Status: On hiatus; sorry loves

Boarding School for the Abnormally Gifted

Lost Lovers

The day had continued on very uneventful, all the boys had backed off now that I didn't look as 'hot' to them, but I was still receiving the occasional stare. We all headed back to my room after school as per usual now, and decided to attempt doing homework and studying. Currently I was sitting in Alec's lap trying to not get distracted by the fact that he was breathing in my ear and reading over my shoulder.

"Hey Violet," Jay asked me from the floor, "Did you get an assignment to look up the history of the school today?" I shook my head.

"No, why?"

"No reason really, I just don't feel like going to the library alone." He gave me a sheepish grin and I rolled my eyes.

"Well I don't have a head-ache anymore and I could use a good book to read, so I'll go with you if that's what you're hinting at." I tried to squirm out of Alec's arms, but he just whimpered and gave me puppy eyes.

"Don't leave me," he pouted, "if you're not here then there won't be anybody to keep my lap warm."

"But, but, but, I wanna get a book to read." I did in my most baby-ish voice and planted the most extreme puppy dog pout on my face I could, big watery eyes and quivering lip included.

He sighed. "Fine, but when you get back you are not leaving my arms, just so you know."

"Is that suppose to be a punishment cause it doesn't sound so bad to me." I laughed and got up.

Jay and I left the room and headed towards the elevator. I just now realized that in the week I had been here I had yet to find out where the library actually was. Wow. I followed Jay through the halls until we stopped at a huge pair of oak doors with 'Library' printed across them. When we went inside I quickly understood why Jay hadn't wanted to come down here alone. It. Was. HUGE. I think I could have easily been lost in here if I hadn't of been following him. It also gave off this creepy 'I'm watching you' feeling, which was odd because it was only a room full of books.

"I'm gonna be here if you need me, is there any kind of specific book you like to read Vi? 'Cause I can point you in the right direction if you want." Jay told me.

"Yeah actually, where's the romance section?" I asked and he just rolled his eyes.

"The row against the wall hun, it's all romance novels."

"Kay, just yell for me when you're done and I'll come back to you." I smiled and headed off in the direction of the back of the library.

I was amazed at the amount of romance novels they had for a library in an all boys school. Maybe the librarian used to be a woman. I was so consumed looking at the rows upon rows of books that I didn't see where I was going and tripped over a stack of books on the floor. As I fell to the floor with a thud an old looking book fell off the shelf above me and opened to a random page, a cloud of dust arising from the long neglected pages.

"Violet, are you okay?" Jay yelled, I could hear his footsteps getting closer.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just tripped over a book on the floor." I said as I saw him round the corner into the aisle I was in.

I looked down to pick up the book when I froze. What is this? It can't be. Jay saw my abrupt stop in movement and bent over me waving his hand in my face.

"Vi, hunny what's wrong?" He sounded worried and I would have looked up to see his face, but my eyes couldn't get off the picture in the book on the floor. It must just be the distortion of the dust, if I just wipe it off then it won't look like who I think it is.

Boy was I wrong. I wiped the layer of dust off the page and gasped, I also heard Jay's sharp intake of breath beside me. There on the page in clear black and white was an exact drawing to the smallest detail of me and Alec holding hands walking down a path in the woods, gazing into each others eyes wearing Victorian clothing.

What. The. Hell.