‹ Prequel: Second Chances

Everlasting Love

Chapter 33

Bella and I stood a few feet away from the front line which was made up of Carlisle, Emmett, Rosalie, Edward, Jasper, Tanya, Kate and Eleazar. Close behind Bella, Renesmee and I were Benjamin and Zafrina; it was Bella’s job to protect them as long as she could.

The rest of the witnesses were behind us; some closer then others but all were preparing themselves. In the woods behind all of us were the wolves; all still and ready, I felt better knowing they were all here. I was more comfortable with them near me; I was more comfortable with the sounds of the deep breathing and heavy heart beats.

I smiled when I felt a furry tail softly hit the back of my legs; Jacob stood in the small space between Bella and I. How he fit I’ll never know but it put us both at ease knowing Jacob was close; Renesmee reached out to untwine her fingers through Jacob’s fur.

Jacob placed his right front leg in front of mine legs so they were touching; I knew all Jacob wanted to do was take Nessie and I away from here, I also knew that with even a small amount of physical contact we were able to calm each other down.

Jasper’s attention was focused on the forest in front of us but he reached his arm behind him; I immediately laced my fingers with my husbands. A low hiss came from Edward as everyone turned their attention to where he was looking; a second later I saw them walking so gracefully out of the north side of the forest.

This was the first time for me to see the Volturi and I was nervous; what if I wasn’t strong enough to control them? What if somehow I couldn’t control Jane or Alec? Of coarse I haven’t come across a vampire or human or werewolf that I couldn’t control; but there is always a first time for everything.

“They did come” Vladimir whispered to Stephan.

“The wives, the entire guard. All of them together, it’s good we didn’t try Volterra” Stephan hissed back; apart from Benjamin they were the closet behind me.

“Alistair was right” Edward whispered to Carlisle; as my eyes landed on Irina.

“Alistair was right?” Kate asked pushing for more important.

“Caius and Aro have come to destroy and acquire. They have layers of strategy in place; if Irina’s claim somehow proves to be false then they are prepared to find another reason to take offense. They can see Renesmee now, so they are perfectly sure of what’s going to happen now. We could still try to defend the charges but we have to get them to stop and listen; which they have no intention on going” Edward said quietly so just our side could hear.

I was preparing myself to make the whole Volturi guard stop but they beat me too it; they stopped about 100 meters from us. Instantly I knew why; I could hear the heavy beating hearts of the pack closer to me. All sixteen wolves walked out of the forest; I had gone to La Push a few days ago to talk to Sam but I also got to see who else phased, more of my friends.

I let my eyes wander over all they beautiful faces; I easily picked out most of them by the describes I was told, my eyes lingered on Jane and Alec longer seeing as they were two of my main targets. When my eyes landed on Aro I was slightly surprised when I found him looking straight at me; I knew I would be the one he wanted to see the most seeing as we have never met before.

“Edward?” Carlisle whispered to his son.

“Their not sure how to proceed; they’re weighting options and picking targets, me, you, Eleazar, and Tanya. Marcus is reading the strength in our ties; he’s looking for any weakness. They’re worried about the faces they don’t recognize; Zafrina, Senna and Alex, and the wolves naturally” Edward told us all what was happening.

“Should I speak?” Carlisle asked.

“This is the only chance you’ll get” Edward said after a pause. I watched as Carlisle slowly walked forward with his hands up as a welcoming; I hated letting Carlisle get closer to them without protection. I asked him if he wanted me to go with him if he was able to talk; but Carlisle refused saying he wasn’t sure how Aro would react to me.

“Aro, my friend; it’s been centuries” Carlisle’s voice was calm and friendly.

“Fair words Carlisle; they seem out of place considering the army you’ve made to kill me, to kill my dear ones” Aro said stepping forward with Renata following his every move.

“You have but to touch my hand to know my intent” Carlisle shook his head as he stretched his arm out towards Aro.

“How can your intent possibly matter in the face of what you have done, dear Carlisle” Aro frowned.

“I have not committed the crime you are here to punish for” Carlisle tried to explain keeping his arm stretched out.

“So many pointless rules that you make for yourself Carlisle. How is it possible that you defend the breaking of one that truly matters?” Caius hissed as he walked forward.

“The law is not broken, if you just listen…” Carlisle tried to explain yet again.

“We see the child Carlisle, do not treat us like fools” Caius cut Carlisle of with a hiss; I control the snarl that wanted to escape my throat.

“She is not an immortal, she is not a vampire. If you just let me I can prove…” Carlisle said.

“Where is the informer? Let her come forward” Caius interrupted Carlisle once again as he craned his neck until his eyes landed on a shocked Irina.

After Caius slapped Irina, after Aro read her mind; I watched as Edward walked towards Aro after he was requested. I watched as Edward placed his hand in Aro’s, I watched as Aro’s eyes closed in concentration, I watched as Edward’s neck tightened as he saw what Aro saw.

“You see?” Edward asked.

“Yes I see indeed. You’ve given me much to ponder, young friend” Aro’s voice sounded almost amused.

“May I meet her? I’ve never dreamed of the existence of such a thing; what an addition to our histories” Aro said when Edward remained silent. I watched as Aro and Edward walked back toward the middle of the gap that was between us all, I watched as Aro brought Felix and Demetri with him.

“Bella please bring Renesmee and Alex… and a few friends” Edward said; my eyes snapped onto his as he said my name. Aro wanted to meet me too? Of coarse he did. I heard a low snarl coming from Jasper as his hand tightened on mine; he didn’t want me anyway near Aro.

“Jacob? Emmett?” Bella choose Jacob because he couldn’t leave Renesmee and I alone, she choose Emmett because he would be dying to go.

They both nodded while Emmett also grinned; Bella held Renesmee tight to her chest as we crossed the field. Jacob walked on Bella’s left while Emmett walked on my right; Bella and I stood next to each other causing Nessie to clutch a fist full of my shirt.

“Interesting company you keep” Demetri murmured to Edward causing Jacob to growl and me to snarl.

After Aro murmured to himself about Nessie he turned his attention onto the fact that Bella and I were both wearing the necklaces he sent us as a wedding present; after we both thanked him I watched as Renesmee touched his face.

After Aro and Caius had a little argument, after Aro turned his attention onto my pack, after I, Jacob and the pack snarled at Aro for thinking of them as guard dogs, after Sam’s firm bark Aro turn his attention onto me.

“Hello Alexandra” Aro greeted me with a smile; his deep red eyes locked with my light golden eyes.

“Hello Aro” I replied with my dazzling smile.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you. I must apologize again for not making it to your and Jasper’s wedding” Aro said.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too and you don’t need to apologize” I told him still smiling.

“I can see that I’m going to like you. Just like with young Bella immortality suits you every well, like you were born to live this life…” Aro told me but he was cut off by a low but furious snarl from Jacob; I watched as Aro’s eyes flickered to my brother making my body tense which Aro sensed.

“I wonder. I saw parts of you from Edward but I would like to see more from you, if that’s alright with you Alexandra” Aro said his eyes locked with mine again; as soon as Aro stretched his hand out to me I heard low furious growls coming from Jacob, Jasper and the whole pack, including Sam.

I saw the whole guard tense, Jane leaned forward slightly while Alec’s eyes narrowed in concentration; I spread the fingers on my right hand that was resting at my side; that was the signal for the pack to make them stop, when they stopped their snarls Jacob and Jasper stopped too.

I knew this would happen and I was fine with it; unlike Jacob and Jasper who threw a fit when I told them not to worry. Aro was about to find out about me sooner or later; he was always going to found out about my connection with the wolves, about what happened to my parents and Sarah, about how I was turned, about losing Jasper, how the wolves phase, how I met Spencer, and about my gift.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!