister. So not knowing what else to do I told him I would stop. Let me tell you that was the easiest part, telling his sister was the hard part, she broke down and started sobbing. I tried to comfort her, my god I don’t know what the fuck I was doing, I hugged her. The hug turned into a kiss and when I walked away from that I was twisted around her little finger like you wouldn’t believe. Somehow she had gotten me to agree that we would still see each other we just wouldn’t tell her brother.” At that point I couldn’t help but feel just a little guilty about what I had done. “So after two weeks of sneaking around to see each other I was leaving, part of me was hoping that those two weeks would never end but then the smarter part of me was glad I was leaving, glad that I could finally end the secrecy with her brother. I had told her probably a good dozen times that on the day I left I wouldn’t be able to see her, because I didn’t want to risk her brother seeing us. She didn’t listen she came to see me anyways, dressed in the skimpiest but hottest outfit I had ever seen, she had come to beg me to stay. I told her no God knows how many times but man.” Duff said shaking his head, looking at me with a spark in his eyes that I had seen plenty of times before. “She turned me on like no other chick could, even today I don’t think that there’s anyone who could turn me on like her. Before I knew it we were all over each other, I had her pinned up against the side of my truck and things were getting hot and heavy fast. It was all good up until her brother showed up. He wasn’t just mad he was fucking pissed, and I don’t blame him, I mean if I was in that situation I would’ve been pissed to but maybe he took it a little too far. Anyways he picked up a piece of two by four and held it up like he was holding a baseball bat. I pushed her away from me, behind me to be exact as her brother walked towards me. I didn’t even try to stop him when he hit me with that thing, I just let him. He smoked my ass with that thing, even when I was on the ground he didn’t stop. I probably got the shit beaten out of me, and to tell you the truth I don’t remember very much of that. I remember her screaming my name and her telling her brother to stop but he didn’t listen until she was getting in the way of him aiming with that thing. He dropped the bloody thing and pushed her away from me like I was poison. The whole time she was screaming bloody murder, her brother went after her and told her to get the fuck lost and go away but she didn’t listen she kept trying to get in the way, she was trying to stop him from picking up that piece of wood and beating me anymore. Every bone in my body hurt, actually screw that every muscle hurt but somehow I found the strength to get up, get in my truck and drive away. I tried my absolute hardest not to look in the rear-view mirror because I was so afraid of what I was going to see, I failed miserably. When I looked into the mirror I thought my heart was going to shatter, she was sobbing and trying to run after the car her brother caught her though and dragged her away and that was the last time I saw her.” Duff finished shooting a glance at me. I was shaking, horrified at myself. I had tried so hard to block out those horrified memories of my brother beating him with that piece of two by four but him bringing it up brought all those memories flooding back.

“Are you okay Angel? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Duff said with a nervous laugh, I couldn’t speak my vocal cords just wouldn’t work like someone else was controlling them. I just shook my head, Duff wrapped his arms around me and pulled me up against his chest.
“Hey, shhhh, it’s okay. Don’t worry babe it’s gonna be just fine.” He said quietly as I wrapped my arms around him. He sat there for half the night calming me down and even after I closed my eyes I could still hear him talking to me, his voice got quieter and quieter until it stopped altogether so there was nothing for me to listen to except the calming sound of him breathing which slowly lulled me into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited as of 04/10/09
Changed Andrew To Michael
Thanks to those dumbasses who
go and fuck around with other Wiki pages

Chapter Name
Sunshine Of Your Love- Cream