Status: On hiatus; sorry loves

Boarding School for the Abnormally Gifted

Big News.

"Ash! Violet! Can you guys come down here please? Your father and I would like to talk to you!" My mother yelled up the stairs to us.

"Coming Mom! Jinx! Gimme your iPod! Double Jinx! Gimme your converse!" My brother and I said at the same time, this caused us to laugh like hyenas.

"Are you guys coming or not?" Our mother responded to our laughter after a moment.

"I'll race you downstairs." Ash said smiling at me as we walked to the door. I pretended to think about it and as we advanced toward the door said "Okay! Go!" And ran downstairs easily beating him to the living room where our parents were sitting.

"I win. I win. Na na na na na-na." I sang and stuck out my tongue at my twin brother, Ash.

He laughed and said "Shut up little sis." Tantalizing me and ruffling my hair.

"By only 30 SECONDS." I snapped back.

"Yeah but I still came out first, now didn't I?" He responded and gave me a smug smile.

"Yeah, well, shut up." Was all I could come back with, along with sticking my tongue out at him playfully, and childishly I might add.

"Are you two done yet?" Our father questioned us, while holding our mothers hand on the sofa across the room from us.

"Oh yeah, go ahead dad. Tell us what you wanted to talk about." Ash answered for us, trying to play the responsible older brother role. Psht, yeah right.

"I wanted to discuss school with you two." He said, giving me a disapproving look when I slouched down into Ashton's lap on the love seat across from them.

"What about it?" I questioned, completely ignoring the look he gave me. Ash is my twin and, even though I don't like to admit it, older brother. We were always touching if we were near each other, and we were almost always near each other.

"Violet, you will be going to a, finishing school in a sort of way, for your powers. Now do not, and I mean do NOT, make a big deal about this. I don't want to hear any complaints from either of you as a matter-of-fact, Violet will be going to the boarding school and that is that." Father said rather sternly to Ash and I, knowing Ash wouldn't be happy about the fact that his baby twin sister would be leaving him to go to an all boy boarding school away from him.

Where did I get 'all boy' from? Well you see we're wizards, but the thing is no woman has ever been a wizard before. Every generation of every wizard family has a set of twins, like Ash and myself, only they are usually identical boy twins. On their 18th birthday, one of the twins will keep their powers and the other one won't. There won't be any fighting for it, it is just determined by your genes. One of them will keep it and the other one won't. But there is a larger difference between Ash and I being twins and other normal wizard family twins, beside us being two different genders, Ash has already lost his powers and we are only seventeen. It happened one day when we were younger about seven or eight years ago, but that's a different story. So since all wizards are boys, and I am the only girl wizard, that means that I will indeed be a girl at an all boys boarding school.

"Okay dad, I'm not going to complain. I get it, really. We all knew this day was going to come eventually right?" I asked from my place now cradled in Ash's lap

"I'm glad you're taking this so well, sweetie." My mother finally added to our conversation.

"Yeah, well, what am I going to do? It's not like I can say no anyway." I remarked.

"Very true." My father added.

"So if that's all I think we will be goi-" Ash was starting to speak when our father cut him off.

"Wait just one second, don't you want to know when you will be leaving?" He asked me, which caused me to nod my response.

"Of course." I replied when he gave me that look that said 'speak.'

"You'll be leaving tomorrow." He said and I felt Ash tighten his grip around my waist where his hands were now sitting from when he was trying to get us both up off the love seat. Oh he was not happy about this.

Without another word Ash and I made our way back upstairs to his room where we were previously. After closing the door behind us he finally spoke:

"Tomorrow." He whispered, looking at the floor. I wasn't going to lie, I was definitely going to miss my brother.

"It'll be alright," I said, walking closer to him, "you can come visit me on holidays, or I'll be coming home, and we can call. It won't be that bad. I hope." I added the last part on quieter than the rest, it was more for myself than him. "I think I'm going to go pack." I told him and went to leave the room.

"I'll help you." He responded, sort of in a trance, like he was thinking of something else instead of the words coming out of his mouth.

"Okay." I agreed and we walked across the hall into my bright orange room. Ash immediately went into my closet to get my suitcases for me because I was to short and I went to the full body mirror hanging on my wall.

Examining my small five foot three inch stature, with thigh length ebony hair and purple streaks, my bangs in my eyes, pale complexion, and gray eyes covered thickly in black eyeliner, I said to myself;

"I, Violet Marie Aarons, am going to attend an all boy boarding school, for wizards. This, I'm sure, is going to be a strange and hormonal experience." And then I turned around and helped my brother help me pack.