‹ Prequel: Second Chances

Everlasting Love

Chapter 8

Today Jasper and I along with Bella and Edward were going on our honeymoon; we were sharing the same flight, both Bella and I had no idea where our husband’s were taking us. I saw Bella park her new car in the Cullen’s garage; she went out for lunch with her family, I had already called Dad and Rachel but I wanted to see Jacob before I left. I wasn’t sure if he would show up but I was hoping he would; I needed to see him before I left, I didn’t know how long I would be gone for. I watched as Bella walked back into the house; I was in the garage with Emmett, I was looking under Alice’s car because I have never had the chance to look at a sport’s car engine, Emmett was nice enough to hold the car up for me. Emmett was holding the front of the car up; it was nearly standing straight up which made it easier for me because I didn’t have to bend over to check the car out.

Emmett was telling me how nice it was that Bella and I were his new sister in-laws; he said he couldn’t ask for two better girls for Jasper and Edward. I finished checking out Alice’s car so I bent over to pick up some of my tools that I brought over with me just in case I needed to fix anything; everything after that happened so fast that my brain didn’t register what was happening for it was too late. A quiet hiss came from Emmett’s throat, I saw Jacob walk out of the forest in his human form, Emmett was standing beside me, Jacob had a look of pure horror on his handsome face, then I was pushed to the ground and excruciating pain ran through my body.

“Ahh!” I screamed loud enough that I was sure everyone down in La Push heard me.

“Alex!” I heard Jacob roar with so much anger and pain in his voice that it broke my heart.

“Alex, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean too, I didn’t think” Emmett said but I could barely hear him over my blood curdling screams; I managed to hear my name being called out from the house before I sensed people standing around me.

“Move!” Jacob demanded urgently; I felt the heat from his body on the right side of my body. My forehead was still pressed against the cold hard concrete wishing the pain would go away; everyone around me was whispering, their voices sounded scared and worried.

“Alexandra?” Jasper said softly from beside me; he was on my left side. I swear I could hear him restraining himself so he didn’t attack me.

“It was an accident, I’m so sorry” Emmett said quietly.

“We know that Emmett” Esme comforted her son. I didn’t blame Emmett for this; I know it was an accident, he was trying to protect me, he didn’t know it was Jacob in the forest. He didn’t mean to let go of Alice’s car, and I’m sure that he didn’t notice that I was still under the car. Emmett didn’t mean to let the car fall on me.

“Carlisle, what are we going to do?” Spencer asked.

“I don’t know. She’s losing a lot of blood but if we move the car then she’ll lose more” Carlisle explained and for the first time his voice wasn’t calm.

“Alex, will die?” Bella asked; her voice was uneven.

“I’m afraid so” Carlisle said quietly; I heard Bella start to cry and Jacob kept repeating ‘no’ over and over again. I made one hand grab Jacob’s and the other grab Jasper’s hand; my screaming was slowly quieting down slightly when some of the pain went.

“Oh no, her spine” Carlisle whispered with pain and hurt thick in his voice.

“She can’t feel her legs anymore” Edward told everyone reading my thoughts.

“No! You can’t let her die, please don’t let her die” Jacob begged tightening his grip on my hand.

“I don’t care if you have to turn her, just do something. Please I can’t lose her” Jacob begged again.

“We’ll have to work quickly” Carlisle said; I heard him quietly instructing everyone to do something but I wasn’t paying them any attention.

“Jacob, are you sure?” Jasper asked my brother.

“Yes please you have to save her” Jacob said quietly stroking my hair.

“Jasper, get ready” Carlisle told his son; suddenly the weight was lifted off of my back, I was quickly rolled over and picked up. My vision was becoming blocky and fuzzy as I was placed onto a firm bed; the room reminded me off a hospital room but I did manage to see a book shelf, we were in Carlisle’s office.

“Go!” Carlisle said firmly; then a door was opened and shut quickly. People started to talk quietly but I managed to figure the voices out; there was Carlisle, Jasper and Jacob. Carlisle injected my body with morphine to try and sooth the coming pain; I felt a hot hand grab my hand tightly.

“Carlisle, I don’t know” Jasper whispered hesitantly; I told him that I wanted him to bite me but if he couldn’t do it then I was fine with that. Jasper told me that he would try but he was afraid of losing control and killing me; I just reassured him that I trusted him.

“Jasper, I know you can do this. You will be able to stop because you love her, I trust you” Jacob said; I was shocked because I was expecting Carlisle to say that but I was more then happy that my brother felt that way.

“I love you so much Mrs. Alex Hale” Jasper whispered in my ear before I felt his cold lips kiss my lips passionately; he kissed my neck softly before he sank his teeth through my skin, then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Alex live or will she die?

Comment are welcome!