‹ Prequel: Wasting Love
Status: Finished. But in the process of being re-written.

Roxanne

Part Two: Getting Out

“That’s it; I’m fucking sick and tired of this. How long has it even been since I came on tour with you guys?” I asked Izzy who had decided not go out for the day with the others.

“Uhh, it’s been a two and a half weeks, why?” Izzy answered tiredly. I sat up quickly, if it had been two and a half weeks and I’d been with Duff a week before that. That meant that. . .

“Izzy’s where’s the calendar?” I asked quickly as I stood up and looked around.

“Umm, there’s one over there.” Izzy said pointing across the room, at a calendar that happened to be hanging on the wall. I didn’t answer instead I got up and looked at the calendar and counted the days. Twenty five days, that couldn’t be right I counted again and again, but I still got the same answer.

“Izzy I need you to do a huge huge favour for me.” I said as my voice quavered, and turned around.

“It depends what it is.” Izzy told me.

“I need you to drive me to the drug store, please.” I asked as I walked towards him. “Izzy, please it’s an emergency.”

“Fine.” He said as he saw the desperation in my face, “let’s go, I’ll get the keys for my van and you get in.” I nodded my head as I walked out of the door and got into his van.

“Hurry, we need to get there before the shop closes.” I told him.

“I’m going as fast as I can.” Izzy muttered as he stepped on it. “What do you need from the drug store anyways?” He asked as an after thought

“I can’t tell you, but you’ll know soon.” I said to him, he didn’t try to pry anything else from me instead he just nodded. We were flying down the road, and it only took us maybe five minutes to get there.

“You stay here and let the van run; it’ll only take me a moment.” I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt and jumped out of the van. Izzy nodded his head. I pulled open the door to the store and scurried down the third aisle. I grabbed what I was looking for and quickly paid for it. The cashier gave me a look as I paid, but I ignored it. Then just a quickly I ran back out to the van, hopped in and put on my seatbelt.

“Duff is pissed.” Izzy said as he drove into where the bus was parked.

“How do you know?” I asked as I looked at him then down at my purchase and made sure that the bag was closed.

“Because I can see him standing on the road and he’s fucking pissed,” Izzy answered, I looked up from the bag and saw Duff standing outside the bus as we pulled up. Izzy was right he was pissed; he looked like he was ready to murder the both of us.

“This is not good.” I said quietly as Izzy turned off the van and we unbuckled our seatbelts, Izzy didn’t answer but he licked his lips nervously.

“What the hell is this about? I walk in hoping to see my girlfriend and friend sitting and talking but all I have is Steven tell me that you and Izzy went to the drug store. What the hell is going on! Were you going to screw her or something Izzy?” Duff snarled as we got out of the car.

“Dude you know that I wouldn’t screw her, you know that. She’s with you.” Izzy said as he shook his head, “she just asked me to take her to the drug store; I don’t know why I swear.”

“Well what about you? Why did you want to go to the drug store so bad? Especially when you’re not feeling well, unless that was a bunch of shit to get me out of the bus.” Duff asked, with a threatening tone to his voice.

“No that’s not why, I asked Izzy because I needed something right away and I didn’t want to wait for you to get back. I was afraid that it would be too late and the store would be closed.” I said as I shook my head and clutched what I had bought.

“Bullshit, let’s see what you’ve got then. Hmm? Unless I’m not allowed to see.” Duff he took a step towards me and I tried not to flinch back or anything.

“No you’re not allowed to see. It’s my business.” I replied softly.

“That’s exactly what I thought. Wow I was stupid, I thought that you would stay with me and not cheat on me. How fucking stupid could I have been. That’s it we’re over.” Duff told me and walked away. Izzy looked at me, his eyes full of concern.

“Duff, I didn’t cheat on you, and I never would.” I called out to him

“That’s a bunch of fucking bullshit, I don’t care anymore. Get out, get your shit out of my room and get the fuck out of the bus.” Duff turned and roared at me, I shook my head and slowly walked back into the bus.

“Well that’s that I guess I’m leaving.” I said as I walked into the bus. That earned me a helluva lot of interesting looks.

“You’re leaving?” Slash asked in alarm. I didn’t answer instead I walked into the bathroom and slammed the door behind me.

“What the hell was that about?” Steven asked Duff as he walked into the room.

“Oh nothing just my girlfriend and Izzy have been screwing each other, nothing serious.” Duff snarled as Izzy walked into the room.

“What?” Axl and Slash said together.

“That’s not true we have not been screwing each other.” Izzy protested. I didn’t want to hear them arguing anymore so I just blocked it out, like I had learned to do a long time ago. I took a deep breath, opened the box read the instructions then followed them, and then to my shock and horror it tested positive.

“Oh shit, I’m pregnant, now what am I going to do?” I whispered to myself, “I can’t tell Duff because I’ve already been told to get the fuck out and leave. So that doesn’t leave me with a
whole lot of options except get the fuck out and start begging again.”

“Rox, its Axl, open the door please. I need to talk to you. Brother to Sister.” Axl said as he banged on the door with his fists. I knew that Axl would understand and maybe even help me so slowly I moved and unlocked the door, but didn’t pull it open.

“Ok it’s unlocked; you can come in, but only you.” I replied quietly, Axl opened the door and walked then slammed it shut. He stared at me for a moment before he hugged me.

“So what’s up? What’s with you and Duff fighting?” He asked as he stepped back and looked up and down at me.

“Nothing’s up except.” I pointed at the results. “That. I don’t even know why were fighting, Duff over- reacted.” I said as I shook my head. Axl shot me a confused look before he got up and looked and what I was pointing at.
“What is this? I don’t get it.” Axl said as he looked at the little swab. I bit my lip nervously.
“It’s a pregnancy test.” I said quietly, Axl turned to look at me, waiting for the other half of my explanation. “And I tested positive.” I finished.

“You’re pregnant. My little sister is pregnant.” Axl said out loud, “Duff doesn’t know does he?” Axl asked after a moment.

“Of course he doesn’t and I’ve just been thrown out, Duff said we’re over and I don’t think anyone can convince him that we’re not.” I said quietly.

“Well, you don’t have to leave; you can just stay with us. It can be me and you okay.” Axl said hopefully with a glance at me. I shook my head.

“No it’s best if I leave. For both me,” I stopped for a moment and took a breath. “And the baby.”

“Ok, fine if you want to leave then I’ll help you pack, hell I’ll even drive you to a hotel or motel or even the airport if you want me too.” Axl said as he slung his arm around me and opened the door.

“Rox, don’t go please.” Steven started begging as we walked out, “c’mon Axl you’ve gotta tell her that she can’t leave.” Axl shook his head with a solemn look on his face.

“I’m sorry guys but she wants to go and if she does I’m not going to stop her. In fact I’m going to and help her pack right now.” Axl said quietly, I nodded my head as we both walked into the room.

“See you moron, look what you just did! Roxanne was the best thing that ever fucking happened to you and you just ruined it.” Izzy snarled at Duff. I expected someone to yell at Duff, but I didn’t expect him to answer the way he did.

“I know she was the best thing that ever happened to me.” Duff answered quietly.

“Dude are you crying?” Slash asked. “Here I’ll get you a tissue or something.” He said after another moment. I heard footsteps as Slash walked into the bathroom. “Holy shit, Izzy, I found out why she wouldn’t tell you what she bought and Duff you might want to see this because this is fucking insane.” Slash roared I looked at Axl who gave me a sheepish smile.

“I guess you won’t be leaving after all hey?” Axl said with a laugh as he hugged me tightly.

“It’s not guaranteed that I’m leaving but it’s not guaranteed that I’m staying either.” I replied quietly, outside I could hear Slash swearing still.

“Well what is it? Bring it here.” Duff said to Slash who made a gagging noise.

“Hell no I’m not bringing it there; I’m not fucking touching it.” Slash told Duff that must’ve gotten Izzy and Steven’s attention because I heard two pairs of footsteps on the floor.

“Holy shit Duff, you need to see this.” Steven called to him.

“Yeah, you do.” Izzy agreed.

“Sure, fine I’ll be right there.” Duff said lamely as he got up. I heard the footsteps on the floor then the creek of the bathroom door open.

“Oh my fucking God.” Was all that Duff said, “I’m gonna go talk to her.” He added quietly after a moment. The others didn’t say anything or at least anything that I heard.

“I’m going to go and talk to the others.” Axl said to me as he stood up I nodded my head and tried to smile but failed miserably. He opened the door walked out then closed the door behind him, I waited a moment after he had left, then fell back onto the bed. I heard a knock on the door.

“Hey, babe can I talk to you for a moment.” Duff said quietly from outside.

“Yeah, sure, whatever.” I answered then closed my eyes. I heard the door creak open and heard footsteps on the floor.

“Rox, I’m so so so so so sorry.” Duff started as he sat down beside me and wrapped his
arms around me I stiffened then pulled away from him. Instantly I could see the hurt in his eyes, part of me thought he deserved every bit of that but another tiny part of me thought that I was being harsh. “I thought that you were getting condoms or something at the drug store and that you and Izzy we’re more than just friends. I didn’t even think that you could be getting something for yourself, I’m so sorry. I take everything that I said back. Listen Rox, I promise that I’ll be here for you and the baby.” He finished putting his hand on top of mine. I didn’t speak I opened my eyes then closed them again.

“Duff.” I said quietly as I struggled to stay awake. “Let me sleep right now, we can talk later, tomorrow maybe.”

“No, we have to talk about this now, not tomorrow now.” Duff said firmly as he gripped my hand tighter.

“Ok, fine.” I said with a sigh. “Wait what are we talking about again?” I asked opening my eyes. Duff let out a chuckle as I sat up.

“You, me and. . .” He stopped for a moment as if processing something. “The baby. Wow that’s weird to say.” He said after a moment, I let out a tired chuckle.

“Yeah, it’s gonna take some getting use to.” I agreed. “It’s also gonna take some getting use to that you’re going to be a dad and I’m going to be a mom.” I added.

“Hey, let’s try and get use to me you and the baby, then mom and dad.” He told me. “Are we going to tell the news people that you’re pregnant or not?” He asked I let out a sigh.

“I don’t know, I think we’re gonna need to talk to everyone else about this before we make a decision on that.” I said slowly, Duff nodded his head.

“Okay, I’m done with the questions now; you can go to bed if you want.” Duff said, letting go of my hand then standing up.

“Ok, that means that I’m more than likely going to bed.” I replied tiredly as I picked a pair of pyjama pants off the floor and undid the zipper of my pants. Duff picked up clothes off the floor as I changed then as I crawled into bed Duff changed into a pair of pants and took off his shirt. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and we talked quietly until I fell asleep and the darkness of the night swept me off my feet and into its welcoming arms.