‹ Prequel: Can't Stay Away
Status: Please be patient. I'll update when I can, because I'm in college now.

You're Everything I Need

Response

Brendon’s P.O.V.

I didn’t know what to do. It had been over a week since I’d sent that letter to Ryan, and I’d gotten nothing. Not even a hint of a response. I wasn’t sure what I was expecting. Maybe that Ryan would just forget all the bad and come running back to me. But of course it can’t be that simple.

Spencer had gone to see Ryan a few times after he delivered the letter. But those visits proved unsuccessful. Ryan wasn’t answering the door when Spencer knocked. We were both worried.

At the moment, I was waiting for Spencer yet again. He had gone back to Ryan’s to see if he could get him to talk to him.

He was back an hour later.

“Did he talk to you?” I asked as soon as Spencer walked through the door.

“No,” he said. He held out his hand, which was holding an envelope. “But this was on the porch.”

I felt nervous as I took it from him and my breath caught in my throat as I saw my name written on the front. It was from Ryan.

Spencer stepped around me and headed upstairs; leaving me some privacy to read whatever it was that Ryan had written me.

Without hesitation I flipped over the envelope and opened it quickly, which was difficult. My hands were shaking nervously. I pulled the paper out carefully, taking a shaky breath as I unfolded it. My eyes scanned the page quickly, reading the message written carefully in Ryan’s handwriting.

Brendon,

I just want you to leave me alone. You’re making things harder for me. I still love you…but it would be best for me to stay away from you.

I know that I can’t blame you completely for what happened; it was both of our faults. And for both of our own safety, it would be best to stay away from each other. I hope you understand.
Ryan


I read it again and again. He still loved me. But he didn’t want to see me. But…just knowing that he did still love me just made me want to see him so badly. There had to be some way of getting him to change his mind about me. About us. I wasn’t going to give up so easily. I loved Ryan too much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have I told you lately that I love all of you :] I got about 11 comments for the last chapter. I just wish I could have given you a longer update. :[
Anyways, keep it up with the commenting; it makes me really happy. :cute:
~Sally