Summersonic

"You have to take a chance."

I woke about an hour later, my head pounding and the voice was definitely not doing this. I stumbled over to the kitchen, tripping over my jacket, and clinging to counter. I guess I was hallucinating again, because the shadow was at my side, helping me up. He pushed the hair out of my face and helped me get a glass of water.

If something hurts, complain. I'll get it for you.

"You're a figment of my imagination. You can't do anything for me." I growled at the shadow and punched it, but my hand just went through and the shadow giggled.

I'm ticklish there.

"You annoy the hell out of me," I stomped out of the room and I went to rinse my face in the bathroom sink. The shadow followed, even though I screamed at him that he was annoying, but I know that if he follows, something bad happens. He knows everything.

He used his voice. Soft and velvety, "Gerard. Don't talk to me like that. I am suppose to watch you, not baby-sit you. Just listen to me. I don't want to listen to your damn pouting."

His anger was quite sexy. I got kicked in the ass.

"Don't think about me right now. Your thoughts are no longer secret. You better not think about anything. Hell, I'll know everything and probably kick you in the head for everything you don't listen or forget."

That's what I thought Gee.

I blinked and the shadow was no longer in front of me. I rubbed my eyes lightly and looked around. I sighed and crawled into my warm bed, and dozed off into uneasy sleep.

>><<>><<

I was whimpering only a few short seconds later. The shadow was beside me, rubbing circles into my back. I was crying and sobbing and tossing and turning, and I don't know if he was talking to me, or something I couldn't but I wanted the attention.

I groaned inwardly and he turned to face me. I clenced my teeth and gripped my stomach, tossing until my abdomen was onto his lap. He sighed and lights pushed me to get off, but I didn't and just stared at him with big puppy dog eyes.

He rolled his eyes and let me lay there until I finally fell asleep.

"What's your name my angel?"

I heard a soft chuckle, "Frank."