‹ Prequel: Wasting Love
Status: Finished. But in the process of being re-written.

Roxanne

Think About You

The night seemed to pass quickly, as it always does when you’re asleep and when I opened my eyes the next morning the room looked like a war zone with clothes, and other items strewn across it. Duff was no-where to be seen but the light in the bathroom was on so I was hoping that he was in there. I was hoping that I hadn’t slept the whole day away and Duff left without me.

“Duff?” I called out as I got out of the bed and looked around the room. From what I saw it didn’t look like he had left I could still see his clothes as well as mine everywhere. The room hadn’t been this messy yesterday before we went to sleep, it hadn’t been spotless but for the most part everything was put away, which meant that Duff had been looking for something.

”Oh hey, you’re up!” Duff called as he walked out of the bathroom in a pair of black leather pants and no shirt. “Did you just get up or have you been up for awhile.” He asked as he bent down and shoved some of his clothes into a nearby bag.

“Uhh I just got up.” I replied picking up a pair of skin tight jeans and a t-shirt. “You getting ready to leave?” I asked meeting his eyes with my own and forcing a smile on my face. Duff stopped packing and looked at me.

“Yeah I’m getting ready to leave but why are you looking so down? You’re coming with me right? Or are you staying behind?” Duff said as he looked away and shoved what looked like a t-shirt into his bag.

“You mean-“I started reaching out and grabbing his hand.

“I talked to Axl earlier this morning he said you could come on tour with us.” Duff finished with a smile, entwining my fingers with his own. “Y’know what that means right?” Duff asked with a teasing smile, I shot him a confused look which he laughed off. “You better start packing, because after today you’re not coming back!” I couldn’t help but laugh at that, the way he said that he sounded like a little kid.

“Well I have to shower, and then I’ll start packing.” I answered trying to pull away from Duff with no success.

“So, shower later.” Was Duff’s answer as he pulled me closer until there was literally no space in-between us.

“C’mon let me shower please.” I begged trying to use my one free hand to push myself
away from Duff.

“Fine, you stink anyways.” Duff said letting go of my hand with a laugh. I didn’t answer instead I just shook my head and walked into the bathroom. Quickly I shed my clothes and got stepped into the shower. I was welcomed by the hot downfall of water. Not knowing how long it would be until I got another chance to shower I waxed my legs, and then washed my hair. Then even though I would`ve loved to stay underneath that warm water all day long I knew that I had to get out and pack, so reluctantly I got out of the shower put on my clothes, brushed then blow-dried my hair and then applied my makeup. When I looked into the mirror I could`ve sworn that it was the day before Duff left, the few weeks before they made it huge and everyone in North America knew his so-called name. I took a deep breath, checked my make-up one last time, opened the bathroom door and walked out. Duff was busy packing still or randomly shoving clothes into bags. Self-consciously I walked over to him, bent down beside him and gently placed my hand on his arm. He looked at me and when he did his eyes widened in surprise.

“Roxanne?” He asked with a hopeful glint in his eyes, as he dropped the pair of pants he was holding.

“The one and only.” I replied with a smile as I pushed him over.

“It really is you, come here baby.” Duff said wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer until I was looking down into his blue eyes.

“Gladly, I like what you’re wearing. “ I said flirtatiously, bending over him.

“You like what I was wearing? Or do you just like that lack of what I’m wearing?” Duff said with a chuckle as he grabbed my left leg and lifted it over his body so that I was straddling him somewhat.

“Both,” I replied grinning pulling myself up so I was sitting on top of him, he just smiled at me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders to pull me closer to his face. His lips gently brushed against mine; before I pulled away he gave me a disappointed look that I laughed at.

“Come here,” he said pulling me up against him and kissing me. The kiss was gentle at first but it got hard fast, our lips melted together and when I pulled away we were both breathing heavily.

“Would it sound weird if I said that was the best kiss I’ve ever had?” Duff asked me with a smile, in return I smiled.

“That sounds weird as fuck, but I have to agree.” I said leaning in again. He kissed my cheek lightly then my mouth again. It took a moment for me to respond but when I did, the kiss got hot and heavy. His hands slid down along my side until they reached my thighs. My hands travelled up his chest up to his neck and around to the back. My fingernails lightly teased the skin there and I heard him try to suppress a moan.

“I’ve missed you so much.” I murmured pulling away and burying my head in his chest.

“I’ve missed you too; none of the other chicks were even close to you.” He said, resting his head on my own. “We should get back to packing.” He added as an afterthought.

“Do we have to?” I asked looking up at his bright blue eyes. He cracked a smile and let out a small laugh.

“I said we should, not that we have to.” He leaned over again and kissed my forehead, “so tell me, you know what I’ve been up to in the last little while, but what have you been up to?” He asked his eyes bright with curiosity. I nervously chewed my upper lip and looked at him. He had such a cute face when he was curious, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get into this life story but if he wanted to know. I sighed. “Please,” he begged, stroking my hair.

“Fine, I really don’t want to tell you but if you want to know that bad.” I took a deep breath, “then I’ll tell you. After you left, my brother gave me shit for staying with you, but then a few days later, he took off and just disappeared. Mom took off too so it was just Dad and me. Well Dad drank the money away and they took the house, I don’t know what happened to Dad or Mom after that but I do know what happened to me. I lived on the streets for a few months, begging people for their spare change. Then one day he showed up, he never told me his name but he took me in off the street and he said that I could stay with him as long as I agreed to one thing.” I broke off for a second to get my breath back. Duff was looking at me curiously like he was waiting for me to continue. “He said I could stay as long as I wanted if I slept with him. Well sleeping with him turned into sleeping with his friends and getting paid to do it. I didn’t have a choice, it was either that or go back to living on the streets, and I would rather have died then gone back there. So there I was a hooker, a prostitute, a whore. I tried so many times to get another job, at a cafe or somewhere else. Eventually I got enough money to rent an apartment so I moved out of that slime balls place. It was about that time that I noticed who the bassist of Guns N’ Roses was.” I paused again and smiled at Duff. “Time seemed to drag on during that time, it was horrible, and I was just ready to drop dead. I thought about giving it up so many times but I just couldn’t do that. I would’ve lost everything, the house and the comfort that I’d never had. I slept with so many guys, from married ones to old grandpa’s that had never gotten married, or at least so they had told me. Then a week ago, I met you at the bar, and you know the rest of that story.” I finished, looking away, at the heaping pile of clothes.

“Hey, look at me.” Duff said putting his pointer finger under my chin and making me look at him. I tried to look away but he grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. “What’s wrong? And don’t pull out that I’m fine shit because it doesn’t work on me.”

“It’s nothing it’s just. . .” I trailed off.

“It’s just what? It’s not your fault that shit happens; if it’s anyone fault of what did happen its mine I should’ve brought you with me when I left. I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen if I left, I should’ve told your brother how I felt.” Duff said, I pulled away from him.

“We should start packing.” I announced then stood up and began shoving clothes into a bag. Duff didn’t answer he just stared at me as I threw clothes into my bag. Eventually Duff got up and started to pack. I looked at the clock which now read three-thirty. I was a whirlwind of clothes, throwing everything I had, which wasn’t very much into a bag and then a smaller bag for all my toiletries, which Duff recommended that I shouldn’t let out of my sight.

“What time do we have to go?” I asked Duff as I dropped my bags by the door.

“Umm well the concert starts at eight and we’ve gotta be there at six so we gotta leave here around four thirtyish, which means we have some time to waste.” Duff replied as he brushed my bangs out of my face and tucked the hair behind my ear.

“I don’t think so Duff, don’t you think we should go find where you’re staying and you should maybe introduce me to the rest of the band?” I asked as Duff grabbed my hand and entwined his fingers through mine.

“We should, but I don’t really want to.”Duff said shyly, pulling me into his warm, safe arms.
“I know you don’t want to but c’mon lets go. It’s better if we get it done now instead of later.” I murmured as he let go of my hand and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. Duff was taller than me but wrapping my arms his shoulders was a comfortable place to put my arms, we’d always known each other so we were comfortable with each other. One of my pet peeves was when you saw couples that were awkward around each other, like they just didn’t fit together or if they did they sure didn’t seem like it.

“Fine, we can go, I guess.” Duff muttered, squeezing in a quick peck on the lips and then letting me go. It took me longer to react, I guess I wasn’t quite ready to let go of him but when I did I got a smile and another peck on the cheek.

“I’ll grab my bag.” I exclaimed ready to scamper across the room to grab my bag. Duff sighed then reached up to brush his hair out of his face. “No wait, let me.” I said as I reached out and brushed the hair out of his face, making sure that I lightly dragged my fingernails across his forehead. Looking into Duff’s eyes I saw the pupils dilate and I could feel his body tense, instantly I felt bad for being such a tease.

“You know this is going to be the last time we’re going to be completely alone for a while.” Duff whispered in my ear as he pushed me up against the wall.

“I know that’s why I’m letting you get away with- Oh.” I started but never had a chance to finish due to Duff’s hands rubbing my waist. “How do you remember these things?” I managed to get out between breaths

“That’s simple I listen.” Was his answer as he moved closer. He was ready to fuck me I knew that much because I could feel it through his pants as well as my own. I tried to relax and let my head roll back so it was propped up against the wall then closed my eyes. I could feel Duff’s lips lightly touching the skin on my neck. He hesitated for a moment before he gently bit my neck. When I didn’t react he moved around a bit, like he was looking for something and I knew what it was. He let his lips brush against the skin on my neck, just as a test, I shivered, a sly smile appeared on his lips as he first bit then sucked on my neck.

“Mhhmm, Duff stop please.” I moaned softly as I pulled myself closer to him. Duff didn’t answer he just kept sucking on my neck. I relaxed my arms and let them move downwards from around his shoulders to the middle of his back, I hated to break up this make-out session because I was enjoying it but let’s face it we needed to get to the hotel or wherever we were staying at least an hour before we needed to be at the stage and at this rate we were not going to make it. I slowly dragged my nails along his back, the response was instantaneous. Duff’s head flew up and his grip on my waist loosened. “We have to go.” I said firmly dropping my hands from his back.

“Fine,” Duff grumbled as his hands dropped to his side and he took a few steps back.

“You better put a shirt on, because I don’t know how long I’ll be able to resist.” I said with a smirk as Duff picked up his shirt off the floor and put it on.

“Here you take that bag, and I’ll take the other one.” Duff said as he put on a jacket and walked over to me. “I’ll put this shit in the cab I called earlier and I’ll wait outside for you, since it’s better if the band knows who I’m dating before the rest of the world.” He kissed me on the cheek before picking up a nearby bag, opening the door and walking out. I picked up a few stray pieces of garbage that were lying on the floor, grabbed the apartment keys, picked up my bag and then walked out the door. I left a note at the neighbour’s door for the landlord, just saying that I was leaving and my apartment would be vacant and all that jazz. I met Duff downstairs like he said, then after throwing the bags in the trunk and telling the cab driver where we were headed we were off. Of course the cab driver didn’t know he was driving Duff McKagan and his girlfriend, he just thought he was driving a dude and his girlfriend to the Guns N’ Roses concert. It took maybe a little over a half an hour to get to where the concert was being held, we gave him the money, took our bags out of the trunk and then the driver sped off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Name:
Think About You
Appetite For Destruction
Guns N' Roses