‹ Prequel: Wasting Love
Status: Finished. But in the process of being re-written.

Roxanne

I Hate This Part

Axl came in a few minutes later shaking his head and looking like something unexpected
had been said or done.

“Alright so you’ll perform with us tonight and then you’ll leave.” Axl asked me.

“Yeah, I’ll perform with you and then I’m leaving.” I said firmly, Axl nodded his head in agreement. For the next few hours we didn’t leave the room, instead we just stayed in there and talked, about anything and everything. Axl was really curious of what I’d been up too since the last time we seen each other, especially who I had slept with, so reluctantly I told him about Izzy.

“I knew it!” He shouted, “I knew you guys were hiding something from us.” He told me with a know it all look on his face, I shook my head. “Well?” He asked as he turned to look at me.

“Well what?” I asked back, he had totally lost me.

“Who’s better in bed Izzy or Duff?” He asked me with a laugh, I rolled my eyes and pushed my off the side of the bed. “What? As if you didn’t know this was coming after you told me.” He grunted from the floor. Shaking my head I offered him my hand and helped him off the floor.

“I can’t really tell you whose better; I don’t remember sleeping with either of them I just know that it happened.” I replied as Axl let out a hoot of laughter and nearly fell off the bed again and this time almost dragged me with him.

“AXL HURRY THE FUCK UP!! THE SHOW STARTS IN TWENTY.” Duff roared at him, he sighed and then shook his head.

“That’s my part, I’m supposed to be giving them shit, not the other way around.” He muttered to me before he raised his voice. “DON’T TELL ME WHEN THE SHOW STARTS I KNOW DAMNIT!! WE’LL BE OUT IN A MOMENT!!” I rolled my eyes, nothing at all had changed, not a thing. “C’mon Rox, it’s show time.” He said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door.

“In a moment, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was screwing with him too.” Duff muttered to himself. My temper flared up but I managed to keep from screaming at him, especially because Angel was in his arms.

“I HEARD THAT.” Axl roared at him, Duff shrugged as if to say so what? I’m not scared of you.

“That was the point; you and the whore heard it.” Duff replied before turning around and walking out of the trailer, Izzy had disappeared as well and that was just perfectly fine with me, but before he left he handed Angel to Axl and she let out a wail.

“I think she’s hungry.” Axl said quietly, I nodded then he handed her to me. “D’ya want a minute alone?” He asked me after a moment, I shook my head. The last thing I could possibly want was a minute alone, and it didn’t matter anyways Axl was my brother. With one hand I unbuttoned the shirt I was wearing, I had taken to wearing button up shirts, especially when I was just sitting in the bus. As Angel ate, Axl tried not to stare, or at least tried to stare unnoticeably. A few minutes later Angel was fast asleep, that was weird, but I guess today everything was weird, or at least not normal.

“Let’s go,” I said quietly as I put Angel down in her bed. From behind me Axl let out a snicker.

“Rox, you might wanna change before we go.” He told me, I looked up and down at my outfit; I was wearing the most destroyed pair of sweatpants in existence and a raggedy paint splattered button up t-shirt.

“Right, forgot about that.” I replied with a chuckle, Axl shut the door as he stood outside it waiting patiently for me to change. I shook my head, normally I had a good memory for this kind of stuff and normally it was me reminding Axl to change. Quickly I stripped off my old ratty clothes and put on the first pair of clothes that I saw, which happened to be a pair of skin tight black leather pants and an old Iron Maiden t-shirt that I must have missed. I rolled my eyes, it looked like I was gonna be a definite part of Guns N; Roses at least once before I hit the road. I opened the door and wrapped my arms around Axl’s neck like we had done so many years before.

Aweh, c’mon, stop it we better get down there before Duff has a spazz.” Axl told me, I then removed my arms from his neck and stepped in front of him. “Whoa, look at you; you look like you’re in the band.” Axl told me as he let out a whistle.

“C’mon, let’s go.” I told him as I started dragging him down towards the stage. Axl hummed a tune as he finally unhooked himself from my iron grip. It didn’t take long for us to get to where the stage had been set up.

“Whoa, Rox you look pretty hot.” Steven said as I walked into the room, Izzy wasn’t there of course but everyone else was. Duff gave me a quick glance, rolled his eyes and looked away. Slash’s eyes did a double take of me before they went back to the guitar he had been so carefully tuning.

“Thanks Steven, I’m gonna miss you giving me all these compliments all the time.” I said wryly as I gave him a hug.

“You’re still leaving? I thought you were gonna stay.” Steven asked, shooting glances at both Axl and myself.

“No I’m singing one song then I’m leaving right after.” I told him with a small smile that made Slash look up from the guitar disbelief on his face, and Duff of course just sat there ignoring anything to do with me.

“Fine. Leave me all alone.” Steven grumbled to himself, with a supremely pissed off look on his face.

“Come here, I need a hug too!” Slash told me, I smiled as he put his guitar down and hugged me.

“Hey, what about you’re brother? Don’t I get a hug too?” Axl asked hopefully from behind me, I let out a small laugh as I pulled away from Slash then turned and hugged Axl.

“Sorry to interrupt you little love fest but we’re on in five.” Duff said from where he was sitting, Axl and me shared a knowing look before we pulled away from each other. Slash swore as he picked up his guitar and strummed it one last time in relief to find that it was in tune.

“And now presenting Guns N’ Roses.” The announcer said into the mic, the response was a loud amount of shrieking and screaming. Slash and Duff both threw there instruments over there shoulder as Steven scampered off to his drum kit. Slash’s fingers moved like magic and before I knew it the opening riff to Welcome to the Jungle was flowing out of the guitar. They almost broke into a run to get to the stage before the drums came in. It was a close call but they made it barely. I took a few steps closer to the stage as Axl started to sing. My eyes landed on Slash for a moment then Steven, Izzy next and then finally Duff. He looked relaxed and happy performing, except for that smile, that’s what gave it away, just by looking at it I could tell something was wrong, I didn’t care if it was because I was leaving. It wasn’t my fault that that was happening, I didn’t do it all by myself, he had a part to do with it. The song ended and that was when Axl spoke.

“Well I’m glad you liked that.” He said then paused a moment as the crowd screamed. “Now, this is a bit of a change from our normal show, the next song is the last song that Roxanne will be singing.” He paused again just to get everyone’s attention. “So let’s all enjoy it and try not to bitch about it too much alright?” He asked, looking around the stage, “Right Duff?” He asked as his eyes landed on Duff, he nodded his head and rolled his eyes as Axl sat down and the piano and adjusted the mic. “Now let’s all have a good time tonight.” Were his final words into the mic as he started to play. What he was playing on the piano wasn’t November Rain, it was a solo or an intro you could call it. One of the many people from backstage handed me the mic which I took without any hesitation. He nodded at me and that’s when they started to play. I took a few steps onto the stage, Axl nodded his head encouragingly and that’s when every fear I ever had disappeared. I walked out onto the center of the stage and started to sing. Every bit of that song was perfectly on que.

“But if you could heal a broken heart wouldn’t time be out to charm you woah.” I sang into the mic then let it drop down beside me as Slash started the guitar solo. Of course it was a guitar solo, which basically meant no-one else was playing, in front of me I heard the crowd gasp like something exciting was happening, that was normal too, I mean Slash was probably doing something with the guitar that’s when the guitar faltered then stopped. At that point I had to turn around and see what the hell was going on, I was prepared to see just about anything, from Slash lying dead on the floor to the stage going up in flames but nothing in the world could’ve prepared me for what I did see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please?? If I don't get a few comments I hate to say but I'm not posting the rest of it. =P

Chapter Name:
I Hate This Part
Pussycat Dolls