Status: Part 27 and Part 28 posted 11/24

I Fear I Might Break

Part 17

Thirty minutes later, my body was sitting in one of the uncomfortable waiting room chairs and bright pink cast adorned my arm.

Who the hell picked the color of my cast?

Hayley rounded the corner, a fast food bag in her hands. She spotted me and smiled.

"Not the most healthy thing, but its still good," she said as she approached me.

The brown Burger King bag was held out to me. My eyes stared at it.

"Well, take it," she said.

Shoulders shrugged and legs carried the body away from her.

I guess I'm just not in the mood for food.

After a few seconds, quick footsteps could be heard following me.

"You have to eat," Hayley commanded.

Legs came an abrupt halt. I faced her, placing my hands on my hips. "Who are you to tell me to eat?"

Her eyes twinkled, "Your girlfriend."

I glared. "Maybe the sight of this bright pink cast makes me want to vomit."

She looked at it. Silence. She erupted in a fit of giggles. "You're brother was serious?" she asked.

"About what?"

"About getting them to give you a pink cast."

Oh that ass hole is going down.

"So this was all his idea?" I waved my cast in the air.

A nod was my response.

"Jack ass," I mumbled.

"You're really that mad about a pink cast?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

I hesitated, "Reasons."

"You can tell me. I won't kill you."

"No but your singing will. It's not like I would trust you anyway."

Legs resumed movement, leaving Hayley standing in the spot alone. I walked through the sliding doors and halted. I turned back to the building. Hayley's face was tilted downwards, causing her hair to shield her face. Her shoulders were slumped and her back slouched.

Is she sad?

She shook her head, causing her hair to move slightly. Her posture regained itself and she picked her head back up. I watched as she made her way out of the hospital, a huge, fake smile on her face. She stopped next to me and looked into my eyes. My eyes avoided her's, unable to handle the emotions running through them. They instead focused on her lips and the magnificent, pearly whites chewing on them. We stood there for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry," she said.

Stunned, I looked her in the eyes.

"I'm sorry," she repeated. "For whatever I did, I'm sorry."

My eyes continued to stare into her's.

She's serious.

"I don't really know what I did. As far as I'm concerned I hadn't met you till tour started. But I'm still sorry."

Body seemed to be in a paralysis state. Mouth refused to move, to form a statement of forgiveness.

"You keep putting me down. I really want to be your friend. Its nice having girls on tour for once, you know? But, when we met, you insulted me. I thought you were having a bad day or something so I let it slide. You got hurt though, so I couldn't help but try to care. I got insulted then too. Your brother told me to pretend to be your girlfriend today to make sure the doctor didn't pull anything on you. He's really protective of you. I know I came off really cocky about it but I really couldn't help it. Look, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for trying to be your friend. I'm sorry for caring. I'm sorry for following your brother's request. I am sorry."

Tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

I'm horrible.

"This is going to sound really weird but I have your pictures all over my wall. I mean pictures of just you," she admitted.

"I kinda have this... crush type thing... on you....," she stated.

We stared at each other again. The ability to speak had left my system fully. My body refused to move. A tear ran down Hayley's face. She shook her head, turned, and ran back towards the venue.

What the hell have I done?[/i[
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Lexie123, MemphisandCollege, whoa!letsgo, and Synder Ella Gates for commenting.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
This thank you is very uncreative because I'm in a rush to post this before practice and I have to leave in a few minutes.
So enjoy.
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste