Status: Part 27 and Part 28 posted 11/24

I Fear I Might Break

Part 8

"Sin, stop running?" yelled Octave.

Didn't even realize I was running.

My feet came to a screeching halt on the carpet floor. The rest of the band followed, panting lightly.

"Remind me again why you didn't join the track team," said Octave once he caught his breath.

A glare was thrown his way. He cowered slightly behind Mina, who rolled her eyes.

"What happened back there? You darted off that stage like your life depended on it," said Damien.

"If you were in my head, you would know that my life did depend on it," I shivered and rested my back against the wall.

"That makes no sense."

"Not to you, but to me it does!" I slid down to the ground, cradling my head with my palms.

Mina kneeled in front of me. "Look, we are your friends. We're a band. You see us everyday. Can't you trust us enough to tell us?"

A muffled "No" was her response.

She sighed. "Okay. Let's get to our rooms. It's late, we have to get to bed for early wake up tomorrow."

My body brought itself back to a standing position and followed the rest of the band to the hotel rooms. Good nights were exchanged and we entered our rooms. Mina grabbed a handful of clothes and went to the bathroom to change.

"I need your help to change," I looked at the ground, addressing Nurse.

"Maybe you should get Hayley's help," Nurse replied.

My head shot up and my eyes widened. "What?"

"Nothing. Come here."

She pulled of my shirt, momentarily exposing my skin to menacing cold, and put another shirt in its place.

"You can do the pants on your own, right?"

"Yeah."

Hopefully.

"Well, if you can't, I can go get a certain red head and she can help you out."

"What are you talking about?"

"Your monster crush on Hayley Williams."

"So you noticed it, too? I thought I was going insane," said Mina, coming from the bathroom.

"I do not have a crush on her," I replied, changing my pants.

"Uh huh, sure you don't," said Nurse.

"So what disturbing thoughts did you have on stage?" asked Mina, flopping belly first onto one of the beds.

"I didn't have any."

"Liar. You're going to have wet dreams about Hayley Williams."

My cheeks burned.

"Aw, isn't that cute?"

"When are you going to ask her out?" asked Nurse.

"You two need to stop harassing me."

They giggled.

"This isn't funny."

"Actually, it kind of is," replied Mina.

I growled lightly.

"Save it for Hayley," Nurse laid in her own bed.

"Stop it," I whined.

"Good night," said Nurse, turning off the lamp next to her bed.

"Sweet dreams," Mina turned her light off.

"You guys are assholes," the lamp next to my bed was turned off.

A couple of seconds of silence passed.

"Oh and, Sin, don't moan too loud," said Nurse.

"Shut up!"

Mina's laughs could be heard from her bed, before silence consumed the room again. Within minutes, sleep had taken hold of my brain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know. But its an update.
I'll post again Sunday for sure.
This is being posted early for Skyx this time.
So enjoy.
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste