‹ Prequel: Wasting Love
Status: Finished. But in the process of being re-written.

Roxanne

A Walk In The Dark

Roxanne's POV

I waited until everyone else had gone on stage before I left the stage area and went back up to the bus. Duff could go do whatever the fuck he wanted to, I was past the point of caring, especially after dealing with all his bullshit. He’d been acting weird for a while and that wasn’t the first time that he’d had to go out for a while, especially without reason, I knew that he probably had a dozen extra packages of strings lying around the bus, so why did he have to run out and grab them, and why did Axl have to go with him, normally he didn’t give a rats ass of what other people did, and normally he didn’t go out with other people regardless of what he broke or destroyed. Something was definitely off with both of them and I wanted to know what it was, none of the others knew or if they did they were doing pretty good jobs of keeping their mouths shut. I fed Angel who of course by the time I got back to the bus was screaming, at least we knew her lungs were healthy then calmed her down and put her back in the crib where she promptly fell asleep. Next I got out a small bag and started packing, I wasn’t going to be leaving forever , maybe for a couple of hours, just to get my head cleared, of course Duff happened to walk in right as I was throwing stuff into the bag.

“What are you doing? Are you leaving?” He asked in shock, I held back a groan, the point of this was to avoid the confrontation, I was planning to leave a note, just saying that I was out and I’d be back in an hour or two of course the master of bad timing just had to walk in.

“I’m just going out for an hour or two, I’m not leaving, I’ll be back.” I replied quietly, trying to look away from Duff’s horrified face; this was why I wanted to leave before they were done the show, because that face was going to kill. “I just need sometime alone that’s all.” I added softly after a moment.

“Well you could’ve just said that, you don’t need to do all this, if you don’t want to be my girlfriend or you have another boyfriend that I don’t know about you could’ve just said something instead of doing all this.” Duff said to me as he pushed the bag out of my hands and onto the floor.

“Duff, calm down please. It’s nothing like that, I just need sometime alone.” I said to Duff as I bent down and picked up the bag that had fallen. “Please Duff, please.” I said softly as I looked Duff in the eye. I saw him hesitate before he answered.

“Are you sure?” He asked after a moment of looking into my eyes.

“Yeah I’m sure.” I replied, he didn’t want me to go, he wanted to me to stay there with him, but I just couldn’t I needed some alone time, without the band and Angel. Duff didn’t say anything he just nodded his head, kissed my cheek then left the room. I dropped the bag I had been packing; I didn’t need it, especially if I was only going to be gone for an hour or so. I grabbed a few bills, so that I did have some money, put on my sneakers and a black sweater that I hoped made me unnoticeable, I then checked my makeup and hair then opened the door to what came to be known as the living room and walked out.

“Hey Rox have fun on your walk.” Axl said from the chair he was sitting in, of course he had a
beer in his hand, as did basically everyone there, including Duff.

“Yeah, I’ll try.” I replied softly, as I started walking towards the door.

“D’ya wants some company on your walk?” Izzy asked as he made an attempt to stand up, he was drunk, hell they all were.

“Nah, I’m good, you just sit there and have another beer on me.” I told Izzy, who gave me a drunken smile; I returned that smile then walked down the steps and out into the cool night air. I looked around in the darkness took the flashlight in my pocket out, turned it on and began walking away from the bus and into the eerie darkness of the night, hoping that it would scare all my problems away.