‹ Prequel: Second Chances

Everlasting Love

Chapter 12

The plane flights went really well for me; I didn’t even think about the slight burning in my throat, I was cool, calm and collected, and that had nothing to do with Jasper. Both Jasper and I were completely fine going through the airport as well; well apart from women staring at Jazz and men staring at me, but Jasper just laced his fingers with mine making most people look away with disappointment clearly on their faces.

When I was human the women staring at Jasper would have annoyed me but now the stares and whispers didn’t even bother me; mainly because I knew Jasper was mine forever and his eyes and attention were only focused on me and no one else.

Once we arrived in Fiji we had to take a small sea plane over to our private island; the people were so welcoming, nice and friendly. Jasper helped me out of the sea plane and I instantly felt the hot breeze blowing gently past me; I smiled as the moon reflected off the clear water, we arrived at night because we didn’t want to get caught with our skin sparkling from the sun.

“Wow” I whispered looking around our little honeymoon suite.

We had a little kitchen with dining table, a living room with flat screen TV with cable, a comfy couch, balcony with sun chairs, our bedroom had a King size canopy bed, a TV with cable, closet, our bathroom had two basins, a spa, glass shower, robes, slippers and anything else humans might need.

“Thank you Jazz” I smiled walking up to my husband.

“Anything for you Alex” Jasper replied wrapping his strong arms around my waist closing the gap between us; we leaned closer at the same time making our lips meet half way for a passionate kiss, I still felt the tinges, electric spark and the butterflies. We quickly made our way towards the bedroom; leaving our luggage completely forgotten as we both got caught up in the moment.

I signed happily as I laid in the warm, strong arms of Jasper; my head was resting on his bare chest while my hand ran up and down his chest and stomach, his arms were wrapped around my waist tightly and our legs were tangled together under the dark blue bed sheets.

“Good morning love” Jasper whispered kissing my forehead gently.

“Morning Jazz” I smiled kissing his chest softly.

“What would you like to do today?” Jasper asked me while stroking my silky smooth black hair.

“But we can’t go outside” I said in confused; did he want the staff and maids to see our skin sparkling in the sun light?

“I asked if the resort staff and maids didn’t bother us; we would call the main office when we needed them” Jasper explained to me with his deep southern voice; my fingers started to trace over Jasper’s scars.

“Well in that case why don’t we go for a swim?” I asked leaning on one elbow and looking up at Jasper’s stunning face.

“That’s a perfect idea” Jasper said kissing my lips softly.

We both untangled ourselves from each other and the bed sheets so we could get dressed in our swimming gear; we laced our fingers as we walked into the hot sun making our skin sparkle brightly. It was a good thing that vampires didn’t need to breath; Jasper and I just held our breath as we dove into the crystal clear water.

It was amazing seeing all the different marine creatures; some swam away from us but others came for a closer look, Jasper and I spent a half the day under the water just swimming wherever we wanted to and not have to worry about anything. After our swim we changed into some comfortable clothes so we could take a nice slow walk through the forest that was behind our little cabin; we followed the path through the forest enjoying the different sights, smells and noises.

“I’m so glad that I met you Alexandra” Jasper said once we stopped; Jasper turned me to face him wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me closer to his body, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I’m glad I met you too, transferring to Forks high was by far the best idea I’ve ever had” I smiled looking up into Jasper’s light golden eyes; my eyes were now matching his in colour.

“Before I met you I had given up all hope that I was going to find someone that I could spend the rest of my life with; but then I laid my eyes on you and my hope returned. You were this beautiful, bubbly, kind hearted, down to earth young woman and I was instantly drawn towards you” Jasper said looking deep into my light golden eyes.

I wasn’t really sure what I could say after that so I did the only thing I could think of; I closed the gap between our faces, gently placing my lips on Jasper’s, I kissed my husband softly but passionately because I was still a newborn vampire I didn’t want to hurt him. We kissed for a while longer until we decided to head back to our cabin but the walk wasn’t silent because I had some questions that were burning to be asked.

“Jazz, why do you think I’m different to other newborns?” I asked as Jasper wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Well Carlisle and I think that it has something to do with the fact that you wanted to be a vampire or maybe because you were mentally and physical preparing yourself for this life” Jasper explained his theories to me.

“Yeah that’s what I thought, but it’s still weird though” I told Jasper looking at the ground.

“It’s more interesting then weird love” Jasper defended me as we walking into our cabin; we walked straight to the living room, we snuggled on the couch while we watched some cable TV.

I wasn’t really paying all that much attention to what as on TV; I was replaying my fuzzy human memories, when Rosalie told me her story she also told me that if I kept remembering my human memories then I could keep them forever.

Even though they were fuzzy I could still make out what was happening; first was the night my parents died, my first night with the Black’s, playing soccer with Jacob, Quil and Embry, all the times Quil tried to impress me, Jacob teaching me about cars, my first driving lesson with Charlie, going fishing with Harry and Seth and screaming when Seth threw a fish at me, and when Jacob and I played hide & seek when I hid behind a tree making Jacob find me instantly because he could see me, then he told me that he could see me and I ran to Quil and Embry to tell them Jacob called me fat and them yelling at Jacob while I laughed.

“What are you thinking about? Your emotions are all over the place” Jasper told me while stroking my hair.

“Just remembering some of my memories, sorry about my emotions” I said tracing the scars on Jasper’s arm.

“Well I’m just glad that most of them make you happy” Jasper said kissing the top of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!